NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I'm getting it. 20 years down the road some uniform geek will want to shell out money for these terrible jerseys :P

Yeah, no way that these islanders alternates will ever be value like the wild wing jerseys and fisherman jerseys. Those have redeeming value because of their overall quirkyness and because they are rare. The black islanders alternate is pretty much an exhibit on how to make an ugly jersey, they arent quirky or unique. I doubt they will ever be in the same league as those 90s gems.

Helmets should ALWAYS match in hockey if the uni color is black or navy. Just adds to the hideousness of that whole ensemble.

Takes a very strong set and knocks it down a couple pegs. Awful.

General rule is that the helmet matches the pants (unless it's a white helmet) The only exception to this is the Blue Jackets (blue helmet, red pants)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Helmets should ALWAYS match in hockey if the uni color is black or navy. Just adds to the hideousness of that whole ensemble.

General rule is that the helmet matches the pants (unless it's a white helmet) The only exception to this is the Blue Jackets (blue helmet, red pants)

or the Rangers...

or the Rangers...

I knew I was forgetting someone!

As for how you solve it:

ana03a-marchant.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I don't know if this has been brought up but, the Dallas Stars retired thier third jersey this year.

I noticed they haven't worn them yet so I e-mailed the website and this was the response I got.

Thanks for the email. The Dallas Stars are not using an alternate uniform this season. The design with the arched Dallas and sweater number on the front is used in both the home and away versions.

Thanks for your email and support of Dallas Stars Hockey.

Go Stars!

Thats too bad. I really like the logo on the front of the jersey much more than those crappy "Dallas" wordmarks. Furthermore I'll miss those green texas patches the team wore on the shoulders as a secondary logo. Now it does not appear at all on the uniforms. :mad:

Wow. This news, and your post, kinda fell through the cracks, but it caught my eye. This is TERRIBLE news. That was the only not-SO-terrible jersey in the bunch. None are good, but that was the least offensive. Unreal. Is there any hope in Big D that the new owner will seek fans' input / go green? Or will his arrival be too late in the calendar year to affect change (isn't there a 12/1 deadline for uniform changes?) ???

I realize that with 11,000 fans in the arena on a soft, fan-friendly evening (day before T-giving), you have bigger fish to fry, but I know the team has rehired its original marketing director, and this team's overall look MUST BE CHANGED.

Was at the game.

Hated it the entire time. From the crowd to the ice, everyone looked the :censored:ing same.

The Bolts new identity sucks so hard, and after this game they need to wake up and realize they need more black and silver. The blue and white isn't cutting it. There is no other two teams that look this identical, Stevie Y screwed the pooch on this one.

I think both teams' looks are solid. Yes, Tampa should incorporate those great socks/pants and more black/silver, but if they don't, it's still a strong identity. Same with the Leafs.

I think you are forgetting that when these two teams (below) clash, it looks like an intrasquad game, too. However, both teams' looks are great. One does the yolks. The other goes sans yolks. Seems like a fair trade-off.

Intrasquad practice?

Was at the game.

Hated it the entire time. From the crowd to the ice, everyone looked the :censored:ing same.

The Bolts new identity sucks so hard, and after this game they need to wake up and realize they need more black and silver. The blue and white isn't cutting it. There is no other two teams that look this identical, Stevie Y screwed the pooch on this one.

I think both teams' looks are solid. Yes, Tampa should incorporate those great socks/pants and more black/silver, but if they don't, it's still a strong identity. Same with the Leafs.

I think you are forgetting that when these two teams (below) clash, it looks like an intrasquad game, too. However, both teams' looks are great. One does the yolks. The other goes sans yolks. Seems like a fair trade-off.

Intrasquad practice?

It's not really a strong identity when it can be easily confused with another team that established that look long before-hand.

Touches of silver and black would/will go a long way in separating the two teams, but for now, the two look far too alike, especially being two teams in the same conference. Can you imagine if these two meet in the playoffs this year?

spacer.png

Was at the game.

Intrasquad practice?

It's not really a strong identity when it can be easily confused with another team that established that look long before-hand.

Touches of silver and black would/will go a long way in separating the two teams, but for now, the two look far too alike, especially being two teams in the same conference. Can you imagine if these two meet in the playoffs this year?

I hear ya. The Oilers/ Isles Stanley Cup Finals certainly clashed, of course, too...

With these two teams in 2001, at least their striping pattern is different. When the teams are separate, I don't have that much trouble ID'ing them. I think the TB blue is brighter, too. They are certainly related. I'm a big MLB fan, too, and if you couldn't have "similar" colors/ themes, the whole league would be fined. The entire MLB is blue/white, red/white. red/white/blue.

What will your opinion be if the Sabres eventually go royal and yellow (with navy accents, let's say), and the Blues have "ownership" over royal and yellow (with touches of navy) ???

Tampa and Toronto blues are the same. Colorwerx has confirmed this numerous times.

Back to the Isles for a second: WOuld it have been so hard for them to match the nameplate font with the font they used for "ISLANDERS" on the front"? Jesus, that's awful.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wow. This news, and your post, kinda fell through the cracks, but it caught my eye. This is TERRIBLE news. That was the only not-SO-terrible jersey in the bunch. None are good, but that was the least offensive. Unreal. Is there any hope in Big D that the new owner will seek fans' input / go green? Or will his arrival be too late in the calendar year to affect change (isn't there a 12/1 deadline for uniform changes?) ???

I realize that with 11,000 fans in the arena on a soft, fan-friendly evening (day before T-giving), you have bigger fish to fry, but I know the team has rehired its original marketing director, and this team's overall look MUST BE CHANGED.

Hardly terrible news, all three jerseys the Stars have used since the Edge Rollout have looked atrocious in my book. At least we finally get to see one of them retired. Hopefully the other two aren't far behind.

Archived