2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll definitely feel bad if we beat Memphis

Haha, yeah right. You'll be doing the usual chest-thumping and bragging if Arizona beats Memphis.

Not really. I can't hate on a school coached by Josh Pastner.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Purdue with the 3 seed!

Playing at the United Center in Chicago!

I will be there!

BOILER UP!

(I can say this, I committed there two weeks ago)

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

My thoughts on the tournament field:

- The obvious "Why are UAB and VCU here?"

- I'm really surprised Utah State was a 12 seed. I expected a lot high for a Top 25 team.

- The committee thought really highly of the Big Ten.

- Texas only got a 4, but Florida got a 2 seed.

- Then there were a few more times where it seemed one team was seeded high than a better team.

I'm really surprised that Illinois got a 9 seed too. When some of these bubble teams were getting in I started to get a little nervous. Then they come out with a 9 when pretty much everyone had them around 10-12. Hopefully they can beat UNLV and not get embarrassed by Kansas. This team is so hot and cold that they could even beat Kansas if they're on.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So I see that Colorado has become this year's "team that got screwed". Would've liked to have seen the Buffs in, since I've only witnessed it once before in my lifetime. I suppose CU's just gonna haveta dominate the Not In Tournament (NIT), instead.

6uXNWAo.png

So I see that Colorado has become this year's "team that got screwed". Would've liked to have seen the Buffs in, since I've only witnessed it once before in my lifetime. I suppose CU's just gonna haveta dominate the Not In Tournament (NIT), instead.

I'd actually say that either Alabama, Virginia Tech, or St. Mary's has that dubious distinction. (Though Mississippi State not going to ANY postseason ranks up there too)

bYhYmxh.png

Everyone in the Pool

Get in the action now:

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=56012

Group: CCSLC Tourney Pool

Password: logos

Does anyone mind if I start a whole thread for this so it gets more traffic and more people join?

edit: another group was created on the SiG boards and now we have two groups running concurrently. Way to go, Tank.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'll definitely feel bad if we beat Memphis

Haha, yeah right. You'll be doing the usual chest-thumping and bragging if Arizona beats Memphis.

Not really. I can't hate on a school coached by Josh Pastner.

Word. He has already proven himself to be an excellent D1 coach...even if the UofA loses (doubt they will), it shows what Wildcat fans have know for a long time...Pastner is a great coach and is destined for some great things.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'll probably be at the Cincinnati vs. Missouri game in Chinatown on Thursday, and at the Conncecticut vs. Bucknell game before it. Can't wait; I hope we don't lose to a team that might not even deserve to be in the tournament. And if Bucknell somehow beats UConn... Actually, that would be bad; I have UConn all the way on my bracket...

25yzwqg.png

As a general rule, allow me to be among the first to say this year:

No one cares about your bracket.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This is cool, though they should've left the seed and RPI off the description. That makes it a lot easier to guess who is who. It had me taking Florida to beat San Diego State in the final.

Yeah this was quite entertaining.

But the farthest I had a lowest seed going was Penn State and they lost in the Sweet Sixteen. Final Four was UNC v UConn and Pitt v ND, National Championship was UNC v Notre Dame and the Irish cutting down the nets.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived