Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

well, I was basically implying the whole uniform set.

and, eh, I don't like when Tech claims navy blue is an accent color when the majority of the athletics wear it, sometimes in dominance, it's pretty much an OFFICIAL color as far as I'm concerned.

for instance, the baseball team's home uniforms barely have any gold. not even the lids are gold, like the football team.

but, with that said, I welcome it when Tech wears navy blue because it usually looks really great!

CIMG7619.jpg

but you are right: those navy ones worn in the GA Dome were by far the worst. But I'm writing in GT's entire set in 2008 as being the worst they've worn, so both will be included

they use navy as the colors for the same reason the Saints no longer use gold numbers on their aways, unfortunately we don't have coaches like O'Leary telling announcers to shove it and continue wearing gold (I'm convinced he made the switch from the 2000 font to the 2001 font just to rub it in their faces, as one of the first things he did at UCF was make their numbers gold on the aways and white on the golds (which were adopted as the home jerseys temporarily getting rid of the black ones)).

Name me a baseball team that has ever worn gold lids regularly, and I'll concede that you make a good point in that category. Unfortunately we've gotten away from wearing gold for our name (Navy was only used for the numbers/name on the alternates until a few years ago).

Until they change the lyrics in our Fight Songs to include navy or black (which was our accent color throughout the '50s, '60s, late '70s and most of the '80s) all they will ever be are accent colors (i.e. all they will ever be are accent colors).

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the gold helmets/navy jerseys/white pants look as well; the 80s and 90s look (that included a shared national championship) was fantastic. My issue is with the equipment manager: Why the two different number fonts? Take a look at Scott and Lyons in that photo, and the different 2's. Fix the number font, bring back the navy jerseys, and all will be good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hayden Fry took over in the 70's when Pittsburgh was the dominant team in the AFC and Iowa was struggling. So he decided to look like a winner and switched to the Pittsburgh style uniforms

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love the gold helmets/navy jerseys/white pants look as well; the 80s and 90s look (that included a shared national championship) was fantastic. My issue is with the equipment manager: Why the two different number fonts? Take a look at Scott and Lyons in that photo, and the different 2's. Fix the number font, bring back the navy jerseys, and all will be good.

The twos are probably different because, technically, that's the 2009 set. They still wore them in 2010, but only once each (they wore gold against NC State). They probably ordered more jerseys for freshmen or something (I actually have no idea, I'm just taking the opportunity to rail against the different white jerseys in the 2010 set).

Hayden Fry took over in the 70's when Pittsburgh was the dominant team in the AFC and Iowa was struggling. So he decided to look like a winner and switched to the Pittsburgh style uniforms

He actually asked the Steelers, and they gave him permission and even sent replica helmets and jerseys to help Iowa in the design process.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The twos are probably different because, technically, that's the 2009 set. They still wore them in 2010, but only once each (they wore gold against NC State). They probably ordered more jerseys for freshmen or something (I actually have no idea, I'm just taking the opportunity to rail against the different white jerseys in the 2010 set).

Georgia Tech have traditionally had different number 2's on their uniforms. No clue why they couldn't fix that over the years. I think the only mistake they worry about now is mixing home jerseys with away jerseys! LOL!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Funny they used Nebraska's Memorial Stadium for the background of the OU uniform history

Memorial_Statium_Husker_Nation.gif

Heh. Good catch - you can even see that the end zone says "NEBRASKA".

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

44403_Nike_College_Football_Uniforms.jpg

While I agree that the uniform isn't very good (mainly because there is very little contrast between the black and navy) I really like those numbers. And I think that if you put those numbers on the regular home/away set it would look really good.

jNTsTyQ.png

Meh, the USC black uniform rumor seems to pop up every year now and it still hasn't happened. Kiffin has quite plainly said that he needed to do things to get kids focused on Tenn that he doesn't need to do at USC; I hope wearing black uniforms is one of those things.

Archived