NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a bunch of Rangers WC merchandise on NHLShop that's giving us hints as to what the jerseys will look like...

p11502057p275w.jpg

Did they really use a can of Fresca to model that koozie?

Also, I believe this may be the first primarily "vintage white" jersey in the NHL. Is that correct? If so, it may actually look good considering the Flyers are using VW trim. In every other instance of VW, especially in the Winter Classic, the other team has used a primarily white jersey. I think it will look slightly better if only because both teams will be using it.

Swap the black and orange and I think that would make for a great 3rd jersey for the flyers. (Unlike the islanders, the flyers are a team that I would like to have a black 3rd jersey like they used to!)

And even tho the flyers never wore anything like that, HELL never had lace up collar at the neck, I still like it.

There's a bunch of Rangers WC merchandise on NHLShop that's giving us hints as to what the jerseys will look like...

p11502057p275w.jpg

Did they really use a can of Fresca to model that koozie?

Also, I believe this may be the first primarily "vintage white" jersey in the NHL. Is that correct? If so, it may actually look good considering the Flyers are using VW trim. In every other instance of VW, especially in the Winter Classic, the other team has used a primarily white jersey. I think it will look slightly better if only because both teams will be using it.

No, it will the the second...

2948009.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD6BCE60791D9AB52806B15C8C69A50BD2D2CE7CD4556F646CE30A760B0D811297

...but it will be the first to be part of a club's actual set. I'd like to see more cream jerseys in the NHL. It would only make sense because every vintage jersey that was ever released was only trimmed in vintage white and had the logos recolored. As for your first question, I believe you are correct.

Pros:

-Black shoulder yoke

-Getting a little creative without going overboard *coughcoughIslanderscough*

Cons:

-Patch is on the shoulder

-Vintage white

-The mysteriously disappearing bottom black hem stripe

All in all a god uni. 8.5/10

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's a good looking jersey, but the flyers have never worn anything resembling it. It's FFFS (fauxback for fauxback's sake, if you didn't catch that). That missing stripe is bugging me too.

The Winter Classic jerseys are always fauxbacks. At least the Bruins' one was.

spacer.png

I can't be the only one here who noticed the new wordmark for the Oilers, am I?:

EdmontonOilers_WMK1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I've had this one for months now...strange that I really haven't seen it used anywhere yet...

So this is official? Where did you find this?

Looks great except for the inclusion of silver.

I can't be the only one here who noticed the new wordmark for the Oilers, am I?:

I've had this one for months now...strange that I really haven't seen it used anywhere yet...

Indeed, Werx, you are the only one who has seen it. This is a new one to me.

that flyers jersey reminds me of a jersey from nhl94-98 where all the teams had yolked jerseys.

Exactly, which is why I don't like it. They've never had a yolked jersey. Their "thing" has always been colored sleeves. The jersey looks too similar in cut to their rival the Devils.

Also, I've never seen a point on the bottom of a keystone before. I always thought they were flat. I kinda think it would be better flat, but it's not a huge deal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It looks like it was spot-printed, badly.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Flyers jersey looks nice. I don't mind the missing hem stripe. It is strange, but it doesn't hurt the overall look. It's interesting to see that the jersey appears to have a straight hem instead of curved, unless it is a replica. I can't remember if this is a Winter Classic jersey thing or not.

Anyone else notice it's not EDGE cut at the bottom?! I know in the past the replicas have been CCM 550 cut jerseys, maybe that's the case here, but I'm interested if they have finally "figured out" a way to make the EDGE jerseys without the scoop cut bottom.

SEAsig.png

Archived