JETS WIN

AlletropirRetep

Re: Mets jersey in Philly - Citizens Bank Park + expensive prices + winning team != Veterans Stadium + total losers + relatively cheap tickets and beer. Not saying what may or may not have happened there was right... just that the atmosphere is a lot different now.

As for booing at halftime being "classless" - how??? You're supposed to sit there and be all "golly gee, they're really trying their best, I just hope that nobody gets hurt"? Bullsh t. You pay >$300 for a ticket, plus whatever else they get you for, you have a right to expect a good performance, and to voice your displeasure with the product you just paid to see. Throwing stuff at the players? Spitting on kids? Flipping off 14-year olds? Wrong. Booing a team for a poor performance? Fine.

This.

Too much emphasis is put on "class". In fact, what the hell is "class" anyways? Everyone's individual interpretation of "class" is different, so what comes off as "classless" to one individual would be acceptable by someone else.

Just ask a St. Louis Cardinals fan. :rolleyes:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Mets jersey in Philly - Citizens Bank Park + expensive prices + winning team != Veterans Stadium + total losers + relatively cheap tickets and beer. Not saying what may or may not have happened there was right... just that the atmosphere is a lot different now.

As for booing at halftime being "classless" - how??? You're supposed to sit there and be all "golly gee, they're really trying their best, I just hope that nobody gets hurt"? Bullsh t. You pay >$300 for a ticket, plus whatever else they get you for, you have a right to expect a good performance, and to voice your displeasure with the product you just paid to see. Throwing stuff at the players? Spitting on kids? Flipping off 14-year olds? Wrong. Booing a team for a poor performance? Fine.

This.

Too much emphasis is put on "class". In fact, what the hell is "class" anyways? Everyone's individual interpretation of "class" is different, so what comes off as "classless" to one individual would be acceptable by someone else.

Today we are all classless fans.

BB52Big.jpg

"Thes 'my team is good/your team sux' and 'our fans are great and yours are bad' stuff on this thread is an embarrassment."

-Kevin W.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

When the Chargers travel to the New Meadowlands Stadium in 2011, Lights Out will be 100 percent rooting for the Chargers.

Besides, it's not like there's a rule that says if your team isn't in the playoff, you must not support other teams IN the playoffs.

What's Lights Out supposed to do- not pay attention to the playoffs just because the Bolts didn't make it?

One Jets fans wont be around to see the AFC Championship, but his family should prepare for the Darwin Awards Ceremony.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/staten_island/jets-fan-killed-on-staten-island-20110117-KC#

MYFOXNY.COM - A man struck by a car and killed on Staten Island was reportedly celebrating the New York Jets victory over the New England Patriots when the deadly incident occurred.

Raymond Larsen, 46, apparently decided to ride a make-shift sled down his steep driveway and skidded onto the road.

Neighbors told the Staten Island Advance that they heard a loud sound and then saw Larsen, clad in a New York Jets Mark Sanchez jersey, bleeding from the head, lifeless.

Police responded to a 911 call at 286 Cleveland Avenue. When they arrived around 9 p.m., cops found Larsen unconscious and lying and the street. He was taken to Staten Island University Hospital South where he was pronounced dead, according to the NYPD.

The driver of the 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe was not charged, police said.

The Associated Press described the driver as a 61-year-old woman who happened to be driving her car past the spot when Larsen was hit.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This.

Today we are all classless fans.

Brandon Phillips is not classy, but Yadier Molina, the man whose overreaction caused the brawl of 2010, is. St. Louis baseball fans...

That said, I've told sports fans to keep it classy before, but it was in cases when their behavior was indisputably not classy. These days I'm beginning to think that every fanbase is exactly the same. Some are skewed towards one extreme or the other (such as some being more obnoxious than others), but given a certain circumstance most every fanbase would react similarly.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Made my day:

227190130-e1295391218552.jpg

Great to see the quality of love and hate in this thread. Go Jets.

The only thing that could have guaranteed a Steelers victory more was if they announced Sanchez for the cover of Madden 12 :P

Made my day:

227190130-e1295391218552.jpg

Great to see the quality of love and hate in this thread. Go Jets.

The only thing that could have guaranteed a Steelers victory more was if they announced Sanchez for the cover of Madden 12 :P

I dunno, I think the Jets are better off with Sanchez off of the field.

Blasphemy, I know, but still...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived