Brett Favre To Return to Vikings

Punch

I think it's funny that so many of you spend so much time complaining about ESPN, yet still watch it. I avoid ESPN and sports radio, and this Bret Favre story has only affected me -- in any tangible way -- when visiting this thread.

If you don't like their coverage, vote with your remote.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, true, ESPN has basically hopped into bed with a select number of athletes. Favre, LeBron, A-Roid, Tiger, Peyton - they can all basically shut down the network at will. Never mind.

On a side note, does anybody else find it sickening that ESPN has started cutting away from their baseball games to show A-Roid's at-bats in the hopes that he'll finally hit #600*?

Right now ESPN is stuck on two things that no one but ESPN gives a flying :censored: about; A-Rod's 600th and Brett Favre. In other words, it's a typical day in Bristol.

I believe I'm able to tolerate the Favre's broken record more than A-Rod's quest for #600*. Yeah. Let's all get our knees and praise a proven cheater as he goes after a milestone that doesn't mean squat anymore. We all remember Bonds, and nobody outside of Northern California or Bristol gave a flying :censored: -- so what makes A-Rod any different?

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah, true, ESPN has basically hopped into bed with a select number of athletes. Favre, LeBron, A-Roid, Tiger, Peyton - they can all basically shut down the network at will. Never mind.

On a side note, does anybody else find it sickening that ESPN has started cutting away from their baseball games to show A-Roid's at-bats in the hopes that he'll finally hit #600*?

Right now ESPN is stuck on two things that no one but ESPN gives a flying :censored: about; A-Rod's 600th and Brett Favre. In other words, it's a typical day in Bristol.

I believe I'm able to tolerate the Favre's broken record more than A-Rod's quest for #600*. Yeah. Let's all get our knees and praise a proven cheater as he goes after a milestone that doesn't mean squat anymore. We all remember Bonds, and nobody outside of Northern California or Bristol gave a flying :censored: -- so what makes A-Rod any different?

I agree even living in New York i hardly hear about this all that much. You get the occasional report, but no major disscusions

If Favre does indeed retire, the Cowboys instantly become the 3rd best team in the league, and 2nd best in the NFC (behind only the Saints in the NFC, and Colts in AFC.) As much as I love watching him play, I'd rather have him watching the NFL on his couch with the rest of America.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - Dodgers LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Not that I've had a chance to tune into 'The Leader' since news of the O Holy One broke, but I can surely believe that they've once again converted back to...

espn4.gif

This Favre thing is unbelievable. I have Sirius/XM Radio. On my way to and from work today, with the exception on the MLB channel (they were carrying a live game) every sports station on the satellite was talking about Favre; including Sirius-NASCAR radio. Even better? The host on each station, with the exception of Sirius-NASCAR, said some variation of "We know you're all sick of hearing about Brett Favre and we're sick of talking about him." Better yet? None of them, with the exception of Sirius-NASCAR, at any point stopped talking about Favre. Best of all, one radio network, I'll give you one guess who it was, (*cough...see Curty's picture...cough*) actually preempted "regular programming" for a "special edition" of their signature show so they could focus on the Favre story.

Here's my question. They all know we're sick of hearing about Favre. They all claim to be sick of talking about Favre. If that's really the case then why not relegate the Favre story to the scores and updates portions of their shows and not waste hour upon hour talking about it? I know that's a lot to ask of ESPN but you'd think the rest of the sports radio universe would know that all they're doing is driving people crazy. God help me, I actually listened to Jackie Martling's "Joke Hunt" just so I could escape the "Favre Fellatio Fest."

I had another thought on this. At first glance, Favre's annual retirement makes him look like an egomaniac. What if he just gets a kick out of making ESPN look stupid every season? What if it's all just Favre :censored:-ing with the media for kicks? That I could respect.

My thoughts exactly. ESPN, Steve Wyche, Minneapolis Star-Tribune just love firing this shi* up.

I'm sorry. I know you're a fan of the guy, but at a certain point the blame has to fall on His Farveness. He's done this same song and dance how many years in a row now? He's an attention craved old man who uses a media persona of doing it "for the love of the game" to justify his selfish motives season in and season out.

How many times are have teams been held hostage by his "will I or won't I" routine? How many more times will this happen? BBTV listed three separate entities this man has screwed over just this off season.

Go away Brett. We're all sick of hearing about you. And if last season was any indication it's that you can't get it done when faced with any sort of real challenge. You lost to the Matt Moore-led Panthers for crying out loud.

IIRC, he's been mentioning retirement every offseason since 2003. At some point, it has to stop. Hopefully, he'll really stay away the entire season and there will be a work stoppage in 2011. In 2012, the world will end anyway, so no more Brat Favre stuff after that. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

IIRC, he's been mentioning retirement every offseason since 2003. At some point, it has to stop. Hopefully, he'll really stay away the entire season and there will be a work stoppage in 2011. In 2012, the world will end anyway, so no more Brat Favre stuff after that. :P

Here's hoping :D

I think it's funny that so many of you spend so much time complaining about ESPN, yet still watch it. I avoid ESPN and sports radio, and this Bret Favre story has only affected me -- in any tangible way -- when visiting this thread.

Right with ya. The only time I'm watching ESPN is if they're carrying a game that interests me. I never willingly watch any of their filler product, and also steer clear of their website. There are plenty of other fine internet resources for sports news and information that have less clutter and bombast than the World Wide Leader.

That said, I do use their "ScoreCenter" app on my Droid, because it's pretty clean and nifty. It also isn't FavreFavreFavre.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Right with ya. The only time I'm watching ESPN is if they're carrying a game that interests me. I never willingly watch any of their filler product, and also steer clear of their website. There are plenty of other fine internet resources for sports news and information that have less clutter and bombast than the World Wide Leader.

That said, I do use their "ScoreCenter" app on my Droid, because it's pretty clean and nifty. It also isn't FavreFavreFavre.

Here is the best part of ESPN; to continue to read their articles by their "experts", you have to be an insider, which I guess costs some sort of fee even though you can acquire the same information that you would have read through many different means. It's as if ESPN thinks their the only thing out there or some whacked out :censored: . And yeah, ESPN sucks, but they know their market (idiots) and milk it like hell, so they aren't completely stupid. But they're still pretty stupid, so I ignore them.

Right now ESPN is stuck on two things that no one but ESPN gives a flying :censored: about

You're flat-out wrong. The public is eating this up, even if it's only to complain about it.

There's a reason that every sports media outlet in the country (not just ESPN) is all over this story. These aren't stupid people. They're giving the audience what it wants.

I think the whole thing is sad and pathetic, and I'm very glad that my Packers finally told him that they were no longer interested in enabling him. But put all blame for the incessant coverage where it belongs - on the general public with the insatiable appetite for it.

Link

Brett Favre just told ESPN's Ed Werder that he didn't send any text messages and that if he's healthy he will play.

As usual, someone jumped the gun. Either that, or someone at ESPN just made some :censored: up on a slow news day.

Link

Brett Favre just told ESPN's Ed Werder that he didn't send any text messages and that if he's healthy he will play.

As usual, someone jumped the gun. Either that, or someone at ESPN just made some :censored: up on a slow news day.

Or Brett Favre was upset that LeBron was getting more attention for his decision.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I like ESPN Radio. There. I said it. I feel better for it. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Maybe I should count not having a TV a blessing at this point. Watch him end up leaving the Vikings and head to, say...the Falcons, Jags, or Buccaneers. Just a hunch.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't see him going to Atlanta or Tampa, because he'd just serve to stunt Matt Ryan's or Josh Freeman's development. Jacksonville, though, would probably be a suitor if he doesn't go back to the Vikings, simply because the Jaguars organization is desperate and needs to sell tickets.

Or he'll go to Buffalo because he'll decide that he "really just wants to beat the Jets so they can see what they've been missing." :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I can't see him going to Atlanta or Tampa, because he'd just serve to stunt Matt Ryan's or Josh Freeman's development. Jacksonville, though, would probably be a suitor if he doesn't go back to the Vikings, simply because the Jaguars organization is desperate and needs to sell tickets.

Or he'll go to Buffalo because he'll decide that he "really just wants to beat the Jets so they can see what they've been missing." :rolleyes:

Apparently, at least one member of the Jets organization saw plenty of Brett during his time there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived