2011 MLS Kits

AJM

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's official! Presenting your Philadelphia Bimbos!

letouxjersey.jpg

Poor poor Philly fans. That has got to be the most hideous sponsorship logo in the short history of MLS sponsored jerseys.

Yep it should have been Colgate, Crest or Sensodyne. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

letouxjersey.jpg

Poor poor Philly fans. That has got to be the most hideous sponsorship logo in the short history of MLS sponsored jerseys.

It's Beem-bo. Says right on the wrappers.

And didn't Bimbo sponsor Chivas USA for a year or two? Where was the outrage then?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

letouxjersey.jpg

And didn't Bimbo sponsor Chivas USA for a year or two? Where was the outrage then?

that was BEFORE anyone cared about the MLS

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

letouxjersey.jpg

No Chivas USA always had Comex until recently. This is "Bim-Bo"'s first foray into MLS. And it's a terrible logo in and of itself, without even considering the English meaning for the word (and lets face it, almost every MLS fan is going to say it "bimbo" and laugh at Philly for it).

letouxjersey.jpg

No Chivas USA always had Comex until recently. This is "Bim-Bo"'s first foray into MLS. And it's a terrible logo in and of itself, without even considering the English meaning for the word (and lets face it, almost every MLS fan is going to say it "bimbo" and laugh at Philly for it).

Chivas of Guadalajara are sponsored by Bimbo, which is suprising since both teams are owned by the same owner.

Reebok%20Chivas%20Home%20Jersey%202008.JPG

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

What gets me about BIMBO is that they own Hostess and Wonder Bread. Why couldn't Hostess or Wonder be the sponsor brand?

Shake 'n' bake!

TN%20wonder%20still.jpg

Wow, when I saw McCarthy's post I said to myself, "Yeah, they used Wonder for NASCAR..." Oops. Guess Ricky Bobby doesn't count. Falls under movie product placement rather than sports team sposorship, I suppose.

Oh well. Any Chicago Fire changes happening?

What gets me about BIMBO is that they own Hostess and Wonder Bread. Why couldn't Hostess or Wonder be the sponsor brand?

Bingo. Most people in the US have no idea what Bimbo is or what they sell. Nor do we care since they don't sell anything under the Bimbo brand in the US. Really amateurish mistake on their part actually.

Chivas of Guadalajara are sponsored by Bimbo, which is suprising since both teams are owned by the same owner.

Reebok%20Chivas%20Home%20Jersey%202008.JPG

I think that's exactly why he has never pushed for Bimbo to sponsor Chivas USA. He's in recent years been trying to cultivate the separation of the team after the initial plan for Chivas USA (being the US extension of Chivas Guadalajara) failed miserably and did not catch the attention of the target audience.

http://www.mls-rumors.net/14719/2011/02/report-revs-boss-brian-biello-on-ne-revs-shirt-sponsorship-deal-dilemma/

Revs finally mention possibility of kit sponsor...long overdue for them. They should have had a sponsor by now.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

http://www.mls-rumors.net/14719/2011/02/report-revs-boss-brian-biello-on-ne-revs-shirt-sponsorship-deal-dilemma/

Revs finally mention possibility of kit sponsor...long overdue for them. They should have had a sponsor by now.

Brian Bilello has made many mentions of possible kit sponsors in the past. I've actually had a good number of conversations directly with him about thisissue.

The problem is, as with most things under the Kraft Sports Regime, that they are content to wait out for a sweetheart deal while the rest of the world keeps moving on.

The Krafts (Bob & Jonathan) refuse to put themselves at risk nor are they willing to accept less than what they perceive is a good value. So the Revs are left without any sponsor money for the past 3 years while teams such as Columbus, Chivas USA and DC have been reaping some reward financially.

Then again, it's not like they could move merchandise anyway. Gillette Stadium and the internet remain the primary places to buy Revs gear in New England. (unless buying last years kits at TJ Maxx/Marshalls counts).

patriotssignature.png

Brian Bilello has made many mentions of possible kit sponsors in the past. I've actually had a good number of conversations directly with him about thisissue.

The problem is, as with most things under the Kraft Sports Regime, that they are content to wait out for a sweetheart deal while the rest of the world keeps moving on.

The Krafts (Bob & Jonathan) refuse to put themselves at risk nor are they willing to accept less than what they perceive is a good value. So the Revs are left without any sponsor money for the past 3 years while teams such as Columbus, Chivas USA and DC have been reaping some reward financially.

Then again, it's not like they could move merchandise anyway. Gillette Stadium and the internet remain the primary places to buy Revs gear in New England. (unless buying last years kits at TJ Maxx/Marshalls counts).

This also applies to a SSS and a possible rebrand or updated logo for the Revs.

This also applies to a SSS and a possible rebrand or updated logo for the Revs.

SSS = soccer specific stadium?

I love the Toronto whatever-you-call-them's jersey, IF and only IF BMO would be stripped off the JERSEY.

(side note 1. Don't you think it is somewhat strange that the BANK OF MONTREAL sponsors a Toronto team? What happened to Toronto Dominon Bank [aka TD Bank]?}

People in this forum love and I mean love to argue for jersey sponsorship. I think it is a plague. Running billboards. We live in a different age and if that is your "big earner" - slapping some meaningless corporate giant's logo - who most people have no affiliation to, nor care about, then you shouldn't be in business in the first place.

(side note 2. If Virgin sponsored at team the you'd have the Virgins playing the Bimbos.)

Here's one for you. Why don't national team jerseys have corporate sponsors? We could have all the crooks from the past era - say Enron, Madoff Securities, etc. buy space on the US national team jersey, or how about the banks who helped start the financial crisis in the first place - Goldman, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and AIG (whoops - almost forgot - that one's been done already).

We can also have:

GM (remember they got bailed out too) on US jerseys

Bimbo on Mexico

Virgin on England

DB (the bank, not the bahn) on Germany's jersey

ING on Holland

Bank of Tokyo on Japan

Quantas on Australia

Oh, wait. I bet you folks wouldn't care for the national jersey being mucked up. So the difference is ........

Ah forget it. Enjoy your running billboards.

I dont see why they should get one. There's two scenarios that will play out.

1. They dont get one. Stay like it is now.

2. They get one. Kraft still doesnt open his wallet for the team. Stay like it is now except with a jersey sponsor.

If I was a revs fan I'd hope he wouldnt get one.

I love the Toronto whatever-you-call-them's jersey, IF and only IF BMO would be stripped off the JERSEY.

(side note 1. Don't you think it is somewhat strange that the BANK OF MONTREAL sponsors a Toronto team? What happened to Toronto Dominon Bank [aka TD Bank]?}

People in this forum love and I mean love to argue for jersey sponsorship. I think it is a plague. Running billboards. We live in a different age and if that is your "big earner" - slapping some meaningless corporate giant's logo - who most people have no affiliation to, nor care about, then you shouldn't be in business in the first place.

(side note 2. If Virgin sponsored at team the you'd have the Virgins playing the Bimbos.)

Here's one for you. Why don't national team jerseys have corporate sponsors? We could have all the crooks from the past era - say Enron, Madoff Securities, etc. buy space on the US national team jersey, or how about the banks who helped start the financial crisis in the first place - Goldman, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and AIG (whoops - almost forgot - that one's been done already).

We can also have:

Bimbo on Mexico

Virgin on England

ING on Holland

Bank of Tokyo on Japan

Quantas on Australia

Oh, wait. I bet you folks wouldn't care for the national jersey being mucked up. So the difference is ........

9a1ab21d.jpg

Damnit man, can't you see? You're on your own!

We can also have:

Bimbo on Mexico

Virgin on England

ING on Holland

Bank of Tokyo on Japan

Quantas on Australia

Wallabies%20On%20Field.jpg

Hi.

Go to bed, old man.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived