2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, let me clarify something right off the bat. Anyone, in my opinion, who is spouting off insults against the Giants are not, I repeat NOT true Boston fans. These are the bandwagon fans that so many people (including some here) think represent the entire fabric of Boston sports. They do not. They jumped on the team because they started winning. Let's look at a quick case study.

At this point last year, go anywhere except Boston and count how many Bruins things you can find. Hats, t-shirts, mugs, whatever, that people are wearing or using. Not many, right? Now, go into Boston at that same point last year and you're bound to still see Bruins merchandise everywhere (retail stores not included). These are the diehards; the true Boston fans. The fans who are my age and can tell you the "glory days" of players like Darren Van Impe and Kenny Anderson representing their respective sports teams in the Hub. The fans who are my dad's age and can tell you about the likes of Jim Plunkett and Luis Tiant who won nothing as members of Boston professional sports franchises. Not these bandwagon yahoos who have labeled themselves "diehard Boston fans" when they couldn't tell you the difference between Joe Andruzzi and Joe Thornton. Everyone knows Boston fans are passionate and might come off as irritating, but the ones taking it over the hump ARE NOT true Boston sports fans. They're nothing but greedy :censored:s who want another championship they don't deserve any part of enjoying. /rant

New York, you won. Congratulations. No matter what side you were on, it was a fantastic game to watch and the finish was exciting. Enjoy it and I'm excited for next season, too.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Alright, let me clarify something right off the bat. Anyone, in my opinion, who is spouting off insults against the Giants are not, I repeat NOT true Boston fans. These are the bandwagon fans that so many people (including some here) think represent the entire fabric of Boston sports. They do not. They jumped on the team because they started winning. Let's look at a quick case study.

At this point last year, go anywhere except Boston and count how many Bruins things you can find. Hats, t-shirts, mugs, whatever, that people are wearing or using. Not many, right? Now, go into Boston at that same point last year and you're bound to still see Bruins merchandise everywhere (retail stores not included). These are the diehards; the true Boston fans. The fans who are my age and can tell you the "glory days" of players like Darren Van Impe and Kenny Anderson representing their respective sports teams in the Hub. The fans who are my dad's age and can tell you about the likes of Jim Plunkett and Luis Tiant who won nothing as members of Boston professional sports franchises. Not these bandwagon yahoos who have labeled themselves "diehard Boston fans" when they couldn't tell you the difference between Joe Andruzzi and Joe Thornton. Everyone knows Boston fans are passionate and might come off as irritating, but the ones taking it over the hump ARE NOT true Boston sports fans. They're nothing but greedy :censored:s who want another championship they don't deserve any part of enjoying. /rant

New York, you won. Congratulations. No matter what side you were on, it was a fantastic game to watch and the finish was exciting. Enjoy it and I'm excited for next season, too.

I have no problems with Boston fans. I'm a Mets fan so I hate the Yankees and like to see the Red Sox do well. And I'm a Giants fan who hates the Jets so I like to see the Patriots do well.

Hey Pats fans, Where was Myra Kraft on that hail mary? ^_^

Let's not. That wore out two weeks ago.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Brass, I've been a Patriots fan since 1976 so I do represent the average Boston sports fan. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1975. I've been a Celtics fans since 1977.I've never been a Bruins fans. This just sucks. Period. And as for the Myra Kraft comment from before. She's still dead. Give it a break.

Not classless at all. "The agony of defeat" is an essential part of any good sports story. To ignore that, for any reason, would be negligent on NBC's part.

It's official. Eli Manning is the next Tim Tebow. B) What a comeback.

Eli was Tebow before anyone knew of Tebow.

And Eli will be "Tebow" when Tebow is out of the league.

Eli is the exact same guy, without the identity-politics merchandizing machine. Oh, yeah, and Eli's actually a very good quarterback. ;)

Classless move by NBC showing Mr. Kraft in defeat glare.gif

Not really, but I'm sure you're having a tough night and saying things you don't mean.

I didn't find it classless.

I found it sad for him.

It was a moment where he looked like he was saying to himself "I've lost everything" and was pushing through it.

sig-1.png

As a part-owner of the Green Bay Packers, I hope this evening is seared into all of my employees' brains, at least for the next 52 weeks. That could have been the Packers lifting the Lombardi tonight, if they had shown up to play football against the Giants in the divisional round three weeks ago.

CCSLC signature.png

I'm now convinced that Tom Brady will never be Joe Montana, so everyone can just STOP with all the "he's the next" talk. At best, his career mirrors John Elway's, only in reverse -- won early in his career, lost late.

Eli now has 2 rings, beat the Pats both times. He's on Big Ben's level now, but still not a definitely HOFer in my view.

6uXNWAo.png

Not classless at all. "The agony of defeat" is an essential part of any good sports story. To ignore that, for any reason, would be negligent on NBC's part.

Not to mention that was a pretty big story in the build up to the game. It was a saddening shot, in my opinion, but an essential one I think.

IUe6Hvh.png

As a part-owner of the Green Bay Packers, I hope this evening is seared into all of my employees' brains, at least for the next 52 weeks. That could have been the Packers lifting the Lombardi tonight, if they had shown up to play football against the Giants in the divisional round three weeks ago.

Maybe.

Or maybe the Packers would have fallen short, and only the team that could beat them could also go on to win the next two games.

Archived