Unpopular Opinions

2 hours ago, grillbrosdesign said:

Why? 

Simpler version of the pirate. Plus, the Bucs did not want to get into trouble using the skulls and crossbones as to Ron Wolf was with the Bucs and told them to not copy their logo design off the Oakland Raiders of that time since Wolf did work for the Raiders at prior.

At first they were going to use a Captain Hook type pirate, but they thought it was too scary for kids if they come to football games. So they went ahead and the cartoonist who created it had decided to make it wink with his dagger in his mouth. At first Wolf didn't like the design but thought it would be at least decent looking. The logo was limited because Culverhouse was ask not to use pine green with orange and red because the uniforms would look too much like the Dolphins.

The type of red they used was crimson which is why Malcolm Glazer had the red darkened which was easy to darken crimson to make it slightly a cardinal red color since cardinal red is in the crimson family of the red tones. The type of orange they used in 1976-1996 was not the same as the Denver Broncos (1981-1996 type of orange). The Bucs used an amber orange type deal. Similar to orange juice color (hence Creamsicles). The reason why a bright orange was because Culverhouse was trying to make a contrast to the Florida Orange trees and thought it would work since the Denver Broncos type of orange was too plain and would clash too much with red.

The white helmets was because since pine green was not an option for Culverhouse, white reflect well for the early August to mid October heat in the southern climate.

So the actually Bucs (1976-1996) colors were amber orange, crimson, and white. I can tell by this was because amber orange does not clash together with red which is why you can see the red pretty good with the uniforms or slightly.

The peach orange :censored: in 2009 was way beyond meh!!! I thought that was just plain bizarre!

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I wish the Marlins went with aqua, yellow, coral orange (or red-orange), and white. :( Have the grey as their home with the aqua wordmark with yellow and coral orange trim. I don't like the two tone teal, the red-orange, yellow, black, white all in one cluster:censored: rainbow!

Where's the two tone teal? They don't use teal at all anymore and when they did it wasn't two toned. Are you confusing their current bright blue with their 93-2011 teal? They're not the same color and they've never used them together. Their current blue is occasionally wrongly thought to be teal.

Also, what you are describing as your wish for them seems like a more colorful mess than what they already have. The only bunched up color they have now is on their cap logo (and sleeve patch) and on the M in their wordmarks. Beyond those spots everything is generally two colors with an occasional third accent color thrown in. Their home jerseys are white and black with red-orange trim. Their red-orange alternates are red-orange and black with light blue trim. Their black alternates are black and white with orange numbers and trim. Beyond the M their jerseys aren't as colorful as people say they are.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Where's the two tone teal? They don't use teal at all anymore and when they did it wasn't two toned. Are you confusing their current bright blue with their 93-2011 teal? They're not the same color and they've never used them together. Their current blue is occasionally wrongly thought to be teal.

Also, what you are describing as your wish for them seems like a more colorful mess than what they already have. The only bunched up color they have now is on their cap logo (and sleeve patch) and on the M in their wordmarks. Beyond those spots everything is generally two colors with an occasional third accent color thrown in. Their home jerseys are white and black with red-orange trim. Their red-orange alternates are red-orange and black with light blue trim. Their black alternates are black and white with orange numbers and trim. Beyond the M their jerseys aren't as colorful as people say they are.

Oh dude, sorry! I thought that was a lighter form of teal. It doesn't look aqua as aqua looks kind of like a pale cyan color. But yeah. I meant only use those four colors and ditch black.

YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST TEAL, GREY, BLACK, AND WHITE LIKE THEIR 1993-2011 look. I AM STARTING TO HATE THEIR NEW LOOK NOW! NOT VERY UNIQUE TO THE MARLINS FRANCHISE! WHY DID THEY COPY THE DOLPHINS?!!!

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, Silver_Star said:

Oh dude, sorry! I thought that was a lighter form of teal. It doesn't look aqua as aqua looks kind of like a pale cyan color. But yeah. I meant only use those four colors and ditch black.

YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST TEAL, GREY, BLACK, AND WHITE LIKE THEIR 1993-2011 look. I AM STARTING TO HATE THEIR NEW LOOK NOW! NOT VERY UNIQUE TO THE MARLINS FRANCHISE! WHY DID THEY COPY THE DOLPHINS?!!!

They didn't copy the Dolphins. The Dolphins have aqua and orange, the Marlins had black red-orange and a bright blue. The orange is similar but there's enough differences in the color scheme to not be calling them copies. With that said, there's a million sports franchises in the same cities that use the same color schemes.

I can understand your wishing for the teal and black scheme to return and/or for them to just drop black from their current scheme. That's fair and many would agree with you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mcj882000 said:

(Not sure how unpopular this actually is, but I've never actually seen this opinion here before, so...)
This should've been what the Indians replaced Chief Wahoo with, not the block-C they presently use:
2271.png

Too piggyback off this, I'm a huge fan of basically the entire look of that era. This font is great imo.

2273.png

• Like 2

I think that more MLB teams should wear white shoes; I believe that a few teams should have done so during the 1980s (Blue Jays, Mariners [not their current set, but during the 1980s, especially with the 1981-86 uniform set, and the 1987-92 set], Dodgers [yeah, they're a traditional team, but they could pull it off well], and the Mets I can most see wearing them).

UBwef0L.png