Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan's home uniforms have been classic forever. The roads not so much. These from the mid 70s were as boring as can be...

c4f973707fb1785eb4022b15e3a2ec75374e4b22.jpg?x=200&y=250&sig=492c6ec17a2af7a3637fa295d425b868

And the current crop of Michigan State uniforms are terrible. Since when is bronze a school color?

42-19433-Y.jpg

Interesting Spartan jersey history website here: http://www.spartanjerseys.com/

Those MSU unis are horrible. These MSU unis would be perfect, with a single thin green stripe on the pants:

4-7.jpg

For Michigan, I hate Adidas. The home unis now aren't that bad, but the roads I don't like (although they are being tweaked this year removing the maize piping, the Adidas template still sucks). I would give anything for us to return to Nike. The swag we used to get was MUCH better than the crap they get now and the Adidas retail offerings are ugly.

spikes.jpg

I know a lot of Spartans fans hate these, but I liked the '02 football uniforms.

57293591_8b5490534e.jpg

That set was one of the few to pull off piping in a classy, understated manner. I still can't believe they replaced those with these:

They look good in that photo. I like them, but I wish the "State" and number were 5 inches closer to the collar. I hate the placement of the flag, but I'm sure it's a "The flag is right over our heart" idea. Balance the flag and the Nike logo, and it'd look better.

And I don't know why, but I like the S logo a lot better than the spartan.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know a lot of Spartans fans hate these, but I liked the '02 football uniforms.

57293591_8b5490534e.jpg

That set was one of the few to pull off piping in a classy, understated manner. I still can't believe they replaced those with these:

72355525_display_image.jpg

I think the State script was too big and too low on those. They didn't look that bad in hindsight. I hate the Spartan head logo, and thought the block S with the single stripe was a beautiful helmet for MSU.

spikes.jpg

^^^^^ Put the 1938 helmet on the 1939 jersey, and add on some red pants. There. You have a perfect pro combat uniform.

Lemme know what you think...

OUsooners_NPC_1.png

(Made a few little "changes", though.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

57293591_8b5490534e.jpg

I liked those too. Looking back at them now, they seem incredibly tame by today's standards, but at the time everyone was all aghast that Michigan State would use such radical striping.

Here's how they looked from the side

1439057_display_image.jpg?1279323178

PvO6ZWJ.png

What in the wide world of sports is going on here!? These were allowed?!

byu-bibs.jpg

The previous MU one posted was pretty bad, but the nasty ones sported against KU a few years ago have got to be worse:

112908_muku2_ac2_t_w600_h1200.jpg

As for KU, I agree that the blue/red/blue combo was pretty awful. I don't mind the Jayhawk on the helmet, but the blue/red/blue just doesn't work.

Here's Oklahoma's uni history.

Oklahoma.jpg

Their 1915 jersey is perfection!!

Why is Nebraska written in both end zones for an Oklahoma poster?

Because the image designers were lazy and used Nebraska's stadium for the background.

Are the stadiums that similar?

Both stadiums have "Memorial" in the name, so that may have lead to the confusion. Reading the endzone text would have immediately brought the mistake to light.

Go Cougs.

Archived