2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

If he doesn't get hammered with a big suspension, I don't know what it would take. That is as blatant of a hit as I have ever seen. At least Chara's recent hit was disputable. This is night and day.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Matt Cooke aware that these games are televised? We can see you, moron.

It's apparent he hasn't learned his lesson, the rest of the season is an appropriate response.

It's also apparent that Matt Cooke is an all around douche in general. Anyone catch him cutting the laces of the Coyotes players in the locker room on 24/7?

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's also apparent that Matt Cooke is an all around douche in general. Anyone catch him cutting the laces of the Coyotes players in the locker room on 24/7?

You are reading that completely wrong, hockey players do that kind of stuff to each other all the time.

Didn't you see the Sports Illustrated article? Cooke is a great guy off the ice, he's only a dangerous idiot ON it.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Yeah, cutting the laces and shoving bubblegum in the gloves, its amazing he wasnt suspended for that alone.

Based on nothing, which as we all know, is how all NHL disciplinary decisions are made, I say Cooke gets 2 games.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just thought I'd throw this in; I just got back from Nationwide Arena where I watched the Devils beat the Jackets 3-0. I hadn't been to a hockey game in about 5 years.

Now you can say you have seen the best goalie ever get a shutout.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not a hockey fan but since this is the umpteenth complaint I've heard about the guy, I've gotta ask: is Matt Cooke the Bruce Bowen of hockey, or what? I guess the guy is insecure about his own skills and feels the need to injure the other team's best player to compensate.

For a guy that plays a 3rd / 4th line role, hes got a few hundred career points, so at least brings some skill to the rink, aside from the stupid penalties.

Mario Lemieux said after the Penguins-Islanders brawl that he had enough with the dirty plays. Now he has a chance to do something about it and cut Cooke.

If Lemieux doesn't indefinitely suspend Cooke and just let him sit in the wind until sometime next year, then I think Bettman and the NHL need to ban Cooke and suspend Lemieux indefinitely for being the biggest hypocrite ever.

Crazy weekend for the Ducks.

Yesterday in LA, they go up 1-0 early. Kings tie it up 1-1. And Corey Perry blasts his first OT winner of his career for the 2-1 win.

Tonight in Anaheim, they go up 3-0 in the first 5 minutes and chase Kipprusoff. They go absolutely dead for the next 45 minutes or so and the Flames take a 4-3 lead. Who else but Teemu Selanne ties it up late. Bobby Ryan draws another overtime penalty shot that gets gloved. And on the ensuing faceoff, Corey Perry deflects his second career OT winner for the win.

Ducks have pulled back into 8th for now, but they are almost committed to killing the fans on a nightly basis. Crazy. Now they go to Dallas on Wednesday, and they are currently tied with the Stars at 85 points. The stretch is already becoming absolutely insane.

Another interesting note from tonight's game. With the loss, the Flames have not won in Anaheim since 2004, and only have one win there since 1999. That is an incredible run of games in the Pond.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, yeah I've heard it all :P

On to the Staples Center to try and save our season, The point is pretty big though but Chicago and Nashville winning really sucks!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah, yeah I've heard it all :P

On to the Staples Center to try and save our season, The point is pretty big though but Chicago and Nashville winning really sucks!

Chicago's and the 3-point game in Anaheim pulled the West even tighter. From 4-9 it's a 4 point difference. From 5-9 it's a one point difference. And Calgary in 10th is only 5 and 2 out of each respective spot (although with the least amount of games left).

And now everyone is playing everyone and for the most part its intradivision games. This is finally going to separate here soon, but with all the 3-point games, it might not either.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Flames remaining schedule.

@ Los Angeles

@ San Jose

@ Edmonton

vs. Anaheim

@ St Louis

@ Colorado

vs. Edmonton

vs. Vancouver

If we can at least escape California with 3 more points then I'll say it may look good for the Flames. Next week's rematch back at the Dome against the Ducks is looking like the be all end all.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived