Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

I think the all-black was visually appealing, but it was black for the sake of black, though FSU attempted to tie it into the Seminole Nation flag. So I'm gonna nominate these as the worst. Didn't like the jersey trim at all.

1209_large.jpg

FSU2.gif

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

I think the all-black was visually appealing, but it was black for the sake of black, though FSU attempted to tie it into the Seminole Nation flag. So I'm gonna nominate these as the worst. Didn't like the jersey trim at all.

For those that use the phrase "BFBS", yea this fits the bill. But this one always looked good to me.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

You're crazy! I LOVE that uniform combo for FSU.

That's actually a Photoshop IIRC...

As for the ACC, teams like Carolina, Wake Forest and Virginia have had a pretty clean history of great uniforms...

Ummm...only UNC. The Tar Heels have almost always had great football uni's. Can't say the same for the other two.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

As for the ACC, teams like Carolina, Wake Forest and Virginia have had a pretty clean history of great uniforms...

yeah that's not the real uniform.

The PC uniform may be the worst. FSU hasn't done much to the uniforms over the years so it's kind hard to find one that really stands out. BTW, with Arizona State getting the FSU look-a-like number font on their new stuff, wouldn't be surprised if FSU starts to use the font from the PC uniforms in the next year or two.

procombatjerseysgregreidpuntreturnv.jpg

FSU2.gif

I personally like them, but the vast majority hates Cal's current all gold look

jahvid-best-p111.jpg

spleenenator hasn't posted cause he's still looking through the infinite combinations of ugly

I'm with you, I think those are pretty sweet. At the very least, they definitely have to have had a uniform worse than that at some point.

This is worse.

cal_bears_football_090207_0052.jpg

Broncos rip-offs grind my gears.

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

yeah that's not the real uniform.

The PC uniform may be the worst. FSU hasn't done much to the uniforms over the years so it's kind hard to find one that really stands out. BTW, with Arizona State getting the FSU look-a-like number font on their new stuff, wouldn't be surprised if FSU starts to use the font from the PC uniforms in the next year or two.

procombatjerseysgregreidpuntreturnv.jpg

I hope they start using that number font... I absolutely despise their current number font, it takes their uniform to perfect to good.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Yeah, some teams will be tough b/c they've never really sported a bad uniform.

I'll throw in for UNC and Virginia. These are worst in my opinion. Disputes?

92614725_10-600x400.jpg

Not really a bad set, but navy blue just doesn't say UNC to me. Are there any UNC uniforms I've missed that are bad? I've searched, but everything I've seen is pretty basic, classic UNC

Virginia-Cavaliers-Football-Uniforms.jpg

Virginia is easy for me. I loved their previous uniforms with the logo on the sleeves and the classic pants, striped socks. One of the better ones in my book. The new ones took away their entire identity and replaced it with generic mush.

92614725_10-600x400.jpg

Not really a bad set, but navy blue just doesn't say UNC to me. Are there any UNC uniforms I've missed that are bad? I've searched, but everything I've seen is pretty basic, classic UNC

Virginia is easy for me. I loved their previous uniforms with the logo on the sleeves and the classic pants, striped socks. One of the better ones in my book. The new ones took away their entire identity and replaced it with generic mush.

I like the new UVa better than the old ones. They have some character but aren't overdone like alot of contemporary designs.

92614725_10-600x400.jpg

I like the new UVa better than the old ones. They have some character but aren't overdone like alot of contemporary designs.

virginia-cavaliers.jpg

This wasn't overdone like a lot of contemporary designs. They took a whole lot of character from the football unis with the new ones. I could've done without the Broncos-ish helmet stripes, but the old UVa unis were better, IMO. They're both good, but I prefer the old ones.

UVA did some weird crap in the 80s and 90s with their uniforms, including this look, no logo on the helmet and only 2 stripes, which was also the way the pants were. Didn't look bad, just strange. There's also block V's on each sleeve.

1990_football_poster.JPG

FSU2.gif

For the Horns, I'm going to go with the Tommy Nobis era (early 60's) unis that featured a "TEXAS" script visible from outer space. These only lasted a few years before Texas temporarily dropped the script, only to bring it back in a much more pleasant size and font. Texas also wore unis in the 40's that featured a much brighter orange, as burnt orange dye was apparently not available during the war effort.

tommisnobis_display_image.jpg?1290906095TommyNobis.jpg

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

For those that use the phrase "BFBS", yea this fits the bill. But this one always looked good to me.

I hate this stupid BFBS term. First of all, Black is a neutral color, just like white or gray. It can be used with anything, so people might as well say there's a lot of those damn white jerseys in sports! and gray in baseball.

also, FSU has black in it's logo last time I checked. I guess their PC uniforms had a lot of Red for Red Sake

I don't mean this as an insult to you, since you are a fellow Browns fan. But rather a vent about how annoying it is to hear people cry about it every two seconds around here, when there's nothing wrong with it!

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

I hate this stupid BFBS term. First of all, Black is a neutral color, just like white or gray. It can be used with anything, so people might as well say there's a lot of those damn white jerseys in sports! and gray in baseball.

also, FSU has black in it's logo last time I checked. I guess their PC uniforms had a lot of Red for Red Sake

When teams wear white, they are doing it to distinguish themselves from the opposite team.

When teams wear BFBS, they are doing so at the expense of their actual school colors (let me know when you see a team wear black uniforms on the road instead of at home and you might have a point).

Having black in a logo doesn't make it a school color or mean that is looks good aesthetically.

Archived