Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BENGALS came into the AFL with those black uniforms and orange helmets that just read 'BENGALS' in that boring font. On TV they used to look just like the BROWNS. You didn't see them ever bring those back after the 1981 change. Smart non-move.

I actually like them in those orange jerseys with the white pants .... just needs a bit of tweaking, like the white sidings on the jersey, and the top of the pants striping. Put the pants striping along the jersey sides instead. The very top of the pants converts the Bengal Tiger to white w/ orange stripes, very odd. ... If anyone should go to orange as primary it should be them more so than Denver who's rumored to wanna revert back to orange as primary.

09000d5d81c49907_gallery_600.jpg

You pretty much nailed it with regard to the Bengals. I really enjoy seeing them in the uniform pictured above as well as in the all white. Any combination of the black jersey or black pants makes me cringe. I'm not sure about having the stripes run up the sides of the jersey, but getting rid of the white panel would be a great move. I'd make the pants stripes run all the way to the bottom of the leg, as well.

Also gotta disagree about the old Browns-looking uniforms of 1968-80. I've read several fans on the Bengals boards that would like to see them as the twice-a-year alternate. I spent my childhood dreaming that I'd see those uniforms in the Super Bowl and they missed it by one year. They were plain, but no less attractive than many other uniforms of the past and present.

For me, the picture below is 2 nice looking uniforms:

chadochocinco.jpg

spacer.png

Browns_White_Brown_White.jpg

Browns_White_Orange_White.jpg

Browns_White_White_Orange.jpg

This may be by far the worst idea ever presented on the CCSLC. Good lord!!

That is your opinion...you are entitled to one!

It's doesn't work for the Browns but it's not bad work.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Again, to me the Bills showed zero imagination. Even the blue pants/red socks era (1973)looked better.

Me, I loved the old Toronto Argos boatman jerseys with Jason the Argo on the shoulders (I have a game worn home and away set). I liked the old Patriots flying Elvis logo on the shoulders. I like the old Seahawks wrap around logo on the sleeves. Seahawks were an innovative use of design.

Speaking of the Patriots, I wish they would have adopted the old Ohio Glory logo as a secondary logo and switched that blue to navy.

Sorry Bills fans. You got rooked again by a poor effort amongs NFL Properties and ownership.

Yes. We get it. You only like outrageously hideous designs and have no respect for tradition. Great. Your opinion and you're entitled to it. So can you please stop posting the same damn thing over and over with only the wording changed?

Guess i'm one of the few that likes the Pats current set...

It's a modern classic.

Really? I'd say the Chargers', Texans', Eagles', Falcons', and Panthers' uniforms are "modern classics," and I wouldn't put the Patriots' current joyless mess of a uniform anywhere near that list. (I thought about putting the Jaguars' uniforms on that list, but they need to work in more gold and use teal numbers on the road.)

The Chargers look has to many things that bug me to be considered a classic. The Falcons set is just a generic over-piped/panelled mess. Agreed on the Texans, Eagles, and Panthers though.

I like the Pats look for a few reasons. The first is the navy. See, they use the red, white, and blue colour scheme to reflect the American flag. Well the American flag uses navy, not royal blue. Therefore I prefer the team using the American patriotic nickname (literally) to use the shade of blue actually fond on the flag. I too like the italic-numbered Patriots set, but I would love it even more if it used navy in place of royal.

As for the rest of the look, it's certainly modern, using panels and piping. Yet it's used in a distinct pattern that manages to avoid the generic look that most piped/panelled looks use. The pattern used by the Pats is distinctly theirs. The pattern is also fairly traditional. Over the shoulder stripes, standard straight leg stripes. Yeah, the side panels and the pants striping never matched up, but honestly I was never bugged by that.

Hey Cap, put'em in red jerseys! ;) Ah. Memories.

It's a modern classic.

Really? I'd say the Chargers', Texans', Eagles', Falcons', and Panthers' uniforms are "modern classics," and I wouldn't put the Patriots' current joyless mess of a uniform anywhere near that list. (I thought about putting the Jaguars' uniforms on that list, but they need to work in more gold and use teal numbers on the road.)

The Chargers look has to many things that bug me to be considered a classic. The Falcons set is just a generic over-piped/panelled mess. Agreed on the Texans, Eagles, and Panthers though.

I like the Pats look for a few reasons. The first is the navy. See, they use the red, white, and blue colour scheme to reflect the American flag. Well the American flag uses navy, not royal blue. Therefore I prefer the team using the American patriotic nickname (literally) to use the shade of blue actually fond on the flag. I too like the italic-numbered Patriots set, but I would love it even more if it used navy in place of royal.

As for the rest of the look, it's certainly modern, using panels and piping. Yet it's used in a distinct pattern that manages to avoid the generic look that most piped/panelled looks use. The pattern used by the Pats is distinctly theirs. The pattern is also fairly traditional. Over the shoulder stripes, standard straight leg stripes. Yeah, the side panels and the pants striping never matched up, but honestly I was never bugged by that.

Hey Cap, put'em in red jerseys! ;) Ah. Memories.

Well now. There's no need to censor it THAT much. ^_^

The uniforms are an upgrade, but anything would have been. It's traditional, but I think they could have spiced it up without losing the traditional. I love the idea of the helmet stripe, and I wish they could have used the buffalo motion stripe throghout the uniform. I also really like the double outline numbers. Overall, it's not bad, but it's a bit underwhelming.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Browns_White_Brown_White.jpg

Browns_White_Orange_White.jpg

Browns_White_White_Orange.jpg

This may be by far the worst idea ever presented on the CCSLC. Good lord!!

That is your opinion...you are entitled to one!

It's doesn't work for the Browns but it's not bad work.

Agreed. 100% wrong for the Browns but nice work. Kind of Virginia Tech look which I like.

Agreed. 100% wrong for the Browns but nice work. Kind of Virginia Tech look which I like.

I dunno how you can associate those concepts with Virginia Tech who wears maroon as primary with a burnt orange trim .. :therock:

As far as the BROWNS go, from what I've heard from their majority is their fans seem to be very traditional about their look, and the most I heard out of them is that many would like to see the return of the orange pants option from the Brian Sipe years, and there seems to be much debate between them about their face-mask being white or gray. Most seem to be okay without a logo on the helmet.

I thought they looked good a few years ago when they wore the numbers on the helmet for one of their games, like in 1960 which I commented about the other day.

It's a modern classic.

Chargers? No. Their unis are awful. And the Falcons need only to thank the likes of Minnesota and Cincinnati for their unis not being bottom 2 in the league. I don't know if any of those unis should be considered modern classics, but the closest would be the Panthers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

3ae6b87b-e977-455d-9c96-1b63fa5f9273.jpg

This is the best the Browns have ever looked, IMO.

It's cute how you keep trying this, even though anyone who's spent any decent chunk of time on the boards knows better. You're like an aesthetic willmorris.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived