NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

The Wild could have been named the North Stars again, but it would be too similar to Dallas. Hence the new name.

That, to me, is a crime against humanity.

The Armenian genocide, the Holocaust, the Minnesota Wild.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ReebokJerseyTagPossible.png

Reebok script logo on the back of jerseys next year?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

They've been doing that in Europe for a while now, but UniWatch said last year that it wasn't going to happen...could it have only been pushed back a year? I sure hope not...but why would EA Sports have that if they weren't told it was going to happen?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Here's something I found interesting today from the Panthers presser that introduced new head coach Kevin Dineen. The backdrop behind the panel and the podium were red, and featured the normal leaping Panther logo:

screenshot20110601at111.png

I could be jumping to conclusions here, but considering they've plastered EVERYTHING related to the marketing of the team with the 3rd jersey circle logo and blue on blue color scheme in the past year(website, advertisements, giveaways, marketing vans, inflatable games, etc.), this seems to suggest to me that the Cats may be returning to a red sweater and (god willing) getting rid of the Pens-ripoff 3rd jersey.

Also their offseason logo features red and the traditional logo:

DraftBox-312-2011.jpg

If they intend on making the circular logo and dual-blue color set the full on identity, as has been rumored and has seemed inevitable considering the heavy use of it this past year, it would make no sense to heavily use red and the classic logo for their offseason marketing. Man I hope I'm right on this. I'll be first in line to buy a new red Cats sweater.

That is because Red is coming back!

From Icethetics...

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/6/1/loose-threads-red-and-the-rest.html

The Panthers old Red jersey was a modern classic... I just hope they don't get to cute with the design and keep it more or less the same as the originals. Not sure how those angular shoulder yokes would translate though...

From Icethetics...

The Panthers old Red jersey was a modern classic... I just hope they don't get to cute with the design and keep it more or less the same as the originals. Not sure how those angular shoulder yokes would translate though...

HOW DID I MISS THIS?????? SWEET JUMPING VANBIESBROUCK!! I am a happy man!! Thanks for the link!

Even if they just make a red version of the current Edge white/blue sweaters I'm down.

Finally I can get rid of my protest sig lol.

From Icethetics...

HOW DID I MISS THIS?????? SWEET JUMPING VANBIESBROUCK!! I am a happy man!! Thanks for the link!

Even if they just make a red version of the current Edge white/blue sweaters I'm down.

Finally I can get rid of my protest sig lol.

Ah, one gets rid of their sig for their Florida team, one starts one for his Florida team lol. Congrats.

I love the red for the Panthers, glad it's coming back.

Hopefully it doesn't take the Bolts that long to realize their new identity blows chunks.

2ly2w09.jpg

I am all for having two Stars, it works with the Sox in baseball...Wild is the worst nickname in all of sports.

There are two Sox teams because they have been around for 110 years, during an era where branding wasn't as important. Besides, they both have adjetives in their names. Two Stars teams might be more acceptable if they were the Northstars and Lonestars (which they should have been to begin with), but that ship has sailed.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Didn't see this follow-up posted here. George Richards confirmed the red on his Miami Herald blog on May 31 (saw that some questioned his tweet a few pages back):

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2011/05/rocking-the-red-florida-panthers-return-to-their-roots.html

The red is back -- with the original Panther as a bonus. Love it.

EDIT: Bah! Didn't realize it was the basis for the whole Icethetics post that was linked. Figures.

Disagree

A red version of the current Edge sweater is simply not good enough for me. It's an awful, generic looking template that wouldn't do the original jersey justice. In fact there is no reason why hem and sleeve striping shouldn't be exactly the same as it was. They can replace the angular yoke with one akin to the double blue thirds though.

Disagree

A red version of the current Edge sweater is simply not good enough for me. It's an awful, generic looking template that wouldn't do the original jersey justice. In fact there is no reason why hem and sleeve striping shouldn't be exactly the same as it was. They can replace the angular yoke with one akin to the double blue thirds though.

Oh I really hope the old school striping and yoke and all that makes a full return. But I'd happily settle for the Edge in red. The simple fact that red is coming back, complete with the leaping Cat on the front, is enough to make me happy considering that a total rebrand to the circular logo seemed like a lock just a few months back. I don't mind the Edge sweaters as much as some people, I own one of the white ones.

On a side note, last Saturday at the Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. Montréal Impact game, the Panthers had their marketing van with NHL 11 out at the tailgate festivities, and every time I walked past they had the Panthers playing in the throwback red sweaters. I found it pleasant but odd considering the light blue van wrap etc. I guess they were hinting at the new look for next year.

I guess the Panthers are finally doing something right. Have the fans been clamoring for a return to red? I can't imagine the lightblue thirds are all that popular.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I guess the Panthers are finally doing something right. Have the fans been clamoring for a return to red? I can't imagine the lightblue thirds are all that popular.

I know we sure have. I have seen a lot of complaints on different boards about the baby blue, and a lot more love for the red.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I guess so. I know I've been pestering them about it. Before the thirds were unveiled, most were hoping for a red alt, and we got the light blues instead.

They sold a decent amount of the light blue thirds, but people either hate them or love them. I imagine any of the hardcore fans still left from the early days of the franchise (like myself) hate them. The thirds do not fit at all with the rest of the team identity so they had to make a choice, make it the full time look or stick with the original. It appears they've made the right choice.

I thought the red and yellow looked better on navy blue than navy blue and yellow did on red. Either way, it's a solid, perfectly acceptable color palette. Can't get worked up one way or the other. It's the Panthers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived