MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants are halfway to a title.

It is not the first to two, it is the first to four.

Ron Washington speaks.

Which is why I said HALF way. 2 out of the necessary 4. 2/4 = 1/2. A Half.

Another reason to never talk about halves.

On radio, Giants fans are talking about how their lineup can be be changed with game 4, and Rangers fans are talking about starting Lewis in game 7. The greatness of the internet and DirecTV.

Pat Burrell certainly earned a trip to the bench. There was a great chance in the first inning, and he struck out. And then struck out every other at bat. Schierholtz is always his defensive replacement anyway, and has been hitting, too.

George W. Bush throws out the ceremonial first pitch. Even if he didn't have ties to the Rangers franchise, it's pretty much a lock that the Giants, for obvious reasons, would never have invited that particular person for the first pitch or any other pregame ceremony.

And Ron Washington has his very own Mini-Me for Halloween. How cute.

CCSLC signature.png

George W. Bush throws out the ceremonial first pitch. Even if he didn't have ties to the Rangers franchise, it's pretty much a lock that the Giants, for obvious reasons, would never have invited that particular person for the first pitch or any other pregame ceremony.

Why?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Why?

Because there aren't many people in San Francisco that enjoyed the policies of Dubya.

Anyways, I hope the Rangers can pull this off.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah, I misread his statement.

I think Bush threw the first pitch more so because he is a former president residing in that state.

Well, it can't be a way to honor his period of team ownership because they'd rather forget that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

His ownership got them The Office Park That Thinks It's A Baseball Field on the taxpayer's dime, so it wasn't all bad.

Before Bush the Rangers were irrelevant, when he owned them he built a stadium that made the World Series possible.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived