2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Gary will still tell you that Matt Leinart isn't a bust. tongue.gif

Sorry but i'm not going to drink the Will Morris Kool-Aid, i've had more frustration from watching him man the offense in the pre-season than I have all last year and 08', have I mentioned i'm a Lions fan? Derek Anderson will not be the answer either, I have a feeling when the Cardinals are 2-6, Skelton or Max Hall will be named starter.

Heard a couple of media reports at lunch saying Minnesota has traded for Dolphin WR Greg Camarillo.

Yeah looks like it was for Benny Sapp.

So in the past 48 Hours the Vikes have added Favre's former go to guy in Javon Walker and Greg Camarillo who is solid.

Is he? Just because he caught the ball in OT to give your team its lone win in 2007 and passed Ted Ginn, Jr. on the depth chart does not make you solid.

The Dolphins will have to be looking at the waiver wire to find more opposite Marshall. Brian Hartline and Davone Bess and 2009 third-round pick Patrick Turner are all they have outside of street free agents and practice squad guys.

I think 50+ catches in each of the last two seasons in an offense based on a gimmicky running game makes him solid. Not great... solid.

NFL trades are rare. Only problem NFL players get traded, not just "solid" guys. There is something that we do not know or he Miami has no real need for him.

Sorry but i'm not going to drink the Will Morris Kool-Aid, i've had more frustration from watching him man the offense in the pre-season than I have all last year and 08', have I mentioned i'm a Lions fan? Derek Anderson will not be the answer either, I have a feeling when the Cardinals are 2-6, Skelton or Max Hall will be named starter.

But he has gotten "tougher" since he has gotten MMA training from Jay Glazer. The fact that he stayed at USC for a senior season indicated that he liked the spotlight and fame more than playing the game itself. Also remember that Dennis Green had Leinert as the starter in the '06 season and got pulled. He has had many chances to win the job.

But he has gotten "tougher" since he has gotten MMA training from Jay Glazer. The fact that he stayed at USC for a senior season indicated that he liked the spotlight and fame more than playing the game itself. Also remember that Dennis Green had Leinert as the starter in the '06 season and got pulled. He has had many chances to win the job.

If by "got pulled," you mean "broke his collarbone." Then yeah.

Leinart broke his collarbone, sat out the rest of the year, and then Warner outplayed him in the following training camp/preseason.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I didn't know Bill Belicheck cared enough about the preseason to keep his starters in until they had a lead. Even if it meant playing into the 4th Quarter.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Peyton Manning is the number one hater of the new umpire rule. Funny thing is Bill Polian is on the competition committee that approved it.

Also I think Jim Caldwell will think again when keeping his starters in when he's getting blown out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah this umpire thing is getting to be quite the irritant tonight. Especially because I can tell Peyton is purposefully trying to push the envelope on it, and he's getting caught on it. That's frustrating him and he's making some bad decisions.

The Colts were looking great early on, until this whole umpire fiasco, the turnovers, and then Addai getting decked.

Oh well. The Colts always lose in the preseason. Not a big deal.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If by "got pulled," you mean "broke his collarbone." Then yeah.

Leinart broke his collarbone, sat out the rest of the year, and then Warner outplayed him in the following training camp/preseason.

So he lost his job to injury and never got it back. That's very hard to do even as a NFL QB. He had a sense of entitlement and still has the initial contract money. I doubt that the Cardinals will resign him, so will Pete Carroll take a chance on him?

This is somewhat old news but I don't think it has been covered. The Jaguars sold their naming rights of the stadium. Jacksonville Municipal Stadium will be known as Everbank Field. It is currently a five year deal and Everbank let it be known that they want to keep the name for many years to come. This, combined with a no blackout season, is making the Jaguars future in Jax look better and better.

I'm sure Alltel wanted to keep the rights for many years too.

And have they officially announced all the games are sold out, or is this rather baseless optimism?

It is optimism but I wouldn't call it baseless. Weaver has announced that the first five games will sell out. The last three(Browns, Raiders, and Redskins)are up in the air.

LINK

This is somewhat old news but I don't think it has been covered. The Jaguars sold their naming rights of the stadium. Jacksonville Municipal Stadium will be known as Everbank Field. It is currently a five year deal and Everbank let it be known that they want to keep the name for many years to come. This, combined with a no blackout season, is making the Jaguars future in Jax look better and better.

I'm sure Alltel wanted to keep the rights for many years too.

And have they officially announced all the games are sold out, or is this rather baseless optimism?

It is optimism but I wouldn't call it baseless. Weaver has announced that the first five games will sell out. The last three(Browns, Raiders, and Redskins)are up in the air.

LINK

But the city gave back their money.

I didn't know Bill Belicheck cared enough about the preseason to keep his starters in until they had a lead. Even if it meant playing into the 4th Quarter.

Look at the Patriots offense's first half stats and you'll see why the starters came out for the second half.

The fact they played into the 4th quarter is a bit mis-leading, because of the Rams' nearly 10-minute drive to start the half. I think the Pats starters only played for 2 possessions in the second half.

Anybody see ESPN the Magazine's "predictions"? They apparently used 100,000 simulations, and wow they are awful. Niners, Cowboys, and Texans are apparently supposed to be last, and KC wins the West. Last year they had the Rams 8-8 and we know how that turned out.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm pretty sure I haven't made any picks yet, but here goes

AFC

North:Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Browns

East: Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, Bills

South: Colts, Texans, Titans, Jaguars

West: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Broncos

NFC

North: Packers, Vikings, Bears, Lions

East: Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Giants