NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, the Blue Jackets are 2-1 in their alternate uniform this year. 1-11-1 in their regular uniforms.

That's funny. When they unveiled it last year, they couldn't win any games with the new alt. There were rumors that management was going to ditch the jersey, thinking it was cursed.

OttawaSenators.png

^^^Having the primary logo on the helmets looks way too out-of-place, especially considering the completely different colour pallet.

While true, we can't judge to harshly. If the reports coming out of Columbus are to be believed buying a second set of stickers for alternate helmets may have broken the bank :upside:

^^^Having the primary logo on the helmets looks way too out-of-place, especially considering the completely different colour pallet.

While true, we can't judge to harshly. If the reports coming out of Columbus are to be believed buying a second set of stickers for alternate helmets may have broken the bank :upside:

It's funny they actually changed the numbers on the front to match. Why not change the other too? 3 win hockey team, guess it doesn't really matter

It's funny they actually changed the numbers on the front to match. Why not change the other too? eh 3 win hockey team, guess it doesn't really matter

Huh. Joking aside, it seems odd that they'd match the helmet numbers but not the logos. That's just a ha;f-a$$ed job all around.

It's bugged me ever since they brought these in that they don't switch the stickers out.

When they were first unveiled they had a video that briefly showed a helmet that used a sticker that said Columbus, and the lettering was in the same font as the numbers on the third jersey. It looked awful. I don't know why they decided not to use those stickers.

But yeah, I agree, why not put the cannon in the circle on the helmets?

PvO6ZWJ.png

That was their "very minor change" for this season. Brings them ever-so-closer to the same design that the team wore back in the day...

bobby-clarke-booklet-0203.jpg

Historical accuracy aside, the orange C looked better.

The Flyers were all over the board, as far as the color of their captain's letters go, in the 70's, so pretty much any combination of orange/black/white would be OK at this point to be historically accurate.

Clarkie.jpg

Clarkie2.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I don't have a picture, but Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes was wearing an old Vector Logo Reebok jersey against the Leafs' tonight. The rest of the roster had the Reebok branded ones. I wonder why he was wearing the old stock...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Barring a miracle, Tomorrow's BFBS time on Long Island!

OMFG.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That was their "very minor change" for this season. Brings them ever-so-closer to the same design that the team wore back in the day...

bobby-clarke-booklet-0203.jpg

Historical accuracy aside, the orange C looked better.

The Flyers were all over the board, as far as the color of their captain's letters go, in the 70's, so pretty much any combination of orange/black/white would be OK at this point to be historically accurate.

Clarkie.jpg

Clarkie2.jpg

Yikes, they really were all over the place. Well, that just makes the decision to go to a white C on a white jersey even wonkier. :wacko:

Baring a miracle, Tomorrow's BFBS time on Long Island!

244yvpz.jpg

If it actually happens, the :censored: storm will make the Marlins unveiling look like a run of the mill "Cowboys are in blue" announcement.

Islanders event starts at 6pm tonight. Not sure when after that the jerseys will be unveiled.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If it actually happens, the :censored: storm will make the Marlins unveiling look like a run of the mill "Cowboys are in blue" announcement.

Islanders event starts at 6pm tonight. Not sure when after that the jerseys will be unveiled.

e240217-1.gif

They even went with the Collegiate Block freeware font for the numbers. Stunning, really.

Any shots of the back? Did they go with the contrasting nameplate? Because that would really be the cherry on the :censored: sundae.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived