NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wild need to go with green and cream as the primary colors and only use red as a very limited accent.

1296927649699.jpg

Christmas sweaters should be saved for roasting chestnuts over an open fire.

"They're green and red, they look like Christmas" is just as lame as "red and yellow, they look like McDonald's."

Green and red is a perfectly acceptable, and very pleasing, colour scheme. The cream and gold the Wild add to the mix makes it even better. In fact I'd advocate the Devils go back to red and green full time if they didn't have so much success associated with the red and black look.

"They're green and red, they look like Christmas" is just as lame as "red and yellow, they look like McDonald's."

Green and red is a perfectly acceptable, and very pleasing, colour scheme. The cream and gold the Wild add to the mix makes it even better. In fact I'd advocate the Devils go back to red and green full time if they didn't have so much success associated with the red and black look.

Dear God, this

330zl3b.png

God, what is that Aeros crap. Let's pick out a couple of widely-derided unrelated Edge templates from the initial rollout and go with those for the home and road, sure, why not. Well, now their look is as ugly and disjointed as their parent club, so congratulations on that, I guess.

This

The Template the white one uses is atrocious. I would be happy if I never saw another hockey team use it.

I understand many like red and green together but for me in any application outside Christmas it's dreadful...I personally enjoy the Wild's green and cream look much more. Just one person's opinion and judging from the reaction of others the Wild don't need to change.

Well, that one will just get you murdered.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I understand many like red and green together but for me in any application outside Christmas it's dreadful

mx.gif

You're wrong

Sorry your right, the Mexican flag is one of my favorites along with the Italian!

Red and Green is a perfectly fine color scheme and looks great IMO. Like Ice Cap said; Who cares if the color scheme is shared by a holiday or something else famous? If you go by that logic there can be no red and yellow teams (McDonald's), or orange and black teams (Halloween), I'm sure there are a couple other examples as well.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

They're retiring the Winter Classic throwbacks

What a pity. I thought those were some sharp looking uniforms. Even though I wasn't a fan of the "Black Hawks Chicago" ring around the retro indian head logo (I don't like "ringed" logos), I thought the overall jersey was pretty nice and unique. Much better than those old dull generic black thirds they had a few years ago.

The Catch of the Day!

Red and Green is a perfectly fine color scheme and looks great IMO. Like Ice Cap said; Who cares if the color scheme is shared by a holiday or something else famous? If you go by that logic there can be no red and yellow teams (McDonald's), or orange and black teams (Halloween), I'm sure there are a couple other examples as well.

I've used this one before, but it was well-received, so here we go:

The Toronto NHL club looks like Hanukkah.

Goy Leafs, Goy.

They do kinda look like Santa's elves when they're in their practice jerseys for the morning skate....

I don't think I've ever seen the Wild in their practice sweaters.

There's definitely a mental connection between the colour scheme red and green and Christmas, but that holiday and that colour scheme simply don't go hand in hand. Granted I'm a Jew, but "Christmas" has never been the first thing to come to mind when seeing any of the Wild's game sweaters.

I'm sorry but it really annoys me that people are so close-minded that they can't accept that red and green look good and go together because they are complimentary colors. I deal with it at work, every time the colors of red and green are being tried out. It's always, "Oh no, we can't use that. It looks too much like Christmas." I wish these people would walk outside and look at nature as a lot of plants are red and green.

I don't think I've ever seen the Wild in their practice sweaters.

There's definitely a mental connection between the colour scheme red and green and Christmas, but that holiday and that colour scheme simply don't go hand in hand. Granted I'm a Jew, but "Christmas" has never been the first thing to come to mind when seeing any of the Wild's game sweaters.

Solid green or red sweaters with no numbers, solid green hockey pants, and red/green socks.....

Archived