NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

You know what I hate most about the Isles jersey...it's the gray shoulder yoke. I found a knockoff that uses white, and it improves it a little:

2011119164830855.jpg

Still an ugly mistake of a 3rd though.

Worst China fake ever. Shoulder patches are off, and so are the arms.

Does it even matter? I wouldn't take the real deal or the fake if it was free. This thing is that bad.

70389454.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terribad's not exactly new, and I'd say it sums up those horrific unis. Good god, what a sacrilege.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

After those jerseys, I just want to know why my teams hate me?

I don't care about the Isles colors using black and gray. I'm not opposed to that at all, as much as I'd prefer orange. But that basketball style jersey with the number? Live they look even worse. Zero effort. Move a logo to the shoulder and take the most bland font. The Isles really need a second logo like they used to have with the light house logo.

They don't want my money at all do they?

The Bolts have enough of my money from season tickets and past purchases. But I am not purchasing a single shirt/hat/etc. with that crappy logo. The jersey they gave us? Sitting in my closet.

I was thinking at the game, what team is stupid enough to copy colors and simplicity like that to the point where you can't tell what teams fans are in the stands? I'm looking at the banners of teams, and even similar team colors can be differentiated. It's just pathetic, and unfortunately they aren't going away any time soon. The only thing going away with be the current thirds soon. :censored: you Yzerman and Vinik.

2ly2w09.jpg

I've really grown on the Lightning logo and while I know that it's very simple and almost generic looking, I think it's quite bold and identifiable. In 10 years time I think it will be an iconic logo depending on how successful the team is during that period. I still have issues with the blue and white though. They should add black and silver even if it's just a small amount - it needs something.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Have you seen the ad for the NHL "Thanksgiving Showdown" game with Boston and Detroit. The ad shows both teams in their dark jerseys, do you think they will actually do this? For this one game and with a red (white trim) team vs. a black (gold, white trim) team I think it could work.

I wish that would happen, but alas, it's probably NBC's way of showing the country these two teams in their most recognizable garb.

Actually, I'm not a B's fan, but if memory serves me, they wear the ugly 3rds for their annual "Black Friday game."

The one thing I enjoy about NBC broadcasting national games is that somehow, they've gotten the message across about the blandness of NHL jerseys in terms of color. No doubt they are pushing for brighter, bolder colors behind the scenes.

I've actually interned at NBC sports, and I'm speaking from experience. Because I was 1 of 2 "hockey guys," I got placed on all hockey-related projects (and even dubbed Mr. Hockey, which I said was taken!!!!) The station is trying to hearken back to the "good old days" when you could ID the Broad Street Bullies/ Rangers/ Islanders/ Blues/ Hawks/ Wings, etc. They are trying to inspire a new audience, of course, but they look at everything (placement of cameras/ lighting in arenas/ team jerseys and how they look juxtaposed against one another). I'm supportive of NBC's efforts. You can say this is all the NHL, but it's not. I'm glad the league has a broadcast partner who is trying to make the game as enjoyable aesthetically.

Simple things like jerseys make people stop on channels for odd reasons. They are looking at all factors. I wouldn't be shocked if the B's brought back their GORGEOUS WC jerseys for a game or two. NBC almost always wants the Flyers in their full orange ensemble. I remember last year, the Rangers wore white at home for an NBC game. If NBC had its wish, the league would look like a lot of us would wish...

Have you seen the ad for the NHL "Thanksgiving Showdown" game with Boston and Detroit. The ad shows both teams in their dark jerseys, do you think they will actually do this? For this one game and with a red (white trim) team vs. a black (gold, white trim) team I think it could work.

I wish that would happen, but alas, it's probably NBC's way of showing the country these two teams in their most recognizable garb.

Actually, I'm not a B's fan, but if memory serves me, they wear the ugly 3rds for their annual "Black Friday game."

The one thing I enjoy about NBC broadcasting national games is that somehow, they've gotten the message across about the blandness of NHL jerseys in terms of color. No doubt they are pushing for brighter, bolder colors behind the scenes.

I've actually interned at NBC sports, and I'm speaking from experience. Because I was 1 of 2 "hockey guys," I got placed on all hockey-related projects (and even dubbed Mr. Hockey, which I said was taken!!!!) The station is trying to hearken back to the "good old days" when you could ID the Broad Street Bullies/ Rangers/ Islanders/ Blues/ Hawks/ Wings, etc. They are trying to inspire a new audience, of course, but they look at everything (placement of cameras/ lighting in arenas/ team jerseys and how they look juxtaposed against one another). I'm supportive of NBC's efforts. You can say this is all the NHL, but it's not. I'm glad the league has a broadcast partner who is trying to make the game as enjoyable aesthetically.

Simple things like jerseys make people stop on channels for odd reasons. They are looking at all factors. I wouldn't be shocked if the B's brought back their GORGEOUS WC jerseys for a game or two. NBC almost always wants the Flyers in their full orange ensemble. I remember last year, the Rangers wore white at home for an NBC game. If NBC had its wish, the league would look like a lot of us would wish...

Yes! Almost every other "Winter Classic" competitor kept their WC jersey around as an alt or it became the basis for new home and away jerseys. The bruins had one of the best "Winter Classic" jerseys and yet they still use the boring and unnecessary black alt.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Yes! Almost every other "Winter Classic" competitor kept their WC jersey around as an alt or it became the basis for new home and away jerseys. The bruins had one of the best "Winter Classic" jerseys and yet they still use the boring and unnecessary black alt.

And it would add Brown to the mix as far as unique NHL color sets go...

I'm in full agreement. As much as I despise everything Bruins related with every fibre of my being, the Bruins Winter Classic jersey is simply one of the most spectacular designs ever to grace the ice in the Reebok Era. How it did not replace the painfully bland current alts is beyond me.

wcbergeronlarge.jpg

Beautiful design.

After watching them in action, I've just realized how horrid the Stars' jerseys are. There is literally no creativity whatsoever. What on Earth were they thinking when they ditched that logo? It was a classic. hell, Minnesota even wore it! I hope they have something new in mind for next season. Any rumours about them possibly doing so?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

On Boston:

I'm thinking maybe they just didn't want another spoked B in the logo set, so they retired the jersey in favor of the fauxback logo?

Yet the Toronto Maple Leafs have had three different Maple Leaf crests in the last two years. That didn't do any harm to them, right?

This is the only true reason why the Bruins decided to stick with the current bland alt instead of going with the great WC set: It's because they're dumb.

After watching them in action, I've just realized how horrid the Stars' jerseys are. There is literally no creativity whatsoever. What on Earth were they thinking when they ditched that logo? It was a classic. hell, Minnesota even wore it! I hope they have something new in mind for next season. Any rumours about them possibly doing so?

Those jerseys have the double whammy of being worn during a really bad period in team history, and being really really poorly designed. I imagine they are gone next year.

Those jerseys have the double whammy of being worn during a really bad period in team history, and being really really poorly designed. I imagine they are gone next year.

What happened to the plans to introduce a kelly green alternate jersey with a classic inspired logo? Last I've heard is that they postponed those plans till next year, but no one really confirmed that next year would be the year either.

Archived