2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

What the hell is gargabe?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is gargabe?

The Mets.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The O's are off to their best start since the mid 90's.... 4-0 after a 5-1 win against the Tigers ^_^ I'd better enjoy this for a while.

Don't forget the 1.00 ERA. Let's hope we're not jinxing it. And I agree, I'm watching every pitch while this lasts.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Obviously for the Angels Vernon Wells was a bigger need and better acquisition than Rafael Soriano would have been.

PS Thanks for Mike Napoli.

Yup. And no problem.

Everything else on the Angels (except Kazmir) looks just fine through the first series. It's just that the bullpen (specifically Fernando Rodney) looks like a dumpster fire. But luckily it's just the first series of the year. I want to care and overreact to said dumpster fire, but as of now it's a minor annoyance. Although it is rather disappointing to already be 2.5 games out.

They have a series in Texas followed by a home series against Boston later this month that I'll probably use as the first benchmarks of the season, but really I'll be more concerned once I get back to following the Halos on an in-depth/daily basis in June once the Ducks and Lakers finish up. The start of baseball season is really just a nice change of pace for me while playoff races heat up.

I'll give you a better reaction to trash talk once I have the patience and concentration to get worked up about it :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The O's are off to their best start since the mid 90's.... 4-0 after a 5-1 win against the Tigers ^_^ I'd better enjoy this for a while.

Don't forget the 1.00 ERA. Let's hope we're not jinxing it. And I agree, I'm watching every pitch while this lasts.

I really like what I've seen of the Orioles so far. I watched the game today. Granted, it's only game four but they already look like a vastly improved team compared to where they were. If the O's pitching holds up I think you guys are going to really enjoy this season. Their lineup isn't bad at all. I'm not saying they're going to be a serious contender but they're definitely going to be fun to watch. Buck Showalter has them playing ball.

BB52Big.jpg

I really like what I've seen of the Orioles so far. I watched the game today. Granted, it's only game four but they already look like a vastly improved team compared to where they were. If the O's pitching holds up I think you guys are going to really enjoy this season. Their lineup isn't bad at all. I'm not saying they're going to be a serious contender but they're definitely going to be fun to watch. Buck Showalter has them playing ball.

So all the Orioles have to do is fire him and they'll win the world series the very next year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So all the Orioles have to do is fire him and they'll win the world series the very next year.

Seems reasonable enough.

BB52Big.jpg

Willie Mays, Mark McGwire, and Nelson Cruz.

The only players in MLB history to hit home runs in the first four games of the regular season.

Nelson Cruz a Mets farm hand not given a chance to develop before he was shipped out.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The only players in MLB history to hit home runs in the first four games of the regular season.

Nelson Cruz a Mets farm hand not given a chance to develop before he was shipped out.

And while I really like "Boomstick"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUZKzV4H-0M

Nelson has never played more than 128 games or had more than 515 PA in his career.

Boomstick + Hamilton = OF Injury Trouble

You really do turn everything into an excuse to bash the Mets, don't you?

Here's another one for you: The Rangers are in the AL West. One of their divisional rivals is the Oakland Athletics. Oakland's general manager from 1983-1997 was none other than Sandy Alderson, who is now with the Mets as a bum that needs to be FIRED!!!!111one

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Seems that Angels fans complaints have already been heard.

4 games and 5 days into the season, Mike Scioscia has removed Fernando Rodney from the closer role. Josh Walden will close for the Halos for the time being.

Walden was always tagged as the closer of the future. Let's see what happens.

4 games and 5 days into the season, Mike Scioscia has removed Fernando Rodney from the closer role. Josh Walden will close for the Halos for the time being.

Let's hope Jepsen turns his :censored: around, or just stops throwing the cutter.

On the plus side, can we start saying POWie Kendrick yet? :D

Let's hope Jepsen turns his :censored: around, or just stops throwing the cutter.

On the plus side, can we start saying POWie Kendrick yet? :D

Yeah, I gotta hope that there is a similar track to what happened on the other side of the 57, when the Ducks just flat out :censored: the bed in their first 3 games and turned it back around. As it's always said it's a long season.

As far as Howie and the offense goes, there is definitely nothing wrong there. WOW. Howie is on fire. I've seen his power just never truly consistent. If he can stay on this track, I am all in on this offense. Hank Conger made his first step towards his "Hammerin" namesake today with his first MLB homer. Bourjos is racing around the bases. I'm loving the way those half of the innings look.

And Weaver is having another awesome outing today. Only problem is he's throwing a lot of pitches, and the Halos might just have to try the bullpen one more time.

Well, the Rays sure are off to a torrid start this year. After getting swept by the O's, we're now getting crushed by the bullpen-free Angels. Ugh.

Don't worry just yet. It's only 5-1 and you just might have to see that bullpen.

Archived