NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copied the Wings' pants and everything. I really want to see a side-by-side with this and the Wings' current unis, because it really looks like the sleeve, pant, and sock stripes are the exact same width as what Detroit uses. That's not drawing on a classic for inspiration. That's using the bucket in MS Paint.

Keeping a little silver and black would have helped immensely. Keeping some iteration of a lightning bolt pants stripe would have been a nice nod to the team's actual 2-decade history. Instead, we get this contrivance of supposed "tradition", and another example of the pendulum swinging back too far.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ya know, it's bad enough that they're going purely Blue and White like the Maple Leafs, but why use the exact same shade of Blue as the Leafs?

(Honestly, I'm assuming the same shade of Blue; it was before, and these just look like they essentially removed the Black and Silver.)

At the very least, they should have picked a unique shade; something that they could have claimed as their own.

When I get the exact colors, I'll come back and either confirm my original assumption, or correct it.

do they even have the victory stripes????? if not they got rid of every real tradition they have in tampa....way to go guys

Here's our tradition in 20 years:

-We won the Cup in 2004

-We made the playoffs four other times

We are still a relatively new team compared to most of the league. Not much to draw on.

mav23.gif

do they even have the victory stripes????? if not they got rid of every real tradition they have in tampa....way to go guys

No bolt on pants. No victory stripes. They claim they want a traditional look but get rid of the only traditional elements they had!!

LOVE IT! Much much better than their current set.

Jesus people, you bitch when its new and modern (piping, etc.) and now you bitch when it is a CLASSIC hockey sweater look.

That said, the Bolt does look A LOT like the Air Force Academy football helmet logo.

1.gif

-We won the Cup in 2004

We are still a relatively new team compared to most of the league. Not much to draw on.

yea but 20 years of tradition is something to build on not completely throw away and start again ever 20 years, imagine what we could have if every original 6 team did that every 20 years, might be kinda cool to see the changes through the eras but there would be no tradition in anything

all im saying is tradtion cant be created overnight, you need to have something that sets you apart and build on it over time

LOVE IT! Much much better than their current set.

Jesus people, you bitch when its new and modern (piping, etc.) and now you bitch when it is a CLASSIC hockey sweater look.

That said, the Bolt does look A LOT like the Air Force Academy football helmet logo.

1.gif

im actually a fan of new modern designs, i like when teams go out on a limb and try something new instead of being stuck in the past

This really just established in my mind a new uniform pet peeve:

Recently established teams who start out with modern uniforms and logos going to a "classic" look that has no roots in any tradition whatsoever. Had Tampa Bay started out with this look, then went to what they originally had, then decided to go back, I'd be more ok with it. But I kinda see this on the same level as a team using black for black's sake.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it overall, feel free to disagree with me. But it's just something that bothers me.

-We won the Cup in 2004

yea but 20 years of tradition is something to build on not completely throw away and start again ever 20 years, imagine what we could have if every original 6 team did that every 20 years, might be kinda cool to see the changes through the eras but there would be no tradition in anything

all im saying is tradtion cant be created overnight, you need to have something that sets you apart and build on it over time

But it is not as if the Bolts have had one design and one set of logos for all 20 years. The number of different sweaters is close to double-digits. They underwent a major branding change only 5 years ago. They have a very bright future with a brilliant GM ( ;) ), why not change your look now so when you do win, you create your own legacy? It's not like we will be seeing the other blue and white team in the Stanley Cup finals any time soon.

I will say they look more like the Leafs than the Red Wings. I'd like to see the shades of blue lined up next to each other.

As I said before, if the Lightning is using the same shade of Blue as they were previously using, they'll be EXACTLY THE SAME.

Archived