NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Also, a hockey store out here is selling Sharks Edge 2.0 jerseys now. They have no label on the inside except for a neon green strip (formerly had a rbk/Reebok logo on the strip) to show the name, where it was made and the size. Finally, Reebok has put out the ACTUAL authentic Edge jersey for sale to the public that is on the ice since November 2007.

Careful. The only 2.0's available are the new Jets jerseys and game-issued jerseys from teams. The new 2.0's available for retail are not what is worn on the ice. Google "Indo-Edge" to find out about it.

My new Leafs' Authentic 3rd is Edge 2.0. I know this because I have the first run Edge 1.0 Leafs and one of the last 1.0 jerseys made as well.

I'll add to my earlier description of the WC jerseys - since they've been made on the 6100 template, the materials have been similar (however much thinner recently) to the material found on pre-Edge replicas. It isn't Edge 2.0, not even close.

Do you still have the hang tag? I may be wrong about what I've found out but the only NHL retail 2.0's I've seen have been for Winnipeg (model number 7287) whereas all the online retailers selling "2.0's" are selling model number 7231, which are the ones made in Indonesia and are not what are worn on the ice.

Yellow collar ribbon. I'm trying to pull up the model number that I purchased, however, I can't seem to find it listed at the moment. I'll have a better idea after this weekend as to which one I have in my possession... have a few sources to work from that should yield favourable results.

EDIT: I'm going to go on a limb here and say it's 2.0... the price I purchased it for matches up a lot closer with the price for the 7287 compared to the cheaper 7231... There is a different between the two costs, and it's closer to $25...

Hmm, so maybe the jerseys that were introduced this year (Winnipeg, Toronto Alt, Islanders Alt, Ottawa Alt, etc.) will be 7287's.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ICETHETICS HAS (almost) CONFIRMED THE FLYERS JERSEY LEAK!

306446_10150454968695931_390383765930_10922258_1979421978_n.jpg

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/11/10/is-this-the-best-winter-classic-leak-yet.html

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What's with the captains C? Looks odd. The jersey is nice and all but I find it really boring. I say a lot more creative and original jerseys posted on this board.

The C is inside a keystone... it's a Pennsylvania thing.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hmm, so maybe the jerseys that were introduced this year (Winnipeg, Toronto Alt, Islanders Alt, Ottawa Alt, etc.) will be 7287's.

This is the first time that there are two versions of the authentics in existence was brought to my attention.

It is mildly alarming and extremely deceptive.

What I can confirm is that there is, more approximately, price difference between the 7287 and 7231 of $33, at cost, the former being more expensive.

I cannot confirm whether or not all jersey construction has been moved overseas, and that will take some time to determine. I would love to see a shot of the inside collar of a pro Jets jersey...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What's with the captains C? Looks odd. The jersey is nice and all but I find it really boring. I say a lot more creative and original jerseys posted on this board.

The C is inside a keystone... it's a Pennsylvania thing.

This may not be the best week to talk about what a 'Pennsylvania thing' is, if you know what I mean...

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

This is the first time that there are two versions of the authentics in existence was brought to my attention.

What I can confirm is that there is, more approximately, price difference between the 7287 and 7231 of $33, at cost, the former being more expensive.

I cannot confirm whether or not all jersey construction has been moved overseas, and that will take some time to determine. I would love to see a shot of the inside collar of a pro Jets jersey...

Here's a pic of the inside from a seller on eBay who is known to have the real thing:

a08e9f56.png

Here's a pic of the inside from a seller on eBay who is known to have the real thing:

a08e9f56.png

Thanks for that.

Hmm... I'm going to continue probing this, particularly if ALL on-ice jerseys are still made in Canada or not. The Jets' could be an exception because to the new Reebok move overseas (halting production to rush game and fan products) because they needed to quickly produce this product.

I have a few avenues to go down and hope they yield some satisfactory responses.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

a08e9f56.png

Thanks for that.

Hmm... I'm going to continue probing this, particularly if ALL on-ice jerseys are still made in Canada or not. The Jets' could be an exception because to the new Reebok move overseas (halting production to rush game and fan products) because they needed to quickly produce this product.

I have a few avenues to go down and hope they yield some satisfactory responses.

I have the Jets home, and it's made in Indonesia.

untitled-6.jpg

From what I've seen from the supplier catalogs, all authentic jerseys are even a further stretch of that word now. Most are the Indo-Edges with the new SKU numbers and lesser quality. To the best of my knowledge, the true RBK 2.0 jerseys were never releases for retail. Some teams sell them on their own and game issued ones are available but this is fairly rare. The 1.0s that are the predominant retail authentic were dismissed by most players shortly after the big jersey change although a very small number continue to wear them.

Here are the SKU numbers to look for on tags:

7187 Edge 1.0

7287 Edge 2.0

7231 Indo-Edge

7287 is the truest authentic, 7187 was truly authentic for the whole league briefly and still for a few players today, and 7231 is, IMO, a lie an "authentic", licensed knockoff.

Not sure when this happened, but the Flyers have gone to white captaincy letters on their white jerseys.

BEFORE

mike-richards-flyers.jpg

AFTER

pronger_51786.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The new Jets jerseys look great in real life, btw.

Having seen them in action in person last week, I'm going to have to disagree. Mind you, I saw them in the whites.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not sure when this happened, but the Flyers have gone to white captaincy letters on their white jerseys.

BEFORE

mike-richards-flyers.jpg

AFTER

pronger_51786.jpg

I think this looks bad, but at the same time, the C now matches the numbers.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

^That looks horrid.

Anyways, check out this beauty:

everblades_under_the_sea_jersey_is_goofy_sadly_snarkproof.jpg

Spongebob meets Jacob Gregory

I thought the same thing, but the Naples News said:

" Now, before you go crazy and ask yourself why the team would wear "Little Mermaid" themed jerseys (especially when everyone knows that "The Lion King" is the current craze), I must tell you that according to the team, all the drawings on the jerseys were done by patients at the Southwest Florida Children's Hospital.

The Everblades work closely with the hospital throughout the year, including donating toys from the annual Teddy Bear Toss and pairing players with patients for a special program called "'Blades Buddies." After Saturday's game on Nov. 19, the jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds going to the hospital."

So it's for a good cause, and the drawings are from a children's hospital. I can deal with the silliness for a one-off

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This must be a record for the Flyers to be the team with the most "leaks" that a yet-to-be-unveiled jersey ever got.

And for the record...I would be happy if that eBay jersey turns out to the the real thing. The C & A's look like they are inside an urn. I don't know what that thing really is, but I think the idea is a nice touch.

And for the record...I would be happy if that eBay jersey turns out to the the real thing. The C & A's look like they are inside an urn. I don't know what that thing really is, but I think the idea is a nice touch.

It's a keystone. Pennsylvania is the Keystone State.

Keystone_State_Corvette_Club.jpg

Archived