Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

Boise State:

smurfturf.jpg

The late-'90s look. The helmet script was clearly an attempt to rip off the Gators, there's no striping anywhere, and the wordmark was gigantic. They looked like a low-budget Pop Warner team. It didn't help matters that they had to wear this ridiculously cartoony and ugly conference logo:

BigWestConference_100.png

I actually really like those, nice and simple. It's just my humble opinion of course, but to me they aren't half bad. It'd have been really great, however, if they had something like a white-orange-white stripe pattern on the side of the pants.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to nominate Pitt's all gold uniforms. I don't have a pic, but I remember them wearing them against Louisville (in black) years ago.

For Arkansas State, it'd either be these uniforms from 2006 for the messed up logo on the helmet (should be this), the awful swooshy sidepanels and shadowed numbers. Oh, and they managed to get the stAte logo right on the jersey. Plus, the striping used at home, wasn't the same as what was used on the road.

idqhaevpowqhcaz20061112.jpgknxjysgvkwuixuo20061014.jpg

Or it could be the new uniforms the Red Wolves will be using this season which feature dark numbers on dark jerseys (which are then mismatched on the shoulders), and are also plain as plain can be other than the idiotic numbers.

564074573628ab62e226o.jpg

Home Design

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5697/jersey3.png

OR, a third option would be Arkansas State's uniforms from the late 90s and 2000. They had a black helmet with the ASU script (a logo nobody liked), red jerseys with white-black-white shoulder striping and black numbers with white outline. Can't find a pic on the net though.

I'd assume we can all agree these are the worst for Notre Dame?

tunnel.jpg

I'd agree. For me, it's simply the mismatched gold & the fact that it's pretty bad compared to the other times when Notre Dame has worn green.

Whatever these Montana ones are:

football.jpg

Considering that these incorporate Montanta's ACTUAL school colors (unlike their regular uniforms), I rather like these. Especially when you think of all the disasters that could've emerged from the use of gold, silver and copper.

This question's ridiculously easy to answer for Syracuse

syracuse-football-uniform.jpg

Had this been with white pants, it wouldn't be too bad. Hell, if there was any white, period. Orange on top of orange on top of orange, plus the only other color on the uniform's navy? Well, you've got your runaway winner for the worst Syracuse uniform ever worn.

And no, I'm not counting the sea green and pink era. I don't think any photographical evidence exists from those days :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Whatever these Montana ones are:

football.jpg

Considering that these incorporate Montanta's ACTUAL school colors (unlike their regular uniforms), I rather like these. Especially when you think of all the disasters that could've emerged from the use of gold, silver and copper.

Granted, copper and gold are not a great color combination and they look pretty bad here... like a bowl of sweet potatoes. But the uniform design is simple and perfect. I think I might work on a concept incorporating all of the original school colors; it can be done better!

Go Cougs.

I'd assume we can all agree these are the worst for Notre Dame?

tunnel.jpg

I'd agree. For me, it's simply the mismatched gold & the fact that it's pretty bad compared to the other times when Notre Dame has worn green.

It get's a pass from me, as it's a throwback, and the original Devine era uniforms used an athletic gold.

As for what I think is ND's worst uniform:

duerson-faust.jpg

Totally wrong blue, and sleeve stripes; It just doesn't look like ND.

spacer.png

according to Wiki Montana's school colors are maroon and silver. also, it's irrelevant because they arent an FBS team

IIRC, maroon and silver were adopted in the 90s as "spirit colors" for the athletic department. The official school colors have always been gold, silver and copper in honor of the state's mining history.

As far as LSU goes, I have to say that this is the worst of the combos posted already:

herbtyler.jpg

If not for any reason other than the yellows not quite matching between the helmets and jerseys. But I don't this it's a bad look. But it is worse than this look:

Independence971.jpg

I actually like both of these:

1460618956_7c0eb082a8.jpgLSU-Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniform.jpg

True, the truncated stripes on the Katrina jerseys were strange, the white helmet/pant combo and shoulder logos more than make up for it. And, personally as an LSU alum and fan, I LOVED the pro combat as just a one-time thing. The gold color was pretty unique and was a nod back to unis from the 1940s.

I would venture to say that this is the worst look ever from LSU: purple pants vs Kentucky in the 1990s. Problem is, I can't find a color picture of them with the purple pants:

fball2.gif

gYH2mW9.png

I would venture to say that this is the worst look ever from LSU: purple pants vs Kentucky in the 1990s. Problem is, I can't find a color picture of them with the purple pants:

fball2.gif

Whenever I see that picture, I'm always amazed how the LSU player's name in the caption doesn't match up to the LSU player's name in the picture. How hard is it to see that the LSU QB is "M. Hill"?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

@burgundyskins

great find! what year is that from? they look like Pitt. not a bad uniform design...but for Notre Dame it's an awful fit.

Those are from 1982, during the Gerry Faust era. Here's the away version (with Pitt even in the background):

pinkett.jpg

Not as bad as the home, but still doesn't quite fit ND.

spacer.png

Archived