Unpopular Opinions

39 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I just get thrown off by how everything except the ball is straight lines. It's just jarring.

It does make a logical inclusion of blue, though. I don't care if you 'have to be from here' to know why it is where it is 🙂

I'll agree, the ball is pretty unnecessary, but at least its off to the side and not egregious enough to take away from the overall look.

I normally don't like blue as part of the Bucks colors, but here it makes complete sense. If someone doesn't get it. Then open up any grade school US geography book and look up the Great Lakes.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 2:02 PM, CDCLT said:

What's funny is they probably wanted 7, but it belonged to Robby Gordon at the time, who was sponsored by Jim Bean. There was no way to acquire then, given it was sponsored by a Jack Daniels competitor. I do agree that they should've gone for 70 or 77, as while 77 was being run (part-time at this point I think) by Penske, 70 was open.

Nah 07 was better as it played off the “no. 7” that’s on the bottle

On 8/30/2023 at 11:27 PM, MilSox said:

This is the best logo the Bucks have ever had. In fact I've realized I like it even more than the OG Bango. It has a 60s/70s vibe that's perfect for them and it's a shame they don't utilize it more.

spacer.png

Logo is an insta-fail for the Bucks choosing blue over lime green 

6uXNWAo.png

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

The blue is an accurate depiction of the lakes and rivers on the borders of the state. As I said upthread, it's the reason why the blue is logical 

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The blue is an accurate depiction of the lakes and rivers on the borders of the state. As I said upthread, it's the reason why the blue is logical 

It belongs nowhere near that Bucks color scheme. They buried the blue inside the players armpits, so even the team knows it was forced.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

It belongs nowhere near that Bucks color scheme. They buried the blue inside the players armpits, so even the team knows it was forced.

My preference would be the Irish rainbow color scheme or the original green with red color scheme.  At least this use of blue "makes sense", even though there aren't deer of this color 😆

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

17 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I think it would look better with neon green. But the blue actually makes sense here, which is why I can accept it in spite of my general distaste for blue being part of their identity... one of the few things I don't like about their current look.

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Not sure if this is a truly unpopular opinion, but I don't like any option of red, Irish Rainbow, purple, blue, whatever. Green and cream for the Bucks. That's it.

I could go for this, except the NBA told the Bucks not to wear cream anymore because it's too close to the color of hardwood and messes with the virtual ads they put on the floor.

Yes, I think that's stupid too.

• Like 3

I do not like Ole Miss’s use of powder blue. They look best when they stick with navy blue helmets and gray pants.

I also don’t understand the obsession with that color around here in general. It’s a perfectly fine color but it’s use does not immediately make a uniform “good”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

It makes me sad that we never see basketball numbers above 50.

You have so much room to work with and you only choose a slim layer of it! I wanna see 73's 86's 59's 97's etc. all on the court. I think that'd look cool.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 12:38 AM, Germanshepherd said:

It makes me sad that we never see basketball numbers above 50.

You have so much room to work with and you only choose a slim layer of it! I wanna see 73's 86's 59's 97's etc. all on the court. I think that'd look cool.

I suspect most players like carrying over their HS and college numbers wherever possible. With the NCAA opening up eligibility for numbers over 55, I bet we'll see more high numbers in the NBA in the future.