San Jose Sharks redesign..

elliott

This thread doesn't deserve to fall off the first page so quickly. I really like how your updated logo looks. The full body version on the third is the better than the one in the triangle logo IMO. Sticking with the third jersey, I think that's easily the best of the bunch. Teal looks best as the color for a Sharks jersey. I like that the striping is mostly traditional like they've had for 2 of their 3 uniform sets but still has the bite marks at the bottom to give the team a modern look that a team from the 90s should have. The jersey design on the home and road aren't bad, but I think it would be best to have the home be the teal one you have with a matching white road and the black jersey you have as the third.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Awesome job. I love the color scheme without orange, and with the addition of grey. The logos and unis are just about perfect. The only problem I have with it, is that the bottom row of teeth look a bitt off, but I like the exclusion of thestick. I think it's still a great logo without it.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Hey, soo I have a few more NHL concepts to post, mostly because I have used this newer template as an opportunity to go back and refine some designs. More baseball concepts to come, specifically a d-backs concept that is shaping into something decent.

First, the Sharks. Color scheme changes from the current teal-orange that I don't really love back to the familiar teal and silver, the teal becomes darker accented by a mid-tone gray. Primary logo is my attempt at refining what they have now, the basic shape is the same, the hockey stick is gone, and the detail on its body becomes gray instead of teal which I think helps it be a little more realistic color-wise, but other elements become more stylized with bolder lines to lose the "anime" feel. The triangle loses the curved line at the top for a more conventional geometric shape, and the design inside the triangle is a new stripe scheme. The secondary is a full body view. Home/away design is inspired by the old buffaslug jerseys; I wanted a strict departure from the traditional current design in favor of a sleek striping look, with the inner shape (white on the black jersey) resembling a shark fin. Black is now the home color since they seemed to be going that way with the choice to wear black in the playoffs. The silver striping continues on to the pants, originally this stripe was the width of typical piping but I widened into a "stripe" in another reference to the buffaslug jersey. Alternate jersey is teal and gets interesting, the main striping pattern is inspired by the thrashers old pattern (r.i.p.) with shark-tooth detail and a bite taken out of the silver stripe (I have a bigger view posted below so you can see). Also notice that the socks are black at the top for a Capitals-esque stripe design and color balance.

SharksNew-2.gif

SharksNew-2-stripe.gif

Now here are some updates:

Islanders: the oldest of the bunch has refined striping, tweaked collar design, new socks, and an all-new orange alternate.

NYI link

Penguins: Tweaked primary logo, a few tweaks in the secondary logo, new treatment of the number font outline, tweaked shoulder design. Not much here but I think the new template helps out the sleeve striping.

PIT link

Panthers: New striping design, more pronounced tapering of the sleeve stripes, new secondary logo, dropped the old palm tree F logo, numbers on the road are red instead of navy, circle logo appears on the shoulder, different NOB font, tweaked pants stripe, all-new alternate, notice the crest has much more yellow on the alt to match the lack of white in the striping.

FLA link

tell me what you think.

This has to be the best Shark concept I have ever seen! Amazing! I love the shark tooth pattern.

spacer.png

i love the sharks and panthers concepts. executed perfectly. i look forward to seeing more of your work.

you use traditional designs and upgrade them which is a plus in my book. I'd like to see you modernize the Wings, blackhawks and Flyers for sure. Both have respectable logos but could use a slight improvement - something i think you can do well.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The teal third jersey is by far the best of the bunch. Really liking that original striping detail. Not sold on the Home and Aways though. The Sharks are the teal team and there is no reason for them to have a black primary. Also those apron stripes...

• 5 months later...

This set is great! I love the look. I would make the gray more of a metallic silver, and with this set I might lighten the teal just a tad. With the uniforms, I'd first have the teal the home uniform and I'd suggest the patterns matching. (i.e. make the teal jersey in line with the black one as far as piping and sleeves.

I don't mind orange in the logo as it's always been there, but I'm not a big fan of it on the uniforms. Personally though I prefer Teal, Black and Silver.

Good work!!

You need some hem striping on the home and away jerseys, even if it's something really simple. The old Sharks jerseys used a simple gray stripe to separate it from the pants, but it would help balance the jerseys out IMO. Great stuff as always elliot.

your work is flat out amazing. i love the sharks with grey, and you just made this team look awesome. however, im not a fan out the template your using.this isn't meant to be a blow at you, but you should use a better template. also fix up some of the blurriness on the concepts. you want people to respect your work, right? just telling you how it would look top notch. im alos a fan of the islanders. the panthers one however, needs its bottom stripes fixed. the penguins logo looks too cartoony for my tastes. the only team that can pull that off is the ducks.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived