Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

I hate this stupid BFBS term. First of all, Black is a neutral color, just like white or gray. It can be used with anything, so people might as well say there's a lot of those damn white jerseys in sports! and gray in baseball.

also, FSU has black in it's logo last time I checked. I guess their PC uniforms had a lot of Red for Red Sake

I don't mean this as an insult to you, since you are a fellow Browns fan. But rather a vent about how annoying it is to hear people cry about it every two seconds around here, when there's nothing wrong with it!

So if he wasn't a Browns fan, you would mean this as an insult?

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this stupid BFBS term. First of all, Black is a neutral color, just like white or gray. It can be used with anything, so people might as well say there's a lot of those damn white jerseys in sports! and gray in baseball.

also, FSU has black in it's logo last time I checked. I guess their PC uniforms had a lot of Red for Red Sake

I don't mean this as an insult to you, since you are a fellow Browns fan. But rather a vent about how annoying it is to hear people cry about it every two seconds around here, when there's nothing wrong with it!

So if he wasn't a Browns fan, you would mean this as an insult?

Indeed.

To make a long story short: gray was used in baseball because white uniforms got too dirty with no laundry facility readily available, white was a necessity for football and basketball when black and white was the only television option. Both have stuck around per tradition.

I understand this may be an agree to disagree sentiment, but the reason I'm against the overuse of black is because it blots out the school's identity under an inky cloud of generic color.

Granted the FSU's Seminole head logo has black in it, but many logos are drawn with some black as a supporting color. For example: Boston College, Buffalo, East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Miami (OH), Middle Tennessee, NC State, Navy, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Ohio, Ohio State, Tulsa, UAB, Western Kentucky, and Wisconsin. To me this seems like a weak argument for including black as the primary color of the FSU jersey.

Since you disliked the previous term, I shall introduce a new, more precise one. Using black as the dominant color on the Florida State uniform is clearly a case of BFF (black for fashion). All that being said, I agree FSU's black jersey is among the worst the 'Noles have worn.

Go Cougs.

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

I think the all-black was visually appealing, but it was black for the sake of black, though FSU attempted to tie it into the Seminole Nation flag. So I'm gonna nominate these as the worst. Didn't like the jersey trim at all.

1209_large.jpg

They had one game in the early 1980's ('82-'85?) in which they wore all gold. I remember reading about it in the Sunday edition of the Tampa Tribune the following day and there was only one photo in black and white. It was before the "Puntrooski" game in '88 when they wore white pants for the first time I could remember.

That won't last if the rumors of black pants and helmets are true.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Virginia-Cavaliers-Football-Uniforms.jpg

Virginia is easy for me. I loved their previous uniforms with the logo on the sleeves and the classic pants, striped socks. One of the better ones in my book. The new ones took away their entire identity and replaced it with generic mush.

What? No WAY those are the worst uniform in UVA history. I think they're quite nice. Sure the template is generic, but it's a great traditional look. A whole lot of possible combos, too.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Boise State:

smurfturf.jpg

The late-'90s look. The helmet script was clearly an attempt to rip off the Gators, there's no striping anywhere, and the wordmark was gigantic. They looked like a low-budget Pop Warner team. It didn't help matters that they had to wear this ridiculously cartoony and ugly conference logo:

BigWestConference_100.png

As a Bronco fan, i agree with a few uniforms, but that is a clear helmet rip off of Florida.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I think you meant to post that in the best college football uniforms thread. ^_^

They actually wore those against Bowling Green, and were really goofy.

250812.jpg

Looking at their helmet history, I doubt it was their actual worst-

11helmets.jpg

When Barry took over, the logo changed, and they've kept the same set since. I think it's one of the best in college football.

For the Horns, I'm going to go with the Tommy Nobis era (early 60's) unis that featured a "TEXAS" script visible from outer space. These only lasted a few years before Texas temporarily dropped the script, only to bring it back in a much more pleasant size and font. Texas also wore unis in the 40's that featured a much brighter orange, as burnt orange dye was apparently not available during the war effort.

tommisnobis_display_image.jpg?1290906095TommyNobis.jpg

Those Texas uniforms are not game uniforms, they were photo jerseys only used for publicity shots.

As for SMU, these 1973-75 uniforms are terrible:

469669287_o.jpg?nc=256

LehQRaC.png

nice find for SMU! I want to reiterate though, from my post on the last page. I want to get this organized and knock it out by conference.

ACC. ACC!

So far I need a good find for Duke (need to find a HQ photo of the blue and black high schoolish uniforms from 2003-2004)

and Wake Forest.

The rest have been set, unless people still feel like they have a good dispute for pictures posted.

Whatever these Montana ones are:

football.jpg

Considering that these incorporate Montanta's ACTUAL school colors (unlike their regular uniforms), I rather like these. Especially when you think of all the disasters that could've emerged from the use of gold, silver and copper.

Yeah, I believe they wear these in honor of the 1995 National Championship. so yeah.

Texas A&M: MONOCHROME!!!!!

A&M_2001tugame2.jpg

Those A&M ones are from pre 2004 right? Or am I being stupid... They don't use that logo anymore, same with the pants.

You are correct sir. This particular photo is from 2001. The maroon pants have made a few other appearances, but this was one of the rare convergences of the maroon helmet, maroon facemask, maroon jersey, maroon pants and black shoes.

Archived