NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least they avoided the double stripes, and thus to close of a connection to the Maple Leafs. Still, kind of underwhelming.

This isn't a team that's been around for 100, 90, 75 years. They don't need a simple colour on white colour scheme. The blue, black, and silver was a unique colour scheme. Sad to see it go.

Sounds like they're goig to be giving every season ticket holder a jersey.

EDIT: Called that

EDIT 2: Microchips in sleeves- 25% off merchandise and concessions.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

They released it early to prevent it from leaking- smart move.

Keeping the BOLTS jersey as an alt.

(I can't get the presser anymore, my Flash plug-in just "quit unexpectedly" on my Mac)

Two more I got before I lost it.

Screenshot2011-01-31at123646PM.png

Season ticket holder patch:

Screenshot2011-01-31at123319PM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

if they wanted a generic logo they definitely got one, i'm really trying to like this look but i really cant, they aren't an old team who has used a boring colour scheme or font for all of eternity why do they insist on trying to be original six in style....?

Terrible

They more or less copied the Red Wings design stripe for stripe and sucked all the originality out of their colour scheme. The best feature of Tampa's Jerseys was that shimmering silver circle that encased the bolt making the logo really stand out on the ice. Now you have something so lacking in inspiration it'd be generous to use it on a minor league team. Very dissapointed in SME Design. They've done some great work in the past (Wild to mention one) but this is just awful.

It's not what I was hoping for, more of what I expected was going to happen. Not even a little black or silver really hurts them. A team name like Lightning, especially a team that's only been around since the 90s, does not need a traditional jersey design or colors. I think the worst part is the circle around the lightning bolt. The way it's uneven makes it look almost cartoony which doesn't go at all with the very traditional color scheme/design they have going. Very disappointing redesign for the Lightning.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived