2011 Women's world cup

BigMac12

And I just thought I'd bring this up, anyone else notice how Hope Solo's hotness may be getting more attention than the actual team is? That thought came to me when reading the top comment.

Since there's a large chunk of male hetero fans, it's not really surprising.

(P.S. Megan Rapinoe :wub:)

(P.P.S. Alex Morgan dribble.gif)

You beat me to it. In my opinion she's number one on the team followed by Solo.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what it is about her, but I too have developed a huge crush for Megan Rapinoe. I guess I like that she's kind of smaller and she carries herself in a really great way on the field. It doesn't hurt that she's a pretty good soccer player.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I am so mad I missed that US Brazil game...I was on a plane going to Hawaii during the game and looking at the highlights, the game looked epic. But now the US is the clear favorite out of the 4 teams left in the World Cup. France tomorrow!

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I am so mad I missed that US Brazil game...I was on a plane going to Hawaii during the game and looking at the highlights, the game looked epic. But now the US is the clear favorite out of the 4 teams left in the World Cup. France tomorrow!

I'd have to think that Sweden would be favored over the US if they met in the final. But I'll actually be watching the match tomorrow, and I didn't think I'd be doing that when this tournament started.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Two thoughts on a Japan-USA final:

1) The two sentimental favorites in the tournament (remember, the JWNT is playing for a nation that's still digging out from a huge earthquake, tsunami and nuclear near-meltdown) are now on a collision course. Some bandwagoneers from Germany and elsewhere are going to have to choose one side or the other now.

2) I was just thinking the other day that if the USWNT won today (which they did), the only thing that could keep them and the Final from capturing the hearts of the nation was something like, perhaps, a big chunk of the nation being distracted by the opening of the most hotly anticipated movie at least since The Dark Knight.

CCSLC signature.png

And I just thought I'd bring this up, anyone else notice how Hope Solo's hotness may be getting more attention than the actual team is? That thought came to me when reading the top comment.

Since there's a large chunk of male hetero fans, it's not really surprising.

(P.S. Megan Rapinoe :wub:)

(P.P.S. Alex Morgan dribble.gif)

You beat me to it. In my opinion she's number one on the team followed by Solo.

Same here. Not as big a fan of Rapinoe, though I do love how she plays.

Solo is a close #2. Something about those angry eyebrows makes me think she'd be an absolute freak in bed.

Mitts would be hot, but the fact that she's the only gal on the team who hasn't played yet this tournament is kind of unappealing haha

And don't hate on Wambach. She's from my town (you should see my facebook feed during every match, especially when she scores the winning goals)

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

And that Abby Wambach is a good-looking dude....

I Met her when she was a sophomore at UF. She had a huge dildo collection and LOVED to show it off. She would invite people up all the time and show it off. You would think this would be hot but it wasnt. It really wasnt.

I Met her when she was a sophomore at UF. She had a huge dildo collection and LOVED to show it off. She would invite people up all the time and show it off. You would think this would be hot but it wasnt. It really wasnt.

:wacko::shocked: WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

She wouldnt demonstrate or anything. Just liked to show. Of course with her teammates it might be another story. A lot of scissors but no construction paper.

She wouldnt demonstrate or anything. Just liked to show. Of course with her teammates it might be another story. A lot of scissors but no construction paper.

Wow! Your posts made my day, Island_Style. ^_^

This is exactly where I would expect this thread to end up lol.

But seriously when watching the Japan-Sweden game and hearing all that the Japanese team has been through, I kind of feel bad for them and wouldn't be too annoyed if they beat us. Don't get me wrong I'll still be rooting very hard for our women, but if they had to lose to one team in the final, I would probably want it to be Japan.

All right, ESPN. I get that the game-tying goal against Brazil was amazing. Truly it was a great play... But methinks you're really starting to stretch it too far for its own worth at this point.

(And yeah, I know it's ESPN, and that alone will generate some "psshhhh whatever, you listen to ESPN? pshhhh" around here. But they're still the preeminent sports reporting outlet in the world and they should be held up to some standard. Again go ahead and laugh. Actually the ombudsman section of the ESPN Website is one of the most interesting part of the site.)

First you put it into a Top 10 of the most dramatic moments ever just hours after it happened. Then you backdoor it into the ESPYs (again, I know. ESPYs. Whatever) Top Play voting, passing up your own system to put it into the final vote, then it somehow wins the Top Play vote, and there's already an acceptance video from the US Women. Now they just made it #1 on the Top 10 plays of 2011 so far.

It's amazing, but you're starting to make a real ass of yourself over it.

(I know. Ha. ESPN. Ha.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived