2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Wasn't Derek Anderson's passer rating at one point worse then if he just threw incompletions?

That just comes with being under center for the Browns. Just ask Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, or any Cleveland quarterback before Anderson.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according to Jay Glazer, Matt Leinart is being shopped. No details on where or compensation yet

I still don't see how the Cardinals are choosing Anderson over Leinart, even with the preseason. I know Leinart hasn't outperformed Anderson, but Anderson hasn't looked that much better than Leinart. That's probably more of an indictment of Leinart than anything else, but this was supposed to be Leinart's team. According to him, he was told to believe as such and now he's being supplanted.

He started out of USC, got hurt, then got supplanted by a Hall of Famer, and now is being thrown under for Derek freaking Anderson?

Leinart's one year of starting was with Denis Green too. Whisenhunt has never really given him a chance. Even though I don't think the Cardinals were going anywhere again any time soon, I just don't see why Whisenhunt won't start the season with Leinart. I'd still say give him a shot.

When did that happen? If memory serves, Leinart was "supplanted" by Kurt Warner...wait, you actually meant Warner when you said a Hall of Famer. Good one. That's pretty funny.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

He shouldn't be, but he will be, because the Football Hall doesn't discriminate enough. Hall of Famers aren't supposed to fall off the planet for several years. Guy largely coasted on the Martz offense and the whole story of overcoming adversity and being an evangelical Christian hero to a swath of the Bible Belt.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

according to Jay Glazer, Matt Leinart is being shopped. No details on where or compensation yet

I still don't see how the Cardinals are choosing Anderson over Leinart, even with the preseason. I know Leinart hasn't outperformed Anderson, but Anderson hasn't looked that much better than Leinart. That's probably more of an indictment of Leinart than anything else, but this was supposed to be Leinart's team. According to him, he was told to believe as such and now he's being supplanted.

He started out of USC, got hurt, then got supplanted by a Hall of Famer, and now is being thrown under for Derek freaking Anderson?

Leinart's one year of starting was with Denis Green too. Whisenhunt has never really given him a chance. Even though I don't think the Cardinals were going anywhere again any time soon, I just don't see why Whisenhunt won't start the season with Leinart. I'd still say give him a shot.

You answered your own question on why. It seems that he still fails to lead the team or locker room. Players can sense that immediately. From a team which lost a league-high seven starters this off-season; 3 released, 2 traded, 1 retired, 1 free agent, something within the locker room is wrong and he could be seen as the scapegoat because he is the veteran QB is slated to make $2.485 million in 2010 and $7.36 million (+ $5.5 million roster bonus) in 2011.

Even Alex Smith restructured his rookie contract and reduced his base salary as a result of "not earning his keep" through performance and injury.

He shouldn't be, but he will be, because the Football Hall doesn't discriminate enough. Hall of Famers aren't supposed to fall off the planet for several years. Guy largely coasted on the Martz offense and the whole story of overcoming adversity and being an evangelical Christian hero to a swath of the Bible Belt.

Kurt Warner took two dormant teams to Super Bowls, won two NFL MVPs and a Super Bowl MVP and he has a fantastic story. If that does not say Hall of Fame I don't know what does. He had several great seasons and a decent career overall. I would agree a few years ago he fell off the earth he was not a HOFer, but what he did in Arizona was amazing and makes him an automatic choice to me.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From people i'm talking to Wisenhunt actually wants Max Hall and John Skelton for the future of the Cardinals as they would benefit with them most. Plus it's not all about performance, Leinart has been nothing but a cancer in the locker room and his attitude about being demoted has made it felt throughout the Cardinals locker room. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded to the Bills for a second round pick and a future first rounder. No matter what he's lost the trust of Wisenhunt and his team.

Kurt Warner took two dormant teams to Super Bowls, won two NFL MVPs and a Super Bowl MVP and he has a fantastic story. If that does not say Hall of Fame I don't know what does. He had several great seasons and a decent career overall. I would agree a few years ago he fell off the earth he was not a HOFer, but what he did in Arizona was amazing and makes him an automatic choice to me.

I'm pretty sure the Rams and Cardinals were playing football before Kurt Warner arrived. (It wasn't good football, but football nonetheless....)

When you say someone had a "decent career overall", that means that the player isn't worthy of being inducted into the Hall.

From people i'm talking to Wisenhunt actually wants Max Hall and John Skelton for the future of the Cardinals as they would benefit with them most. Plus it's not all about performance, Leinart has been nothing but a cancer in the locker room and his attitude about being demoted has made it felt throughout the Cardinals locker room. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded to the Bills for a second round pick and a future first rounder. No matter what he's lost the trust of Wisenhunt and his team.

