Unpopular Opinions

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Interesting that the composite of Nuggets uniforms shows that their colors have always been blue and yellow, more or less, but I still never think of them as a blue and yellow team the way I would the Warriors or Pacers because they've had so many gimmicks: the rainbows, the dark-and-fade, the baby blue, the numerous overexposed alternates. I wouldn't be averse to some totally new color scheme for them. DIdn't they have an alternate this year that was black, white, and pale ice blue? Try that full-time. It would get away from gold, as in gold nuggets, but they've gotta try something novel. Their branding has been a mess for years.

I also recall a concept that had the Nuggets in a Black/Yellow color scheme. I like that idea (I might add light blue or maybe silver trim too), or, failing that, go with either navy, black, or dark gray with gold and silver (maybe even emphasize gold and silver with the dark color separating them)--after all, they are basically named for precious metals. Why not own that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

This was, IMO, the best the Rams have ever looked (even with the drab color scheme).

e087511fe627c10eba423348220d2b65.jpg

hi-res-82903167_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=4

Reebok's shiny material just made the metallic gold look even better.

These aren't drab at all. Nike has made the Rams drab. They were looking gorgeous in metallic gold with gold pants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

These aren't drab at all. Nike has made the Rams drab. They were looking gorgeous in metallic gold with gold pants.

Sorry, I meant drab compared to the royal and gold. But I agree, Nike just ruins it with their matte material.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ark said:

Not sure if this is unpopular.

The Spurs are a really boring team with really boring colors and it would suit them to use this as their primary logo.

San_Antonio_Spurs_3ef7c_450x450.png

Agreed. I LOVED that logo and always wished they would find some way to incorporate those "fiesta" colors into their uniforms.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:38 AM, BroncoBuff said:

Although I'm aware there exists a near-universal consensus to the contrary, I ADORE the Nuggets' multi-color skyline looks ....

Even less popular an opinion - the #44 jersey in the middle - without a guy inside? Maybe my favorite uniform ever.  I'm aware of the visual dissonance the green seems to cause, but I can't help it. The heart wants what the heart wants.

jjdAX5Q.png

I've always liked the Nuggets' skyline too. It came from the same wacky '80s experimentation that brought us the Bucks' Irish Rainbow and the Hawks' Pac-Man. Odd that '80s changes were so wacky for the NBA but not so much for other leagues...or did the "Rainbow Guts" debut in the '80s?

20 hours ago, Ark said:

Not sure if this is unpopular.

The Spurs are a really boring team with really boring colors and it would suit them to use this as their primary logo.

San_Antonio_Spurs_3ef7c_450x450.png

Just bring those colors back to the court like they had at the Alamodome.  Silver and black is great...but when you have those Fiesta colors available due to locale, use 'em.  

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

This was, IMO, the best the Rams have ever looked (even with the drab color scheme).

e087511fe627c10eba423348220d2b65.jpg

hi-res-82903167_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=4

Reebok's shiny material just made the metallic gold look even better.

Nike destroyed these jerseys. I loved the Rams look in the early 2000's. 

XM4KeeA.png

32 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Montreal Alouettes look way better with the white helmet compared to the silver helmet. Same goes for Toronto's white helmet vs the blue helmet.

If the Argos could fuse the blue and white helmets it would be perfect. Argos should have a blue helmet, but the striping is perfect on the white. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The Navy-era Whalers look ten times better than the green-and-royal Whalers, in my opinion. Especially the logo.

Those uniforms had probably the most aesthetically pleasing color scheme I've ever seen. Navy, green, and silver are gorgeous together.

• Like 3

really like the Seattle Mariners' 87-92 "M's" era uniform:
yxf3Llh.jpg
I like the "S" cap logo with the yellow drop-shadow, I like the script and its blue-yellow-blue outline, I even like the single-coloured numbers - though I don't like that they looked ironed on. :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, uuh70 said:

My favorite Angels uniform

98328002-tony-phillips-of-the-anaheim-an

Would seriously love a TBTC to this era, but doubt it happens since they didn't acknowledge it during their 50th anniversary season

I still have this jersey...Anaheim patch and all.  It was made by Russell Athletics.  I also have the alternate with the periwinkle sleeves.  Yikes!

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png