2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I really don't want to see this, but) I'd kinda like to see the Bawsawx stay winless up until their upcoming series with the Yankees--if only to watch what the Worldwide Hype Machine does with that....

You got your wish... ^_^

and with a 1-0 loss to Cleveland. This is too funny.

It's better than too funny. It's :censored:-ing beautiful. I wouldn't have wasted a dollar on 100-1 odds on the Indians sweeping the Red Sox. Oh well. 0-6 and desperate with the Yankees coming to town. Life is good here in Red Sox Hater Nation.

BB52Big.jpg

And neither are you.

For someone who apparently doesn't like me, you sure do talk about me a lot.

I'm not the one with a track record of making outrageous comments about the teams I follow, nor do I mention them in just about every post I make. I also don't hop from one team's bandwagon to another's as soon as that team's season is finished.

I also talk about you because it gets under your skin. It's the shock-jock mentality I have.....

And neither are you.

For someone who apparently doesn't like me, you sure do talk about me a lot.

I also don't hop from one team's bandwagon to another's as soon as that team's season is finished.

That's not bandwagon-hopping at all. Bandwagon-hopping would be him "becoming" a Lakers fan and cheering for them in the playoffs.

Completely disregarding your :censored:ty NBA team after their long, hopeless, ugly season that's going to be over in less than a week, in order to more closely follow your baseball team at the beginning of their season (because they actually give you an ounce of hope), isn't bandwagoning. I'm doing the same thing right now, too.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Bandwagon-hopping would be him "becoming" a Lakers fan and cheering for them in the playoffs.

Go check out the 2010 NFL Playoffs thread and check out his fandom of the Seahawks and Jets. Dude even had images of those teams in his avatar/signature to go along with his posts.

Bandwagon-hopping would be him "becoming" a Lakers fan and cheering for them in the playoffs.

Go check out the 2010 NFL Playoffs thread and check out his fandom of the Seahawks and Jets. Dude even had images of those teams in his avatar/signature to go along with his posts.

To be fair Hedley, a lot of us did the same thing.

BB52Big.jpg

John Fatkey is gawd-awful.

This may well be against the TOS, but are there any sites out there with a live stream of the game? (Not MLB.tv)

Try Justin.tv or UStream.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I also don't hop from one team's bandwagon to another's as soon as that team's season is finished.

So am I supposed to stop watching the playoffs if my teams are not in them? Really, I'm curious.

Are you going to criticize the numerous other members that made playoff signatures this year, or is it only bad if I do it? I mean, I've earned a lot of the :censored: I take around here, but getting :censored: over stuff that other members also did with no complaints is ridiculous. It was ridiculous at the time, and even more ridiculous now.

And also, how long before I get to stop hearing about stupid crap I posted last season in the college football thread? Or is "Lights Out is a homer, everything he does is wrong" the new "haha, McCall proposed to a dude"?

I also talk about you because it gets under your skin. It's the shock-jock mentality I have.....

But yet, I ignore it most times. It's just getting pretty old. It also derails threads - case in point, this one.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Manny's not gone. If you read the article and understand the suspension, he's taking this year off to avoid the suspension and can play next year. That's right, by "retiring" for a year, that counts as his suspension. It's just Manny being Manny and baseball being baseball (stupid).

Giants gift wrapping a game to the Cards, blown save by Wilson, and when they could've extended the lead earlier, ground into crippling double plays instead.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Manny's not gone. If you read the article and understand the suspension, he's taking this year off to avoid the suspension and can play next year. That's right, by "retiring" for a year, that counts as his suspension. It's just Manny being Manny and baseball being baseball (stupid).

I'm not sure about that. Here's the statement again:

Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment program. Rather than continue with the process under the program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the drug program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter.

To me, that sounds like "the process," which is the suspension, is being halted while he's out of baseball, and cannot be completed until he's reinstated. So the choice was either to miss 100 games now and try to stay in baseball as a 39-year-old who hasn't seen a pitch for two thirds of a season, or just call it a day now and leave with a shred of dignity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Giants gift wrapping a game to the Cards, blown save by Wilson, and when they could've extended the lead earlier, ground into crippling double plays instead.

You sure about that? The Cardinals bullpen blows too, and blown saves should become pretty regular around those parts. They had the Giants down to their last out with a runner on first and blew it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived