NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

387922712.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate the hawks but i'll give them credit for having probably the nicest building in the NHL.

How many NHL buildings have you been to?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

387922712.jpg

Nice barber-pole red line. No sponsors yet? And do we really need three MTS Centre (BTW Canada, you spelled center wrong) logos around center ice?

No, you spelt centre wrong ;)

I'm with Ice_Cap. Sorry.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

387922712.jpg

Nice barber-pole red line. No sponsors yet? And do we really need three MTS Centre (BTW Canada, you spelled center wrong) logos around center ice?

No, you spelt centre wrong ;)

I'm with Ice_Cap. Sorry.

Canada got it from the Brits. Brits are never wrong.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

They're always wrong, hence 'Merica. We had to leave and get it right. Next you're gunna tell me France is always fights to the bitter end...

Would be so much easier if there was just one universal term. It's dumb how two neighbouring countries use different spelling variations.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yes. Among other things, the dark-gray outline on the left side of the jet really adds to the clip-art effect in my opinion. It's also particularly unfortunate that you don't get the top point of the jet by doing it this way. I'm thinking that two separate logos (one on either side of the red line) would have been preferable. Does anyone even do that anymore? Anyone remember when the Oilers had their logo at the blue line?

Having it split by the center/re line really seems to accentuate the problems in the logo at the top and bottom.

EDIT: The right side of the logo looks like they did that part last, and ran out of light gray paint when they got to it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Having it split by the center/re line really seems to accentuate the problems in the logo at the top and bottom.

EDIT: The right side of the logo looks like they did that part last, and ran out of light gray paint when they got to it.

and now that you mention it, the red line (let's avoid the re/er border war for now...) splits an MTS Centre logo and the S in that one looks totally :censored:ed.

387922712.jpg

Anyone else think this looks even more like horrible clip art on the ice than by itself?

yup

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

You don't realize till you see it in person that the United Center is like absurdly big. I can see it looming over other buildings from like four blocks away when I take the Metra downtown. It's how I know to start grabbing my stuff.

I was hoping to get to tour the building when I went there, but only got as far as the administrative office at the Jordan statue's end of the arena. Are the seating bowls in the arena that big, or are there some large restaurants/stores/etc. on the concourse?

You don't realize till you see it in person that the United Center is like absurdly big. I can see it looming over other buildings from like four blocks away when I take the Metra downtown. It's how I know to start grabbing my stuff.

I was hoping to get to tour the building when I went there, but only got as far as the administrative office at the Jordan statue's end of the arena. Are the seating bowls in the arena that big, or are there some large restaurants/stores/etc. on the concourse?

@the admiral - This should give people a perspective as to how big the UC is compared to the surrounding area.

I mean, compared to the old Chicago Stadium, the UC is gigantic.

@Hedley - It's a big stadium... (biggest in the NHL)

united-center-15.jpg

Here's how it looks for Bulls games.

The UC's site shows both seating configurations but there are a few restaurants a big bar or two and some souvenir stores but it's pretty much an outer concourse and then the seats (not like Conseco Feildhouse in Indy that has a big lobby).

Archived