NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure when this happened, but the Flyers have gone to white captaincy letters on their white jerseys.

BEFORE

mike-richards-flyers.jpg

AFTER

pronger_51786.jpg

That was their "very minor change" for this season. Brings them ever-so-closer to the same design that the team wore back in the day...

bobby-clarke-booklet-0203.jpg

Historical accuracy aside, the orange C looked better.

Here are the SKU numbers to look for on tags:

7187 Edge 1.0

7287 Edge 2.0

7231 Indo-Edge

7287 is the truest authentic, 7187 was truly authentic for the whole league briefly and still for a few players today, and 7231 is, IMO, a lie an "authentic", licensed knockoff.

Is the NHL trying to get me to stop buying jerseys? Obviously I don't touch the fake crap. I have four Edge authentics, purchased from IceJerseys, NHL.com, and River City Sports, and they are all 7187s (even the one I ordered from RC a couple months ago). And even then I only bought them because I got them on sale (from $170 to $220, customizing included). The only other "new" jersey I bought was a Mario Lemieux Heroes of Hockey that did have stitched name number and crest, but the fabric itself felt very thin and I would have passed if I didn't get it for about $100.

Between the counterfeits and the crap quality of licensed stuff, these days I'm only interested in eBay vintage finds and game-worn stuff from Meigray (which can be cheaper than you think if you wait for their sales).

1zgyd8w.jpg

In a matchup of two teams with the exact same colors for the night, I'd say the piss white loses to the clean white.

ap-201111121924698989290.jpg

What? Of all the games for Columbus to wear their thirds, against the Jets? Looks like a damn intersquad scrimmage.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I can't help but think how much nicer that would look in regular white.

I believe in a concept thread somewhere someone did do a mockup in the non-vintage and it looked amazing.

2ly2w09.jpg

In a matchup of two teams with the exact same colors for the night, I'd say the piss white loses to the clean white.

What? Of all the games for Columbus to wear their thirds, against the Jets? Looks like a damn intersquad scrimmage.

My thoughts precisely.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My thoughts precisely.

If ever there were an argument against "vintage" white...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

%7Boption%7Dhttp://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/8e/fullj.d57c5e5e427490fa60c01fc588966518/ap-201111121924698989290.jpg[/

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but I think you mean INTRAsquad.

Not jersey related but this thread became the catch-all for NHL logos this season, right?

Anyway, the Black Friday game now has a sponsor and a logo as seen in the promo for this year's matchup between the Red Wings and Bruins:

41888cde.png

My thoughts precisely.

If ever there were an argument against "vintage" white...

The vintage white looks so much worse when worn against a team wearing the exact same colors with regular white. It's not even close.

They may as well have broadcast this game in black and white.

132600910_slide.jpg

BTW, the Blue Jackets are 2-1 in their alternate uniform this year. 1-11-1 in their regular uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's pretty bad when Columbus becomes the go-to comparison for any franchise.

So I was watching bits and pieces of the Leafs game after the HHOF honors, and two things stuck out to me:

• Those Leafs thirds remind me so much of Tampa's new blue jerseys, and
  • Eddie Belfour looked off during the entire thing. At least he's still able to do what he loves in life: Get blind stinking drunk.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's pretty bad when Columbus becomes the go-to comparison for any franchise.

So I was watching bits and pieces of the Leafs game after the HHOF honors, and two things stuck out to me:

• Those Leafs thirds remind me so much of Tampa's new blue jerseys, and
  • Eddie Belfour looked off during the entire thing. At least he's still able to do what he loves in life: Get blind stinking drunk.

My friends and I were joking that he must have fallen asleep in Queen's Park the night before, and gone straight to the ceremony after he woke up.

They may as well have broadcast this game in black and white.

132600910_slide.jpg

I think a little vintage white can work, like on the new Rangers sweaters. As an accent, it has its uses.

It's the yoke that ruins it for me here. Way too much.

And that's my issue with those jerseys. It's too much there and takes the focus off the rest of the jersey. These things fly off the shelves though. I'd say more than half of the jerseys I saw at the game were the alternates.

And are the socks just normal white? They don't seem to match the uniforms

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived