Unpopular Opinions

15 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

My fave Cannucks set is the Pre-Edge era.

nov2610_00Nazzy01_b_std.jpg

722826631.jpg

I'll admit the colour balance wasn't perfect, but the jersey themselves were great. That shiny silver, the reddish marroon, all of it. It's a shame they dumped these to go back to Blue & Green when it wasn't needed.

Such an underrated uniform. The Oilers, Flames, and Canucks all looked their best in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Anyway, about the BiG, it's still an amazing logo, just not as good as their current look (to me.)

Agreed. Literally ALL of the Brewers' current logos are better than the Ball-in-glove logo (which I also, think is a very overrated logo).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

My fave Cannucks set is the Pre-Edge era.
nov2610_00Nazzy01_b_std.jpg

I'll admit the colour balance wasn't perfect, but the jersey themselves were great. That shiny silver, the reddish marroon, all of it. It's a shame they dumped these to go back to Blue & Green when it wasn't needed.

I agree it looked good but the new colour scheme is vastly superior.  The thing I liked about that set the most is that the Orca gets to stand alone.

• Like 5

On 8/6/2016 at 7:34 PM, Morgo said:

Here's one,

For all the flaws of the Canucks current set, they are still one of the best dressed teams in the league right now.  Best colour scheme, bar none.

That is bold.

I think they are one of the better dressed teams. Not in my top five, but probably in my top ten. I will also agree that they have one of the best color schemes, especially since they deviate from the standard black/blue/red/white/yellow (gold) that it we see over and over (yes, I am aware that my favorite team is also guilty of this). Bar none, though? 

They're easily, top five, though. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I like the one before that with the numbers on the shoulders, the cardinal head, and the flag inside the sleeve stripes. It was too much, but averaged out with the home uniforms having not enough, the whole thing was just right.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/5/2016 at 9:45 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Wouldn't call that my favorite but it has some positives for sure. The wordmark could use some tweaks but I like that its a pinstripe road uniform, the periwinkle color could be useful if used right, and most of all I really think that's one uniform that looks pretty good as a vest.

However......that's where the set failed.  It was faux-vest.  Sleeves were sewn on.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On August 4, 2016 at 9:17 AM, WSU151 said:

I liked this set...but am puzzled by the baseball coming out of the wing, and am also puzzled as to why no one asked "Does this look like a phallus?"  The Anaheim patch is really nice though.

I was a kid when this set came out, and thought the ball going across the wing looked like the wings had arms and we're hanging onto the rest of the A. 

Outside that, I loved the home whites. 

20 hours ago, insert name said:

The Thrashers always had a cool name, logo and their original white jersey was their best.

57bb51c11feb6709c987484d04ad9135.jpg

The name was excellent. The colors weren't the problem, and while I agree that this is the best jersey they had, it's largely because so many of their uniforms were garbage.  

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I love the original Seahawks set.

I even liked the slate blue when they would actually wear white pants. (:censored:ing hate mono without contrasting socks) 

The new one, while I don't hate as much as I used to, is definitely the worst of the three. #1 because mono, when it looks so much better with gray pants and #2 I hate those stupid chest stripes.

• Like 1