Lol. Keep dreamin', bud. I'd be surprised if the Cards got anything higher than a 6th rounder for Leinart. The guy couldn't beat out Derek Anderson for starting job, 14:20 TD:INT career with a 70 QB rating. Add to that his delusions that he deserves to start wherever he lands, his value can't get any lower.

I'd rather stick with Trent for a year.

I'm pretty sure the Rams and Cardinals were playing football before Kurt Warner arrived. (It wasn't good football, but football nonetheless....)

But when was the last time the Rams did anything worth mentioning before Warner led them to a Super Bowl win? Hell, we all know the Cardinals hadn't done :censored: in about 4 or 5 decades until Warner got there and helped them get to a Super Bowl. And when he did that, he was supposed to have been over the hill! I mean, he definitely has the accomplishments. Tank already mentioned the two MVPs (one of only a handful to do that, which would put him in the same conversation as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, all QBs that are either in the HoF or going to the HoF), Super Bowl MVP, 2 Super Bowl appearances & he's definitely got the stats. Aside from the end of his St. Louis & New York tenures, that's HoF caliber.

Β 

Β 

Lol. Keep dreamin', bud. I'd be surprised if the Cards got anything higher than a 6th rounder for Leinart. The guy couldn't beat out Derek Anderson for starting job, 14:20 TD:INT career with a 70 QB rating. Add to that his delusions that he deserves to start wherever he lands, his value can't get any lower.

I'd rather stick with Trent for a year.

I'm hearing from Mike Jurecki who is close to the Cardinals, one of his sources are saying that the Bills and Cardinals are working a trade for a second round pick in the 2011 draft and possibly a first rounder in 2012. Reason why I said I wouldn't be surprised.

Flame, Warner was in 3 Super Bowls

Put quite simply, Leinart SUX. (Not that DA's much better, though.) I don't feel like digging back to find a five-year old thread, but when he came out of college, I remarked then Leinart would be a career back-up at best. Dude was way too coddled at USC, got spoiled, and felt entitled. All that showed up when he got drafted--and pretty much traded studying playbooks for studying boobs at AZ State. His work ethic sucks, he's been given plenty chances to win the starting job. True, he had a run of back luck with the injuries, but he's been given chances. He hasn't produced. So if the Cardinals cut him loose, I don't think much of Cardinal nation will miss him. (And his crybaby buttsore remarks about this whole thing isn't helping him one bit.)

From preseason starter to possibly out of work before the season opener... When was the last time THAT happened to an NFL starting quarterback? :lol:

Byron Leftwich with Jacksonville, I believe...

Correct you are, Hedley. I wanna say it was the 2007 season, the same season in which the Jags beat the Steelers in the wild-card round in Pittsburgh. Funny thing is pretty much everyone around Jacksonville (and one distant fan in Pittsburgh) saw it coming well in advance.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Put quite simply, Leinart SUX. (Not that DA's much better, though.) I don't feel like digging back to find a five-year old thread, but when he came out of college, I remarked then Leinart would be a career back-up at best. Dude was way too coddled at USC, got spoiled, and felt entitled. All that showed up when he got drafted--and pretty much traded studying books and studying boobs at AZ State. His work ethic sucks, he's been given plenty chances to win the starting job. True, he had a run of back luck with the injuries, but he's been given chances. He hasn't produced. So if the Cardinals cut him loose, I don't think much of Cardinal nation will miss him. (And his crybaby buttsore remarks about this whole thing isn't helping him one bit.)

To be fair, this is a must for any male student at Arizona State

True enough...difference being, those male students ain't Arizona Cardinals quarterbacks.

Not since Jake Plummer, anyway. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

True enough...difference being, those male students ain't Arizona Cardinals quarterbacks.

Not since Jake Plummer, anyway. :P

First - Gary, this is actually required at orientation, followed by a 5-hour in-the-field course. It's rough, but it boosts the GPA (among other things).

Second - Buc - Hey hey hey now, who says I can't walk into Cardinals camp and beat out Derek Anderson? :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded to the Bills for a second round pick and a future first rounder.

I would be floored if ANY TEAM hands over a second AND first pick to get 'Party Boy'. He's obviously lacking talent and has a terrible work ethic. I know there are a few teams out there who consider taking a shot at him (Bills, Seahawks, 49ers), but not for anything more than a 2nd rounder. Nothing more.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived