2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

My TV is lucky I cannot afford another one, or this Caps team would cause me to bash in my TV screen.

Do yourself a favor and just be a Leafs fan. They are so bad, that you won't want to watch them.

My dad has more fun watching the Maple Leafs than the Islanders these days (the Leafs are his second favorite team thanks to the magic of NHL Center Ice). I'm not too sure why :P

Your dad must be a masochist, let me guess, hes a Jets fan too right? :D

Nah he's not much of a football guy. He pretty much roots for whatever New York team when he watches football (granted I like the Giants in addition to the Jets too) and baseball, though he wants the Yankees to advance to the World Series every year to increase his interest so he has someone to root against. Don't ask me about that one

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moral victories blow.

A lot of talk around the 403, That if the Flames did end up losing tonight. One of the Sutter brothers wouldn't have work when the BJ's roll into town on Monday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

My TV is lucky I cannot afford another one, or this Caps team would cause me to bash in my TV screen.

Do yourself a favor and just be a Leafs fan. They are so bad, that you won't want to watch them.

hehe waffles

Hey don't insult one of our most esteemed members here... now enough about Don...

I saw, I came, I left.

409, Row G. I'll be wearing my Backstrom sitting with my wife wearing her Avs Duchene jersey.

Very nice. I anticipate more than a handful of Avs fans going to the game?

No idea, but I know the Avs do draw fairly well when here. I dont mind taking my wife, we'll argue during the game, depending on the score I may be on the couch (I dont anticipate that being a problem tonight).

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

409, Row G. I'll be wearing my Backstrom sitting with my wife wearing her Avs Duchene jersey.

Very nice. I anticipate more than a handful of Avs fans going to the game?

No idea, but I know the Avs do draw fairly well when here. I dont mind taking my wife, we'll argue during the game, depending on the score I may be on the couch (I dont anticipate that being a problem tonight).

Watch Flash get the game winner in regulation, overtime, or the shootout for the Avs.

I love how Nordiques fans are going to Islanders and Thrashers games in masses to show the NHL they want a team in Quebec City. Beautiful in its simplicity.

If they wanted a team, they'd build that arena.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh I hate complaining about referees but that first period of the Montreal-Toronto game, was possibly the worst called period of hockey I've ever seen. Not to say Toronto doesnt deserve its 2 goal lead, cause they do. But how does Armstrong not get a misconduct for chasing down Spacek?

1zqy8ok.gif

I love how Nordiques fans are going to Islanders and Thrashers games in masses to show the NHL they want a team in Quebec City. Beautiful in its simplicity.

Ask and it will be built.

I've worked at every Islander home game so far this season and today was the loudest I've heard it all year, including the games against the Rangers. Well done and good luck, Nordiques Nation.

I've worked at every Islander home game so far this season and today was the loudest I've heard it all year, including the games against the Rangers. Well done and good luck, Nordiques Nation.

Unless all those Nordique fans have $1 million, there won't be any NHL hockey in Quebec City. I just don't see the Quebec government giving any money to an arena and that is the only way that they are going to get an arena built, an owner who gets half of the arena built by the government. I don't see it happening in Quebec. So unless there are 100 or so millionare Quebec Nordique fans, and they want to donate money to the building of an arena, I just don't see NHL hockey in Quebec City.

Unless all those Nordique fans have $1 million, there won't be any NHL hockey in Quebec City. I just don't see the Quebec government giving any money to an arena and that is the only way that they are going to get an arena built, an owner who gets half of the arena built by the government. I don't see it happening in Quebec. So unless there are 100 or so millionare Quebec Nordique fans, and they want to donate money to the building of an arena, I just don't see NHL hockey in Quebec City.

Don't underestimate the Federal government's desire to buy Quebec votes.

Archived