EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

i love all of the logos and jerseys you are creating here but i was just wondering what template you are using to make the courts

Thanks! The template is one I downloaded from this site in the TEMPLATE section 2 or 3 years ago. I can't remember who posted it, but had to make the hardwood patterns myself to make the courts more real-looking.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this, but gold should be minimized on the court and there should be a navy pinstriped alt that says Louisville on it.

Here is the blue alt saying Louisville.

Jahgee, I tried blue pinstripes but it didnt look as nice as gray in my mind because it meant flip-flopping all the other blue and gray on the jersey, and gray works a nice buffer between the orange and blue.

And I threw in another oblong ball logo, MC2, just so that idea with the motion isnt completely abandoned although it doesnt appear on the jerseys or court.

RACERS_jersey-1.gif

The next team is the Long Island Claws. There used to be an ABA teams called the Baltimore Claws so that is where the inspiration for the name came from. Long Island Sound has a big lobster fishing industry too from what I know. The logo is pretty basic. I tried a few different things and decided with it and decided simple was best. The jerseys are also pretty basic with the wordmark from the logo. Julius Erving is on the jersey and is from some small town on Long Island.

CLAWS-1.gif

CLAWS_jerseys.gif

Is it weird that I immediately thought of the Cavs?

e4701g88mmn7ehz2baynbs6e0.gif

Nope, it's not weird, I thought the same thing!

Nevertheless, everything looks very good as usual. I love the wordmark, and the unis are good. Nothing exciting, but not all of them need to be.

MONARCHS-1.gif

Gotta get rid of the top finger on the paw. I don't think any kind of cat would have five prominent fingers like that. It's really bugging me. Other than that, everything I've seen in this thread looks fantastic. You got some great skills man.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Nice job,will there bee an alternate soon for the claws?.

Nice spelling. :rolleyes: And, jaha, you perfected the Racers and the Claws are absolutely, 100% PERFECT! But I agree with griffinmarlins, (what?) I'd like to see a navy alt. But on the other hand, it might not be necessary considering a good portion of your teams use navy/blue. It's your call.

25yzwqg.png

i would like to see a full-bodied, Crab-like thing. That Claws wordmark is sexy, but I know you could pull of full-body logo

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Nice, classy look. Although I would like to see a blue alternate. I agree with you BB.

Here's a blue alt.

Thanks for the comments everyone. The logo does look like the Cavs in some ways with a big C and an upward tilted wordmark over a basketball, but I have not problems with that.

I dont plan on making a full crab logo, MDC, partly because I find crabs to be ugly and I think it would end up looking very "minor-league-ish" once it's done, and I'm also feeling lazy/content with this.

Lightning25, I do plan to make a team in Hartford, but Im thinking Im going to use "Connecticut" rather than Hartford as a name.

CLAWS_jerseys-1.gif

Brooklyn, Empire State, Manhattan and Long Island? Might be too many teams in New York State.

Designs are mind-blowing though.

You're right, there are a lot of New York State teams, but there are 4 California teams in the NBA and 3 Texas teams so I'll justify it that way. But hey, at least it would keep the cost of travel down if that counts for anything.

(does this mean I shouldnt even think about putting a team in Buffalo?)

I think that as a concept series, it's fine to have a bunch of teams in the same area for travel considerations. If it were going to be a pro league, having too many teams in the same state might be a problem. That's all I was thinking. I'd like to see what you come up with for Buffalo.

Archived