2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After having some time to think about this, as a Pats fan, I'm sad but not crushed by this loss. After the Giants beat Green Bay, I had a really bad feeling about potentially having to match up with the pesky G-Men again.

As for the game itself, there were some mistakes by the Patriots that potentially could have changed the outcome, but I'm not ready to throw those players under the bus. The fact of the matter is, without Brady, Welker, Aaron Hernandez, the Patriots aren't going to be in the Superbowl.

Even though it's just over three hours old, I will look back at this season positively. The SB loss shouldn't take away from what the Pats accomplished. A 13-3 season and a AFC crown. An epic season for Rob Gronkowski. And last but not least, there's still a reason for optimism. Some are talking about the New England window closing, but I disagree. I think that Brady still has a few years left as being a top QB and that the rest of the Pats core is still developing and getting better.

Congratulations Giants, you deserved it. As for all of you that are just celebrating a Patriots loss, you can go :censored: yourself, you literally have no right to talk because your team didn't go as far as the Pats this year and probably hasn't accomplished as much as them in the past decade.

Only 2 weeks till pitchers and catchers report, and the Celtics have won 8 out of 9!!

Oh I'm sure you've never expressed joy when a team you hate, like the Yankees maybe, lost. So you know what... go :censored:yourself. The Patriots have given people damn good reason to dislike them and cheer their failures.

I know we've bickered quite a bit throughout the season, but we can agree on this. Everyone has at least one team that they loathe and want to see lose.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

67877202.jpg

(*.5)(*) (*) (*) (*)

Yeah, that was weird. But it was the subject of a good laugh - my brother turned to me when that guy appeared and said "what's with Jackie Moon and the tightrope?"

I thought it was Richard Simmons for a minute

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I guess we know who wears the pants in the Brady Family

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/06/gisele-consoles-brady-rips-bleepin-patriots-receivers-after-loss/?src=fb

The prayers of Gisele Bundchen and her entourage went unanswered on Super Bowl Sunday.

Tom Brady?s supermodel wife watched helplessly as Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker dropped a wide-open chance to seal the deal on another Lombardi Trophy for New England.

Instead, Eli Manning and the Giants stormed back to win Super Bowl XLVI, 21-17.

Gisele?s frustration was on full display Sunday night after Brady?s desperate Hail Mary pass fell short in Indianapolis.

?Eli rules!? exclaimed a fan after the game as Bundchen left her luxury suite at Lucas Oil Stadium. ?Eli owns your husband!?

?You (have) to catch the ball when you?re supposed to catch the ball,? she snapped back. ?My husband cannot (bleeping) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can?t believe they dropped the ball so many times.?

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

of hard to think of a guy who has a Gazillion dollars, three Super Bowl rings, an NFL team, and a long and happy marriage as comparing a loss in a football game to "losing everything." I'm pretty sure that Mr. Kraft, while probably still mourning his wonderful late wife, would agree that he hasn't "lost everything." He strikes me as the type of person who would do a better job than fans of his team apparently are of keeping something like a Super Bowl loss in perspective.

Just a thought.

I guess "everything" was too strong a word.

But it did look to me like he was processing more than "just" a Super Bowl loss.

Especially when everyone parted and he was alone in the center of the box.

Too bad Gronk stopped running toward the pack as the ball came down.

If he ran straight to the pack without pausing, he would have had a great shot at catching it.

As it is, it wasn't as close as NBC made it out to be.

sig-1.png

And remember why the NFL went to "older" acts? THIS is a reminder why:

sb46_finger.png

Whose idiotic idea was it to smother the world with musical diarrhea like Minaj and LMFAO during such a huge event? It's like they want earth's population to be subject to the pinnacle of untalented faux-cultured swill, snuck in under the skirts of another pop culture relic like Madonna.

The NFL clearly needs to turn to the musical "talents" of death metal. :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Anyways, I absoultely KNOW I could walk away from football if the Jets won the Lombardi, and the same with baseball and the Cubs. Someday......

Just curious, why would you walk away?

Mission: Acomplished.

I've spend decades dying to see either of those two teams win it all JUST ONCE. Pretty sure the moment that happens, I won't have the same desire and feel the same need to keep up with the sport year after year -- especially baseball which is already hard enough to watch. Don't get me wrong, I will always support my teams, but there will be less passion to see them win a title once it happens.

6uXNWAo.png

I remember when Steve Austin flipped people off five times a week (ten if you count both hands) and it was no big deal. We as a nation are losing our edge.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sb46_finger.png

Whose idiotic idea was it to smother the world with musical diarrhea like Minaj and LMFAO during such a huge event? It's like they want earth's population to be subject to the pinnacle of untalented faux-cultured swill, snuck in under the skirts of another pop culture relic like Madonna.

I don't like death metal or metal, period. I am pretty much just against having a halftime musical act, period.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Who cares about M.I.A's middle finger? Just inviting her to do the halftime show, you knew something was going to happen, but it just doesn't seem like a huge deal, the NFL and media is making it out to be.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

sb46_finger.png

I think Metalica would do a great Halftime.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The halftime show wasn't that bad, Jesus people. It's still a lot better than some of the recent ones have been. I for one didn't mind having the huge overarching main attraction with Madonna while filtering in small appearances by artists that are popular right now (LMFAO, CeeLo, Nicki Minaj). Madonna was still the big act with her big songs and big production, and you still got in some popular people on the radio right now that will probably never need a huge show for themselves. It's something they did last year (Usher, Slash), and so it's probably something we'll see in the future. They're trying to bring in everybody on all sides for these things. It may not be what YOU in particular like, but this works on a big lowest-common-denominator type setting for the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl isn't even just for football fans, it's for the median of the American population.

For Super Bowl XLVII, I'm doing an early nomination for the Foo Fighters or Red Hot Chili Peppers (and in either case, no pop cameos please. I'd say maybe a guest guitar solo, but Slash already kinda did that last year and that wasn't great.) Still kinda modern but with huge catalogs of history to delve into, stretches across demographics, don't necessarily sway to much to either end of whatever spectrum you want to look at.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Red Hot Chili Peppers wouldn't be terrible if the alternative is a thick slice of the Foo Fighters' rockloaf.

RHCP post-Frusciante I'm not sure I'd be too excited about.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I remember when Steve Austin flipped people off five times a week (ten if you count both hands) and it was no big deal. We as a nation are losing our edge.

Headline on the local newspaper's website was "MIA middle finger overshadows Super Bowl."

Must have been a big finger.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived