2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

/Enjoy your ruined franchise Niners fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

122810-idle-rich-400.jpg

For what it's worth, Vick was wearing a "pocket jersey" today - but not one with just the pocket slits cut out - it looks almost like a roll sewn on. Not sure if this is special or anything, just thought I'd share. Now going back to attempting to give oral to myself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As for offensive players of the week- Palmer likely will get the AFC honor, but as for the NFC- Rodgers or Freeman?

Give it to them both. Rodgers had a career day cutting the Giants secondary with surgical like precision (don't mind the homerism) and Freeman is looking like the best QB of the 2009 draft.

Didn't they just split the Special Team's POW 3 ways last week including a back up offensive lineman?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I know Will is viewed by many as the "village idiot", but dude has gotta be smarter than to throw around a comment like that around here. "C'mon Man!"

He's gotten away with so much for so long that he figures he can say whatever he wants. Will's game all along has been post something incredibly stupid, get a reaction, rinse, repeat. My guess is he's really pleased with himself right now and that says more about him than any of his moronic football posts ever could.

So what do you (you all) get by pointing out this stupidity every single time? If you (all) think "thugs" to him means what you think it means to him, why glorify it through quotes and rebuttals and declarations of the R word? By doing so, you're only perpetuating this sacrilegious sentiment. I have never, ever seen Will respond directly to any of the name-calling or bashing he has received here, so if you think he will gain sanity from repeated announcements of how much lower he is than you on the competence scale by discretely telling him to "stop posting," he won't. "Don't feed the trolls" is a lazy response, but seriously, you're feeding him and he's not changing.

Edit: I get that maybe it's all a joke and Will is just a harmless punching bag to everyone, but breathlessly calling for some form of banishment after every post he makes is just hypocritical. Only one side of this little scrum has enough self control to never take the bait, and it's not the side with more people on it.

I know Will is viewed by many as the "village idiot", but dude has gotta be smarter than to throw around a comment like that around here. "C'mon Man!"

He's gotten away with so much for so long that he figures he can say whatever he wants. Will's game all along has been post something incredibly stupid, get a reaction, rinse, repeat. My guess is he's really pleased with himself right now and that says more about him than any of his moronic football posts ever could.

So what do you (you all) get by pointing out this stupidity every single time? If you (all) think "thugs" to him means what you think it means to him, why glorify it through quotes and rebuttals and declarations of the R word? By doing so, you're only perpetuating this sacrilegious sentiment. I have never, ever seen Will respond directly to any of the name-calling or bashing he has received here, so if you think he will gain sanity from repeated announcements of how much lower he is than you on the competence scale by discretely telling him to "stop posting," he won't. "Don't feed the trolls" is a lazy response, but seriously, you're feeding him and he's not changing.

Edit: I get that maybe it's all a joke and Will is just a harmless punching bag to everyone, but breathlessly calling for some form of banishment after every post he makes is just hypocritical. Only one side of this little scrum has enough self control to never take the bait, and it's not the side with more people on it.

THIS IS PERSONAL NOW!!!!!!1

So after injuring himself on the first play of the game and limping off the field at the end, Michael Vick is apparently barely able to walk today and will almost certainly be inactive for this Sunday's meaningless game vs Dallas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So I guess all you willmorris defenders missed when he counted the number of black players on the Pro Bowl team and used that as his number of "thugs"? Methinks that wasn't sarcasm.

Let's not start rewarding an idiot who doesn't talk back, because we'll start to lose sight of the fact that he's still an idiot.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Do the math in Will's post genius. No one is assuming what he meant by thugs. He's pretty clear about it.

EDIT: Or just read the post by Lights Out above this one. (Sorry Lights Out. In my rush to reply I didn't see you had already addressed this.)

BB52Big.jpg

So I guess all you willmorris defenders missed when he counted the number of black players on the Pro Bowl team and used that as his number of "thugs"? Methinks that wasn't sarcasm.

Let's not start rewarding an idiot who doesn't talk back, because we'll start to lose sight of the fact that he's still an idiot.

Do the math in Will's post genius. No one is assuming what he meant by thugs. He's pretty clear about it.

That's my entire point though. Of course it means black players (unless there's something very obscure that we're all missing.) I'm not going to defend him, because I have no idea what is really going on in his head. All I'm going to do is show how I interpret it, which is as a way to get everyone riled up that someone is calling black players thugs, when it's something that 99% of the time goes by here unchecked. If anything he's bringing attention to the racism that exists on these boards. How high of a level of racism can be debated, but that's not the point here. You have to understand that he doesn't post as a "person". Is that right or wrong or annoying? Maybe. Not to me though. I'm open to the possibility of being wrong here.

Also, Lights Out - if there was a "year end award show" for this board like there is for everything else, you'd probably be a finalist for "Most Annoying Poster of the Year (non child / homeschooled inbread division)" so I wouldn't instruct anyone to stop posting.

That's my entire point though. Of course it means black players (unless there's something very obscure that we're all missing.) I'm not going to defend him, because I have no idea what is really going on in his head. All I'm going to do is show how I interpret it, which is as a way to get everyone riled up that someone is calling black players thugs, when it's something that 99% of the time goes by here unchecked. If anything he's bringing attention to the racism that exists on these boards. How high of a level of racism can be debated, but that's not the point here. You have to understand that he doesn't post as a "person". Is that right or wrong or annoying? Maybe. Not to me though. I'm open to the possibility of being wrong here.

Also, Lights Out - if there was a "year end award show" for this board like there is for everything else, you'd probably be a finalist for "Most Annoying Poster of the Year (non child / homeschooled inbread division)" so I wouldn't instruct anyone to stop posting.

PWNED, also it doesnt really matter but I agree.

Genius idea. (see what I mean about your contrasts? :D ) I'm starting a thread and the first category is going to be "Most Annoying Poster of the Year (non child / homeschooled inbread division)"

BB52Big.jpg

Genius idea. (see what I mean about your contrasts? :D ) I'm starting a thread and the first category is going to be "Most Annoying Poster of the Year (non child / homeschooled inbread division)"

Nah, those threads always end horribly (generally in the graveyard.)

"Inbread"? Is that white, rye, or pumpernickel? :P

pannynickel.

Nah, those threads always end horribly (generally in the graveyard.)

Yeah, you're probably right. It would end up as page after page of bashing each other. We already have threads for that...pretty much all of them. Still, "Most Annoying Poster of the Year (non child / homeschooled inbread division)" is sheer poetry. It's a shame to waste it.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow, the Bears were really lucky how this all unfolded. The Lions upsetting the Packers lets them wrap up the division in week 15, the Eagles' miracle comeback keeps them in the lead for the #2 seed last week, and now the Vikings' (lead by a future WR) upset of the Eagles has given the Bears the 2 seed. With the way things are going, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Bucs beat the Saints and the Panthers somehow upset the Falcons to give the Bears the 1.

Seriously, though, the Giants have no business being in the playoffs after these past two weeks, but their chances are all but dead considering the Bears have nothing to play for against the Packers on Sunday.

You say lucky, I say 11-4 and in complete control of the division. And they absolutely have something to play for this week. I can all but guarantee that the Bears treat the game like it means everything. They should, and probably will never take a game off against the packers.

They have certainly played well for much of the year, but were lucky with how things unfolded. For example, if the Giants would have won the last two (and it looks like they gave up after that Eagles loss) they would have had the 2 seed because they beat the Bears head-to-head. If the Lions didn't beat the Packers, the division would still be on the line this Sunday.

In terms of resting players, I imagine the Bears will play their starters for the entire first half because they have to get a little work in with the bye week coming up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think it's one thing to call a guy with a criminal record a "thug" even if you're using the word "thug" just because he's black -- I mean, just because a different word may be used, doesn't mean we don't think just as lowly of white players who have done similar wrong-doing's. It's not a word you'll see me use, but I also don't automatically assume it's racist, just that it very easily can be and often is on this site. It becomes racist when you refer to someone as a thug just because they're black, in my opinion, which is what willmorris did. I guarantee he didn't look far enough into it to look at criminal records and then make that determination or that would be one hell of a coincidence. Just at first glance, I can name more than 12 per team that I have no recollection of having any sort of issues off of the field that would justify willmorris' opinion.

As far as Gingerbreadmann's argument, and willmorris' "never taking the bait"... it's pretty clear by now he's only here to throw out the bait. That makes him better?

And at this point, I don't think it's satire and I don't think his entire purpose is to take such a radical stance that it proves the opposing sides point... I think it's just trolling.

That's just my two cents, I guess.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived