2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I know it's only five games in...but I'd just like to take this time to throw a bone of congratulations to the...Kansas City Royals for getting off to a 4-1 start, some of those Ws being of the walk-off variety. And this without Greinke.

Like I said, it ain't but five games in, but still...for one of the most (recently) hapless clubs in the bigs, this at least has to feel a little bit good to somebody out there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I always pull for the Royals a little bit in the back of my head, or maybe the back of my heart. It hurts me to see Kansas City be so perennially uncompetitive now after what they used to be, while the Island of Misfit Pitchers on the other side of the state is still going strong. Kauffman Stadium was beautiful before the renovation, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Didn't the Royals start 13-0 or something like that not too long ago? I can remember pulling for that team all season and I think they ultimately finished with a winning record.

I'm with you guys, I'm a supporter of the royals for no reason other than the deck is so stacked against them. I'd do the same for the Pirates, but Pittsburgh needs at least one :censored:ty team lest they become even more unbearable.

edit: just looked it up. It was 2003. They started 9-0, but won 16 of their first 20. They finished 83-79, and were first in the division for 92 days. Since then they've won 58, 56, 62, 69, 75, 65, and 67 games. The year before that season they won 62 games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Going to my first Yankees game of the season tomorrow, should be pretty good. I get to miss school but I'm also seeing AJ Burnett pitch. The big game of this series is tonight though, the Twins can prove that they can beat the Yankees in New York, something that hasn't happened in a while.

Nice timing for the M's... Drop the chance to sweep Oakland out of their own park only to run headlong into the Rangers and their (shockingly) good slugger in... Nelson Cruz? Really?

Never would of imagined him as a slugger, you know.

Nice timing for the M's... Drop the chance to sweep Oakland out of their own park only to run headlong into the Rangers and their (shockingly) good slugger in... Nelson Cruz? Really?

Never would of imagined him as a slugger, you know.

So you just... don't follow baseball, or what?

He's kind of always been a slugger.

I am absolutely loving every minute of the Sawxpocalypse.

Same here. We're probably two losses away from a classic 22 paragraph Gingerbreadmann "this is personal now" rant. I think the Red Sox going 10-17 would be a fine record for the month of April.

Then there's this; no team has ever made the World Series after starting 0-4. I'm not saying the Red Sox are already finished. I'm just hoping that I can say "No team has ever made the World Series after starting 0-4" again this time next year.

BB52Big.jpg

Now do you guys realize why I hope Joe Blanton snaps his femur in half every time he takes the mound? Seriously, if a multi-million-dollar contract doesn't give you the motivation to get in shape and not be a fat slob, then you should really consider just ending it, because you clearly don't care about anything and are probably a miserable person who drowns his misery in fried chicken. It seems like more and more pitchers are taking line drives to the skull and missing time for concussions lately, yet this guy never gets drilled. Maybe if they put some ketchup on the ball he'd throw his face in front of it. No team will win anything with Joe Blanton as it's fifth starter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Reds might be the team to beat this year. Could we possibly be seeing 162-0?

I like your optimism Will, but I think 140-22 is more realistic.

To tell the truth, I see the Reds winning the division at 105-57. Never know when you're still unbeaten, just how long you can ride the streak.

LvZYtbZ.png

The Reds might be the team to beat this year. Could we possibly be seeing 162-0?

You must have the same facebook friends as me.

And the Rangers will surely do it too, so we'll look forward to.. that World Series.

Hey, it's been exciting....but let's slow down. Week one buddy.

newsig.jpg

Archived