Jets Considering New Throwback

Brian E

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NewYorkJets_HRS1_1990-1997_SOL_SRGB.png

Yay.

Yay Indeed.

I have that helmet on my shelf. It's by far the best they've ever had (really, it's only 3...airplane, that, and current with minor differences in color/shape of oval etc). It's better with the white facemask though. That being said, the uniforms were better with the black shadow and the smaller TV numbers...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, I think I'm in the minority on this one, but those uniforms sucked. The Jets have had good teams in them, as much as they've had good teams with their current duds. But even being a Patriots fan, I'll always associate the Jets look, with that of Namath and the rest of the team in Super Bowl III. They were the Chargers of the east coast, and looked awesome.

I'm convinced that the Jets in a green helmet is the way God intended it to be.

But what color facemask did she intend for them to use?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's better with the white facemask though. That being said, the uniforms were better with the black shadow and the smaller TV numbers...

Seconded. I also hope they skip the green pants, but I might be getting greedy to expect that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

NewYorkJets_HRS1_1990-1997_SOL_SRGB.png

Yay.

Yay Indeed.

I have that helmet on my shelf. It's by far the best they've ever had (really, it's only 3...airplane, that, and current with minor differences in color/shape of oval etc). It's better with the white facemask though. That being said, the uniforms were better with the black shadow and the smaller TV numbers...

Make the facemask white and you're correct.

87Redskins.png

Usually I don't buy into the "you just like it just because it's old" argument but in this case...well, you all like it just because it's old. That Jets look reminds me of something a TV show would come up with if they needed to make a uniform for a fictional team. Bland and generic. There's a reason the Jets went back to the "Namath" look folks. The reason may not have been those 80's Jets uniforms but it's as good a reason as any. Those things were just green Giants (no pun intended) uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

Those things were just green Giants (no pun intended) uniforms.

BOOM. ROASTED. :P

The throwback I'd go to would be this.

bfhegxqd4hqxgwqgrhz300l00.gif

I just love that helmet logo.

The problem with that is most people wouldn't realize they were throwbacks. Yes, it is kelly green and the helmet logo and stripes are different, but most people wouldn't notice that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Usually I don't buy into the "you just like it just because it's old" argument but in this case...well, you all like it just because it's old. That Jets look reminds me of something a TV show would come up with if they needed to make a uniform for a fictional team. Bland and generic. There's a reason the Jets went back to the "Namath" look folks. The reason may not have been those 80's Jets uniforms but it's as good a reason as any. Those things were just green Giants (no pun intended) uniforms.

I'm someone who usually dislikes throwbacks in general. However, I like (and have always liked) those particular Jets unis. Personally, I have always disliked the original Jets and current Jets' uniform and logo design. I mean that logo REALLY screams generic to me...(what does it have to do with a team called the 'Jets' anyway?:

NewYorkJets_PML1_2002-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I'm someone who usually dislikes throwbacks in general. However, I like (and have always liked) those particular Jets unis. Personally, I have always disliked the original Jets and current Jets' uniform and logo design. I mean that logo REALLY screams generic to me...(what does it have to do with a team called the 'Jets' anyway?:

NewYorkJets_PML1_2002-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Well this point has been brought up before. When you're a team in a market as large as New York you don't need to play up the team's nickname. The emphasis should be on a more civic-inspired identity. The Jets, in other words, don't need to play up the jet imagery.

That being said, that logo is awful. It's to cluttered, and the NY takes a backseat to the JETS wordmark. The sooner the Jets put this on their helmets the better....

944-1.gif

Archived