Unpopular Opinions

On 8/24/2016 at 9:48 AM, the admiral said:

TheBigA.jpg

This has been out there since the early days of Anaheim Stadium. I'm pretty sure it's always been red, so it would be weird if the one on the cap weren't.

EDIT: Apparently it was originally white. Did not know that.

It was painted green after the stadium remodel and stayed that color during the Edison Field years.

The Atlanta Hawks' uniforms aren't even that bad. Yes, they have some questionably trendy colors going on there, but I think they go together quite nicely. My only complaint is that they didn't go all-out on their triangular pattern.

Image result for atlanta hawks new uniforms 2015

By the way, that "firebird" logo is cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Atlanta Hawks' uniforms aren't even that bad. Yes, they have some questionably trendy colors going on there, but I think they go together quite nicely. My only complaint is that they didn't go all-out on their triangular pattern.

I want to see a Volt Green set. It should glow in the dark, as should all other Volt Green elements of their uniforms.

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm not really sure what makes a good basketball uniform, but I also like these. But I know enough about basketball to say that interchangeable pants is really amateur and makes it seem like it's a high school practice or something...

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

53 minutes ago, Wandell said:

Like I said, I've always liked colored uniform pants. Even these.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My reaction before I got to the bottom of the card:

"Is that Elway? Did he ever wear colored pants? I don't think he did. Craig Morton, then?" Glad to see I was able to guess this one! Lol

53 minutes ago, dont care said:

When ever I see matte red helmets they always just look pink to me and bad.

Our high school used a matte finish on their red helmets several years ago and I didn't care for it. I think it looks good on most other colors though.

I think the Cowboys look better with triple-striped sleeves than with double:

IMG_5072.JPG

I figure it'd be unpopular since triple stripes are more of a 49ers thing, but triple looks better and cleaner to me than the rather clunky double stripes they have now.

Also - maybe not as unpopular - but I'd be a very happy man if Dallas brought this whole set back (with the only difference being using the double outlined star instead). This pictured uniform here, I feel, is the best individual uniform Dallas ever had.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I don't care for this logo and am glad it's no longer being used:

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

Me too. I am going to miss that fantastic Wordmark though!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Kansas City chiefs have the worst, most bland uniform set in the entire NFL, and their insistence on turtlenecks in the player profile pictures is stupid.

tempKCvsSD16-GameAction016--nfl_mezz_128

temp2016_KC_vs_HOU_010--nfl_mezz_1280_10

SmithAl_Headshot_Web-330x360.jpg

Edited by lost_limey
Swicthed Alex Smith Headshot for one that wasn't photoshopped to make him bald.

16 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I don't care for this logo and am glad it's no longer being used:

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

I think it's a shame that it's gone. (But the jersey swap was a good choice.) The only negative this logo has going for it is that yes, it's yet another circular logo but there are enough elements included to keep it from being part of the "lazy roundel club", where Dallas and my Lightning's secondaries reside. 

• Like 2

They've been doing the turtlenecks for years, haven't they? I seem to remember playing Madden 2000 as a kid and even then the Chiefs players wore turtlenecks in their pictures.

I always thought it was kind of odd, but it's one of those little quirks you know them for, so I guess it works for them in that regard.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png