NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

That's exactly what I'm saying. You know how the cut of a CCM jersey is, the shoulders are a separate piece of fabric that helps create the shape of the jersey. In the pic below, there is a seam running right through the middle of the shoulders, right dead center, on the Caps jersey, which has no yoke, and the Bruins jersey, which does. That seam never existed before because the yoke was one piece of fabric. I think the jerseys were designed to be yokeless, and only the traditional look of the yoke keeps the look going at all.

bruins_caps_shoulder.jpg

Problem is, I don't own an Edge jersey either. Anybody care to turn one inside-out and post a pic to prove or disprove what I'm saying here?

You are incorrect sir.

The Edge Uniform System has a large number of different templates. The ones that don't use a shoulder yoke (like the two you posted) do not have a seperate panel for it. However jerseys that have shoulder yokes do. There are even a few Edge jerseys without shoulder yokes that have a seperate panel like the canucks one below. All dependent on the template.

p3230904.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly what I'm saying. You know how the cut of a CCM jersey is, the shoulders are a separate piece of fabric that helps create the shape of the jersey. In the pic below, there is a seam running right through the middle of the shoulders, right dead center, on the Caps jersey, which has no yoke, and the Bruins jersey, which does. That seam never existed before because the yoke was one piece of fabric. I think the jerseys were designed to be yokeless, and only the traditional look of the yoke keeps the look going at all.

bruins_caps_shoulder.jpg

Problem is, I don't own an Edge jersey either. Anybody care to turn one inside-out and post a pic to prove or disprove what I'm saying here?

You are incorrect sir.

The Edge Uniform System has a large number of different templates. The ones that don't use a shoulder yoke (like the two you posted) do not have a seperate panel for it. However jerseys that have shoulder yokes do. There are even a few Edge jerseys without shoulder yokes that have a seperate panel like the canucks one below. All dependent on the template.

p3230904.jpg

Huh. I stand corrected. Is there any rhyme or reason as to which ones have actual yokes?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

bruins_caps_shoulder.jpg

You are incorrect sir.

p3230904.jpg

No idea where you got that picture from. Real Canuck jerseys have the middle seam running down through the yoke: example

OttawaSenators.png

The Flyers on-ice original EDGE jerseys had the seam down the sleeve even though there normally wouldn't be a need for one there based on their design. I always wondered about that - then 5 seconds after it went off the screen I forgot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

any news on the Isles 3rd?

away_jersey-1975_big.jpg

Wait are you saying this is potentially the direction the Isles will go in? Or do you think they'd wear this jersey? Because I believe the Scouts are now the NJ Devils.

away_jersey-1975_big.jpg

I assume you haven't seen how terrible Kansas City's ratings have been for the Finals/how poor their attendance was for the preseason game with the Isles, right?

(Yeah, if the team's leaving the island, it's probably Quebec City time. Or Hamilton. Or Seattle. Or anywhere else besides KC at this point)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Well, this topic certainly isn't...

(puts on sunglasses)

what it seams.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I lol'ed. love it!

...had me in stitches!

I see what you did there! hahaha

You can see rather clearly that there's no yoke on Fleury's jersey

MarcAndreFleury.jpg

Which is one of the reasons why I figured it was just tacked-on.

Which teams have seams, which teams don't? I don't think this is an authentic/replica thing based on that Canucks example having a yoke, even if it has the seam (though it's possible that replicas that have a yoke are seamless). Could this be an Edge 1.0/2.0 issue? Are equipment managers requesting double-layers on the shoulders so they last longer? Any ideas?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

away_jersey-1975_big.jpg

I assume you haven't seen how terrible Kansas City's ratings have been for the Finals/how poor their attendance was for the preseason game with the Isles, right?

(Yeah, if the team's leaving the island, it's probably Quebec City time. Or Hamilton. Or Seattle. Or anywhere else besides KC at this point)

KC has been perusing an NHL/NBA team, and like it or not they are a front runner for the sole fact they have an arena. None of the cities you listed have a "state of the art" arena, or even have real plans to get one. Quebec is trying, but not succeeding.

Archived