New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That'd be a more salient point if the Marlins had worn that cap in the last fifteensome years. In a related story, the Astros' orange hat was pretty cool too.

No, my point is THAT is the hat they should be using...regardless.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

The Marlins are probably screwing up their rebrand in one way or another, because they're the Marlins and they suck

For example, going with the asinine "city name on all the uniforms" dynamic like the Rangers. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing to help promote the name change.

could't agree more. i hate when teams have their name on the road instead of the city/ state they play for, but i hate it even more when they put the city/ state on the home and all unis. why the :censored: do you need the city name ont he home unis, EVERYONE knows theyre miami, theyr eplaying in a stadium in :censored:ing miami... some desicions will never be understood.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

as a Marlins fan:

1) I was never big on their logo. any of their logos. I liked the teal, though, because it was unique

2) I like this new :censored: because it's unique, like, we're a unique underdog team (even though word on the street is we might have a $100m payroll next year :D :D :D )

3) People reacting to this are thinking this leaked logo is evvverything. obviously, there's going to be a lot more and people shouldn't overract until the entire new package is out

4) I absolutely love the new cap logo

The overreactive hate over this Marlins identity is hilarious. It's funny how nobody can be creative these days without anybody crapping all over it. I think the cap will be sick. Compare now to the 80's and 90's, and everything just seems so bland and one dimensional with blue and black, and I'm getting tired of it. Things were fun and more colorful back then and I'm glad the Marlins are going this way, there needs to be a Florida team that reps that "Miami style" badly.

while I agree that its a bit premature to pass judgment in regards to an identity that has yet to be fully released, I also think its more than fair to at least make some presumptions about what is to come based on what is leaked through the internet and express opinions. Lets be honest, do you really think everyone would look at the leaked Marlin's new logo and go "Hmmm....it might work, let me wait till the whole identity is unveiled before I make a comment" Its about as polar opposite in terms of colors and logo as you can get from what they have now, what do you expect that the reaction would be?

I got more details out of my uncle, who's in town. They have multiple new caps, and at least one of them isn't black. He said that the logo that's been leaked isn't exactly what's going to be on the caps. He thinks that the uniforms are actually rather classy looking, not uber-modern as people have feared. Both home and away have MIAMI as the script. Oh, and he said that the Marlins have a deal in place to trade for Ozzie Guillen. It's pretty much a done deal after the season ends.

If your uncles right, I'll mail him a beer-

We can all drink to all of that- Wonder why 2 black caps?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The new Marlins identity is just another chapter in the epic fail that is the ownership of Jeffrey Loria. It all started with Opening Day of 2002 when they ran out of hot dogs, to the trading of Miguel Cabrera, the firing of Joe Girardi, etc. This is a poorly run organization that has done more in driving away fans than actually building a fan base. The trade for Ozzie Guillen would not be a bad one but who are they going to trade? There is a reason that they are in last place and their manager resigned half way through the season. Back on topic, first the nearly 50 pages demonstrates more thought and care then most of the Marlin fan base. Secondly, IMO they will not have a redesign in 2015 regardless of the response because Loria and Samson don't care about the fan base. That begin said, the new caps will sell. I collect baseball caps and will own one eventually even if it is one of the ugliest in my collection.

You do know that was actually Wayne Huizingas fault as he owns and generates all the revenue from concessions at the marlins stadium right?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

as a Marlins fan:

1) I was never big on their logo. any of their logos. I liked the teal, though, because it was unique

2) I like this new :censored: because it's unique, like, we're a unique underdog team (even though word on the street is we might have a $100m payroll next year :D :D :D )

3) People reacting to this are thinking this leaked logo is evvverything. obviously, there's going to be a lot more and people shouldn't overract until the entire new package is out

4) I absolutely love the new cap logo

what street have been on? :/

True2OB.png

I fell into an all-teal early 1990s Marlins snapback cap. It one of my prized possessions, even though I don't like teal on sports uniforms.

If I fell into any rare Marlins apparel with the logo plastered on it, I'd give it away to Goodwill.

spacer.png

Archived