Unpopular Opinions

spacer.png

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I would love for the oversized O'Brien trophy to come back in center court for the NBA Finals. Maybe it's because the opulence of the branding has been basically nonexistent for the past few years, but I feel like these special made courts (and the patches on the uniforms) adds to the importance of the event.

• Like 3

rAUPGPZ.png

1 hour ago, GrayJ12 said:

spacer.png

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I would love for the oversized O'Brien trophy to come back in center court for the NBA Finals. Maybe it's because the opulence of the branding has been basically nonexistent for the past few years, but I feel like these special made courts (and the patches on the uniforms) adds to the importance of the event.

They stripped putting decals on the courts because they were too slippery and players were getting injured. That’s partly why they switched to cgi logos (putting sponsors there being the other)

• Like 1

WFWS is just as bad as BFBS

Teams should start straying away from the use of white as a "light" uniform

If it is part of the team's color scheme, no problem

If not, then there should be nothing wrong with using something that ACTUALLY is part of the scheme - whether it's yellow, gray, cream, even light blue

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

4 hours ago, Ark said:

they make the hats more authentic

I don't understand this statement at all.  A company logo on a hat makes it "authentic"... even though the hat is being worn in a major league game?  Isn't that about as authentic as it gets?  

If anything, it takes away from it.  I'm watching the Phillies.  Their team is the product.  But I'm seeing someone else's logo on their cap.   There shouldn't be a totally unrelated logo interfering with the main product's logo, and it takes away some of the authenticity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Racing numbers with a leading 0 are bad and should not be used

NASCAR for instance has a field of 40 cars, there are 100 numbers from 0-99, and numbers don't get retired. So running out of numbers is not an excuse

Besides, it's unnatural. No one says "I have 03 cats" or "My daughter turns 08 next week"

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:26 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

even light blue

No. All-powder blue uniforms must be stopped.

• Dislike 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 5/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, Indigo said:

This is the best Broncos uniform in their history: spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's the best jersey they ever wore. Give me that with the Orange Crush helmets please and thank you.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

On 8/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

NASCAR for instance has a field of 40 cars, there are 100 numbers from 0-99, and numbers don't get retired. So running out of numbers is not an excuse

Besides, it's unnatural. No one says "I have 03 cats" or "My daughter turns 08 next week"

My dad was a racer and always used 0 when possible. A lot of guys who race on short tracks are in multiple leagues, which makes having a unique number difficult at times. We kept a set of temporary numbers he could affix to his zero when a more senior guy also had zero. 10, 20, 30, etc. were all quite common, so he'd often go 02, 03, etc. (00 and 01 were also pretty common... especially in the Dukes of Hazzard days).

I can't say I would have blamed him if he decided to make one of his temporary numbers his permanent one after a big win. Then when he made it to NASCAR (Indy in my dad's case) kept it to pay tribute to his roots. It's better than the alternative, which is affixing a letter (27x, 49y, etc.) which I've never liked.

Still, with 39 other competitors occupying 39 other numbers, that's still at most 61 numbers to choose from without having to resort to the doofy looking 01, 02 etc.

I could always "pay tribute" in another way, like replicating the paintjob or even just the car color or number font

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:54 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

The only “0#” that has ever worked in NASCAR

spacer.png

It only became egregious once other primary sponsorship got involved

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Still nope, sorry

If they really wanted that 7 they should've done all they could to acquire it, or settled with like 77 or 70 or just about anything else

What's funny is they probably wanted 7, but it belonged to Robby Gordon at the time, who was sponsored by Jim Bean. There was no way to acquire then, given it was sponsored by a Jack Daniels competitor. I do agree that they should've gone for 70 or 77, as while 77 was being run (part-time at this point I think) by Penske, 70 was open.

the user formerly known as cdclt

10 hours ago, MilSox said:

This is the best logo the Bucks have ever had. In fact I've realized I like it even more than the OG Bango. It has a 60s/70s vibe that's perfect for them and it's a shame they don't utilize it more.

spacer.png

I just get thrown off by how everything except the ball is straight lines. It's just jarring.

It does make a logical inclusion of blue, though. I don't care if you 'have to be from here' to know why it is where it is 🙂

• Like 1

It's where I sit.