Unpopular Opinions

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

-I love everything about the BC Lions new uniform set

-The sleeve number on baseball jerseys (a la Philadelphia Phillies) should be used more often

Not sure how often it should be used, but I agree that the sleeve number works well for the Phils.

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

SlapShot_252Pyxurz.jpg

I like hockey...movies (like Slapshot and Mighty Ducks as a kid) aaaaand playoff hockey from time to time aaaand a live game of our Junior hockey team the Fargo Force (the name and logo are another topic all together though). But that's it!

7 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

I hate the word squatchee. It's a button. 

I also think it's dumb how soccer calls them kits. 

And finally, one that will probably get me shooed off this board entirely......

I dont like hockey. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly about soccer "kits". What a silly name.

I'm not a fan of how most soccer teams wear different "colours" at home and on the road...as in, totally different color schemes. At least the Columbus Crew don't do that.

I enjoy hockey sometimes but don't care for most uniforms, really. Too dark, although at least they've been lightening up lately. I'm also not a fan of the design in general, with the bulky shirts and the piping in weird places and the plain-colored pants. Guess I'm just too American, I dunno.

8 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

I hate the word squatchee. It's a button. 

I also think it's dumb how soccer calls them kits. 

And finally, one that will probably get me shooed off this board entirely......

I dont like hockey. 

With soccer at least, the word kit refers to the shirt, shorts, and socks. The whole kit, not just the jersey.

Do agree on the button though. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

"Kit" isn't really a soccer thing as much as it is a British thing. Rugby uniforms and the like are also referred to as kits, generally meaning uniform or equipment. Of course Americans and Canadians are most likely to hear it in reference to soccer uniforms, as it is a term that has made its way into the soccer lexicon in North America. The word "strip" is also used interchangeably in this context. 

I think "kit" can also refer to clothing generally, as the phrase "get your kit off" means take off your clothes. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I am not British.

4 hours ago, Chauncey917 said:

The word "strip" is also used interchangeably in this context.... I think "kit" can also refer to clothing generally, as the phrase "get your kit off" means take off your clothes....

You're trying to seduce me, Mr. Chauncey!

On June 30, 2016 at 4:39 PM, DiePerske said:

With soccer at least, the word kit refers to the shirt, shorts, and socks. The whole kit, not just the jersey.

And that's why we 'Mericans have the word "uniform". 

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 6/30/2016 at 8:50 AM, C-Squared said:

I almost hate to create evidence of this opinion, but I caught some clips on NFL Network and love how this set looks in action:

orange-top-brown-bottom.0.png

Do you mean the whole set or this particular look?

There are lots of minor issues with the entire redesign that I hope get addressed in future tweaks (though in my heart I hope they just say :censored: it and go back to what were nearly perfect jerseys). But the orange jersey is clearly their best IMO. The stripes match the helmet and the numbers/letters are both white. Easily their best look. Not sure if I'm ready to sign off on the brown pants but it's better than their monochrome looks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Do you mean the whole set or this particular look?

There are lots of minor issues with the entire redesign that I hope get addressed in future tweaks (though in my heart I hope they just say :censored: it and go back to what were nearly perfect jerseys). But the orange jersey is clearly their best IMO. The stripes match the helmet and the numbers/letters are both white. Easily their best look. Not sure if I'm ready to sign off on the brown pants but it's better than their monochrome looks.

I agree it looks better than their brown jerseys, but therein lies a problem: They are the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Oranges.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:07 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

I know it will never happen, but the hockey fan side of me would love to see them pack up the Hurricanes, Devils, Panthers and Coyotes, and give us an expansion team. Resulting in new teams in Quebec, Southwest Toronto, Indianapolis, Milwaukee and Seattle.

Hurricanes - a few more years of less than stellar play and I might agree with you. 

Devils - they've moved twice already and with 3 Stanley Cups won in NJ, they'll never move. 

Panthers - they are just starting to get better. Plus I think they are doing fine in Florida. 

Coyotes - matter of time IMO. Seattle needs an arena to house them when they become the Metros 2.0 

Quebec deserves a franchise, not sure that Toronto needs another team. Maybe let Hamilton back into the league. Milwaukee and Indy? Not sold on those two. 

Just my opinions. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 6/30/2016 at 8:50 AM, C-Squared said:

I almost hate to create evidence of this opinion, but I caught some clips on NFL Network and love how this set looks in action:

orange-top-brown-bottom.0.png

That could be a top-5 uniform if they took off the city and team name.  

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/2/2016 at 11:45 AM, WSU151 said:

That could be a top-5 uniform if they took off the city and team name and considerably shrunk the the city name.

Fixed.

That said, Orange Jersey/Brown Pants is one of the better combos of this Browns set.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Fixed.

That said, Orange Jersey/Brown Pants is one of the better combos of this Browns set.

I don't think the "Cleveland" really adds value.  I already know it's the Cleveland Browns by looking at that plain orange helmet. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/6/2016 at 10:21 AM, WSU151 said:

I don't think the "Cleveland" really adds value.  I already know it's the Cleveland Browns by looking at that plain orange helmet. 

Having a giant "CLEVELAND" is extraneous, but something more subtle, like the size of "Browns" on the previous set, maybe a touch bigger and not a color that overpowers the numbers (orange on brown w/white numbers, orange on white w/brown numbers, brown on orange w/white numbers) could work. But that's just my $0.02.

Edited by DustDevil61
  • Like 1