Unpopular Opinions

Georgia Southern needs a new look. The Alabama look a likes were only there due to financial issues. Now that they are an established brand I think they should get a new look, I'd love to see their retro eagle logo on the helmet permanently.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

On 9/10/2016 at 4:23 PM, Silver_Star said:

Oops forgot to mention this stupid look!

Image result for Los Angeles Kings 2000 purple

When they added this nightmare, I couldn't even sleep at night to think what their new colors would be. Purple, Black, Silver, and Mustard Gold? OH GOD!

It was metallic gold.  

It was a beautiful alternate jeresey.  One of my "whales".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/8/2016 at 10:59 AM, Ben in LA said:

Even though the Lakers went to seven finals (and won five of them) in their current uniforms, I kinda wish they'd come up with a new set to signify a new era of Lakers Basketball.  Maybe they could even bring back the giraffe in some way. Keep the home golds though!

Another unpopular opinion: I like the Hollywood Nights sleeved jerseys.  Ouch.

McCrosby had an awesome Lakers giraffe logo

scdrib.png

Also really like this one:

Mghe4Ot.jpg

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 9/10/2016 at 4:12 PM, Silver_Star said:

As much as I hate the uniform, their facemask is grey too.

Like I said, they need to go back to this,

Image result for 1984 New York GiantsImage result for 1984 New York Giants

I much prefer the current blue uniform, without any red trim, to the one pictured there. But that white uniform is pretty damn sharp. We're going to basically get that with white socks during color rush, so I'm looking forward to that.

To me, though, this is the perfect look for the Giants (well, I could leave the gray stripes in the pants behind, but not a big deal):

giants-hope-alive-narrow-win-raiders.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kroywen said:

I much prefer the current blue uniform, without any red trim, to the one pictured there. But that white uniform is pretty damn sharp. We're going to basically get that with white socks during color rush, so I'm looking forward to that.

To me, though, this is the perfect look for the Giants (well, I could leave the gray stripes in the pants behind, but not a big deal):

giants-hope-alive-narrow-win-raiders.jpg

They need to ditch the grey facemask and bring back the white facemask. They need to ditch the grey part of their pants piping and then fix the road whites so that blue will be prominent and that will be your giants uniforms!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

They need to ditch the grey facemask and bring back the white facemask. They need to ditch the grey part of their pants piping and then fix the road whites so that blue will be prominent and that will be your giants uniforms!

Other than the gray facemask, this?

1974_NYGiants.png

That's probably their absolute best look, IMO. Though I've always wondered how a recolored version of their current road jersey would look - blue numbers and stripes, rather than red. Wouldn't have a historical precedence, but would probably look really good.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kroywen said:

Other than the gray facemask, this?

1974_NYGiants.png

That's probably their absolute best look, IMO. Though I've always wondered how a recolored version of their current road jersey would look - blue numbers and stripes, rather than red. Wouldn't have a historical precedence, but would probably look really good.

YES! YES! More like this! MORE LIKE THIS! But you got to have red to differ from the Colts. I wonder why people want the Rams and Giants to look like the Colts so badly? Geez!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

Except this board would be flooded with posts about the helmet stripes not matching the stripes on the pants

Oh god they didn't. That's why I prefer their 1980-1999 look. The 1974 look is what I like the Giants to wear now as well too. Consistent and not too over done! It's just what bothers me is that the :censored:ing road whites on the current Giants uniforms have TOO MUCH RED and not enough BLUE to have the BLUE AND RED COME TOGETHER like the 1974 and then the 1980-1999 look.

Plus the grey pants make the Giants current look seem too dated and mud combo with royal blue and grey. No grey helmets, then the grey has to go. The Falcons 1978-1989 uniforms did it correct because there was enough silver on their home red uniforms to warrant the silver pants.

On 9/12/2016 at 0:22 PM, DNAsports said:

I put this in the CFL Uniform Thread, but I might as well put it here...

I actually really like the BC Lions uniform set. A little black in the away uniform wouldn't hurt, but it's still unique without.

I didn't like the white helmet when the logo looked like,

Image result for British Columbia Lions CFL 1984

Until I saw,

I say make a black outline on the paw print. I like that better because the lions head they use I know it's a Mountain Lion, but the paw print looks :censored:ing awesome. Putting BC under the paw print would be awesome bigly.

And the British Columbia Lion's uniforms are always good BECAUSE they utilize the black and orange much better than today's Cincinnati Bengals. With the white helmets and orange or black jerseys and white pants, the BC Lions look is excellent. But to me, my favorite CFL look is this,
Image result for Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2016

Image result for Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2016

I wish the Rams would of took a look at how the Winnipeg Blue Bombers did royal blue and metallic gold. They made their metallic gold look more UCLA and not too khaki like. I know the Blue Bombers did have a sort of Khaki look around the early 2000's to mid 2000's, but that is why they wore the throwbacks. The throwbacks were better that it warrant them to return to the look as you see in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2016 uniforms.

• Like 1

Now that the color rush uniforms are out, I've come out of my hiding spot for more!

I think Color Rush in general isn't that bad, as long as they're just one-offs.

Jets mono-kelly green looks terrible to me

Raiders also look terrible, should have been all-black

Jaguars all gold is beautiful (Possibly the most unpopular opinion I've ever said)

Other NFL!

The Ravens gold pants were pretty bad, but not as bad as many people said they were

NBA!

Both the Wizards' "stars and stripes" and the Nets' new grey throwback-ish alternates are trash.

*Ducks and runs away*

ExJworW.png

On 9/10/2016 at 1:12 PM, Silver_Star said:

As much as I hate the uniform, their facemask is grey too.

Like I said, they need to go back to this,

Image result for 1984 New York GiantsImage result for 1984 New York Giants

Amazing how in the second photo, the TV numbers are honkin' huge! The Jets also had similarly-sized TV numbers in that period.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png