University of Maryland

leopard88

From this morning's Baltimore Sun --

Maryland?s Media Day included introductory remarks by Edsall and a question-and-answer session with player captains Kenny Tate, Joe Vellano, Andrew Gonnella and Meggett.

But it did not include the customary photo opportunity of the Terps in their game uniforms. That?s because the team is getting new uniforms this season.

The official unveiling is Aug. 22.

It is already known that Maryland's football uniforms and field markings ? which in recent years have highlighted the word "Terps" ? have been redesigned and will more prominently display "Maryland."

The uniforms will no longer include players? names on the backs of their jerseys. Asked about that change Tuesday, Meggett said it mattered little because fans could hardly read the names from the stands.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this morning's Baltimore Sun --

Maryland's Media Day included introductory remarks by Edsall and a question-and-answer session with player captains Kenny Tate, Joe Vellano, Andrew Gonnella and Meggett.

But it did not include the customary photo opportunity of the Terps in their game uniforms. That's because the team is getting new uniforms this season.

The official unveiling is Aug. 22.

It is already known that Maryland's football uniforms and field markings ? which in recent years have highlighted the word "Terps" ? have been redesigned and will more prominently display "Maryland."

The uniforms will no longer include players' names on the backs of their jerseys. Asked about that change Tuesday, Meggett said it mattered little because fans could hardly read the names from the stands.

I've always thought not putting names on jerseys was kind of dumb. Unless you have the tradition of a Notre Dame, kids want to see their name on their own jersey so it hurts recruiting and some manufacturers end up putting the number too low on the back so it looks dumb without a name. Plus, the excuse that they can't see them from the stands is an odd one.

Names can easily be read on television. And people who pay the big bucks to sit in the lower sections of the stadium can read names just fine. And really, if you're big enough of a fan to go to games, you know who most of the players are anyway. Names on jerseys are just a small bonus for the kids. I know I'd like my name on there.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Official unveiling is tonight at 7:30 EDT.

www.umterps,com

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Wow... UA just rammed a fistful of ugly right up Maryland's @$$

And yet there are comments like this on the album page on facebook:

"There really should be no complaints at all. These uniforms are fantastic!"

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I don't mind the black jerseys or pants. Gradient numbers ruin what would be decent red jerseys. I can't stand the yellow jerseys or pants. I understand yellow is part of UM's identity but there's a reason the Terps only had it as a trim color under the Fridge. Those helmets look bare without a logo or lettering, especially the white one.

Is it just me, or is that font UA's answer to Agency?

I know I'm in the minority when I say that I don't think they're really as bad as people are making them out to be. You can never please everyone when it comes to this stuff... Granted the gradients are a little unnecessary but I think this set could be way worse.

Lets just hope theres no black on yellow look. I love my terps but leave the yellow as an accent. Only the lax and basketball teams should rock yellow uniforms. #justsaying

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: these look like a 2 yo kid was given 4 crayons and told to fill in the Official Maryland Football coloring Book... then a hungover UA design team member, who had no ideas the morning of the pitch meeting, found the book under a pile of dirty underoos and thought, hey this might work.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

WOW...if Lefty wanted to make them the UCLA of the east in the 70's, Under Armour has made them the Oregon of the east in the 10's.

The 2011 Terps!

They stole your turtle shell helmet design!

These are far from fantastic, but not exactly the worst things ever IMO. I'm going to need better photos to really argue that point, but I really think these aren't as bad as they're being made out to be. If they wear White helmet/Red jersey/White pants and White helmet/White jersey/Red pants most of the time then they'll make this whole idea much easier to swallow.

agreed. Maybe they could burn the rest of them. The helmets aren't too bad.

These are far from fantastic, but not exactly the worst things ever IMO. I'm going to need better photos to really argue that point, but I really think these aren't as bad as they're being made out to be. If they wear White helmet/Red jersey/White pants and White helmet/White jersey/Red pants most of the time then they'll make this whole idea much easier to swallow.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived