NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

panthersred.png

Q and D photoshop. I think I like the blues better. Well, I don't know. I like the contrast between the red jersey and red pants, between the red jersey and blue yoke/helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is what I'm going to miss the most from the Thrashers...

9-EVANDER%20KANE-HOME.jpg

I really liked the uniqueness of the single-sleeved wordmark home jersey and their whole Blueland theme in general. And with the Penguins dumping their powder blue alternates for their navy WC jersey, there will be no more powder blue jerseys left in the NHL next season.

While I applaud the Trashers' Thrashers creativity, I think they gave up too quickly on their navy blue set. With a less busy striping pattern and using their base bird/stick logo, it could have really worked. This does give us one less light blue, navy blue combo to look at.(i.e:Columbus,Florida, Pittsburgh)

Well thats what happens when you have pucked up owners.... i really enjoyed the 'batwing' jersey

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

panthersred.png

Q and D photoshop. I think I like the blues better. Well, I don't know. I like the contrast between the red jersey and red pants, between the red jersey and blue yoke/helmets.

Looks nice, but why can't this just be Edge-afied?

Panthers02.png

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

panthersred.png

Looks nice, but why can't this just be Edge-afied?

Panthers02.png

Yep, this is a great set right here. I really like the way the yellow pops on the red jersey sleeve striping, and I prefer the white stroke between the red numbers and navy outer outline, compared to the lack of that white outline on the current roads. Plus, I feel like the red jersey - navy helmet - navy pants is a great look and its underused in the NHL, the Capitals do it and the Canadiens have royal instead of navy. The Panthers have the potential to really upgrade their look with this jersey so I hope they get it right.

Goddamn, I forgot how good that jersey looked.

So question, people- how is the Moose logo "too detailed" but that jumping panther gets a pass? Curious.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So question, people- how is the Moose logo "too detailed" but that jumping panther gets a pass? Curious.

Funny - I was going to post about how I never liked the jumping Panther logo. Something much simpler would work much better on that template IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pics of the actual jersey do it far more justice:

2761610520100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Anything thing less than this edgified is a failure. I own an Authentic version of this jersey and even the pic's charger posted (Beautiful as they are) do not do it justice. Beautiful Jersey. Oh and that Photoshop of the edge jersey is awful... Sorry.

Well, for one, the Panther only has four colors - gold, navy, white and red. The only shading is with the navy shadow (though I don't care for the half-face-dark logos). The Moose has 8 colors, I believe. Despite a huge amount of shading on the moose head, there is still dead black space on the side of his jaw. Also, the panther is making a hissing face which cats actually make, while the moose has a default '90s "ultra x-treme" pissed off animal face. I am not crazy about the Panthers' logo by any means, I just think it's better than the Moose's. Not to take anything away from the designer of the moose, as he/she is clearly talented, but I just don't like the logo much.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The RoughRiders (with and without spaces) worked because they played in the same league for decades under those names in an era where branding wasn't as critical.

More specifically, the Ottawa Rough Riders and the Saskatchewan Roughriders were in separate leagues and never played against each other until the CFL formed as a merger in 1958 and both had long histories with those names by that time (Sask since 1910 and Ottawa since 1876).

Wait, that awful panther gets a pass?

Panthers logo looks great, a modern classic. I fail to see anything wrong with it.

Well, for one, the Panther only has four colors - gold, navy, white and red. The only shading is with the navy shadow (though I don't care for the half-face-dark logos). The Moose has 8 colors, I believe. Despite a huge amount of shading on the moose head, there is still dead black space on the side of his jaw. Also, the panther is making a hissing face which cats actually make, while the moose has a default '90s "ultra x-treme" pissed off animal face. I am not crazy about the Panthers' logo by any means, I just think it's better than the Moose's. Not to take anything away from the designer of the moose, as he/she is clearly talented, but I just don't like the logo much.

That right there is a pretty damn good rebuttal.

90758391980.gif

I'm surprised more people don't get on the Panthers for having a logo that's main color isn't seen anywhere on the uniforms. Especially when the logo is gold and the uniforms are yellow. It's not like the Blackhawks when the logo pretty much needs to be a completely different color.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I love the Panthers logo, always have. I don't think it's too detailed. I've always liked how it appears to be attacking. It's a great perspective for a fierce animal logo. Oh and I think the Moose logo is great too. No complaints here.

Panthers now advertizing the changes, starring Darth Maul Cat.

Screenshot2011-06-06at31754PM.png

starwarsdarthmaul_420x315.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Are the Panthers also getting a new road jersey?

Yes

The Official Reebok Catalog released back in January noted that both the Home and Away jerseys would be changing. Thank god. The Panthers current jerseys are the worst in franchise history... including the Baby Blue.

Archived