College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

When you call them the Blackshirts though it gets confusing

The whole Blackshirts thing kind of creeps me out.

Blackshirts.

I mean if that was it I can just hand wave it as a coincidence.

Then you see this.

Blackshirts-logo.gif

Which, when combined with the Blackshirts name, brings to mind this...

UHSSAllegmeinevisorF.jpg

It's an unfortunate combination of words and symbolism. That's all I'm saying.

Blackshirts were in Italy, in Germany they were the Brownshirts.

I don't think that makes it any better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackshirts were in Italy, in Germany they were the Brownshirts.

I don't think that makes it any better.

Exactly. I was coming from a "Nebraska's blackshirt thing reminds me of fascist/WW II Axis imagery." Not specifically Nazi Germany.

Is it my eyes, or do those Oregon pants look very blue-green? They certainly don't match the helmet.

hard to match matte pants to a shiny helmet. Also, tough to make different materials look the same color at night under lights.

I thought the helmet had shades of black in it, kinda like the Jacksonville Jaguars have in their helmet.

I doubt that their green helmet has "shades of black", but it's Oregon, so you never know.

Georgia Tech definitely does not need to wear a colored jersey at home. Although I loved the gold jerseys from the Gailey era, white is tradition there.

And, even as a Georgia fan (and Atlanta resident, which is key), I will say nothing is more beautiful than a Saturday on North Avenue in Atlanta (well...besides being in Athens). There's so much rich tradition that is part of a Georgia Tech game day, and the white shirts are a part of that. Asking them to ditch that...you might as well tell them to build a new stadium and junk the Ramblin Wreck.

xxxx

The ones they had worn at home when Chan was there were pretty damn sharp!

I liked the 'old gold'

So I guess life in Atlanta just wouldn't be the same if the Jackets wore these just a few times at home each season?

P.S. The Ramblin' Wreck is just fine wink2.gif

tashard.jpg66-06091-F.jpg

The only gold Tech should ever wear at home is the throwback look they used against UVa in 2006. White/slightly darker gold/white. The Gailey-era golds are pretty horribly mismatched. (and, incidentally, the gold isn't even their best colored option). I much prefer the gold/white/gold at home and gold/white/white on the road.

Any pics of Oregon from yesterday's game?

lllll

Here ya go .....

OREGON 56 - ARIZONA 36

LaMichael James 288 yards rushing.

2fe5635a93617317b821949cbf107ca1-getty-126314805.jpg

b712f96a9bf1e421114665adb03091bd-getty-126317031.jpg

5091bb97d5861ed41b3a8daa3b743779-getty-126319608.jpg

6935626538b179d25a7b621585b2d9ee-getty-126319498.jpg

660ed41a884a3af40eb94edba4206f95-getty-126322185.jpg

f5ecf8386cda75f9f16cc3e1d5e53cf6-getty-126321626.jpg

899fd3b882b6fd17ad26516dac6e257e-getty-126319464.jpg

These both look great however 2 things:

I think arizona would look a little better with matching helmet stripes.

Oregon, come on get some green socks and perfect that look, please!

GA Tech ... Wear a colored jersey at home. The white on gold pants are nice on the road, but aren't that great to have to look at week in and week out.

"Screw tradition simply because my opinion says it's not pleasant to see week in and week out."

Are you also a fan of LSU ditching the yellow-white-yellow look?

Geoff, I'm not a fan of any team wearing the same white uniforms set for virtually every game.... especially when they have what I consider a top-notch looking uniform set with a great colored jersey. Ex: Dallas Cowboys, LSU, GA Tech (not sure what they currently have), Cleveland Browns, and a few more.

To answer your question, yes, I'd like to see LSU wear their purple jersey set alot more than they do. I like GA Tech's white uniform set better than LSU's, but have a soft spot for LSU's because those were my High School colors and I think they look great. I like purple. I also like the LSU purple on yellow and Clemson's purple with orange trim throwbacks alot.

When I saw GA Tech wearing those old-golds years ago I thought they were awesome ..... and would love to see them wear 'em more often in Atlanta. I've always like the Jackets

lsu_unis.jpglsu-2.jpg

These GA Tech uniforms are just ultimately sharp. So much more refreshing to see than some of the NIKE creations and the ones that Under Armor had created for Maryland. Everyone's got their own opinion, that's mine. BTW, this morning on ESPN Lou Holtz and Mark May were debating each other on all the uniform hoopla in College Football. It was pretty funny, yet entertaining. What UA has done with Maryland, the whole system has gotten out of control.

tashard.jpg

GA Tech ... Wear a colored jersey at home. The white on gold pants are nice on the road, but aren't that great to have to look at week in and week out.

"Screw tradition simply because my opinion says it's not pleasant to see week in and week out."

Are you also a fan of LSU ditching the yellow-white-yellow look?

Geoff, I'm not a fan of any team wearing the same white uniforms set for virtually every game.... especially when they have what I consider a top-notch looking uniform set with a great colored jersey. Ex: Dallas Cowboys, LSU, GA Tech (not sure what they currently have), Cleveland Browns, and a few more.

To answer your question, yes, I'd like to see LSU wear their purple jersey set alot more than they do. I like GA Tech's white uniform set better than LSU's, but have a soft spot for LSU's because those were my High School colors and I think they look great. I like purple. I also like the LSU purple on yellow and Clemson's purple with orange trim throwbacks alot.

When I saw GA Tech wearing those old-golds years ago I thought they were awesome ..... and would love to see them wear 'em more often in Atlanta. I've always like the Jackets

lsu_unis.jpglsu-2.jpg

These GA Tech uniforms are just ultimately sharp. So much more refreshing to see than some of the NIKE creations and the ones that Under Armor had created for Maryland. Everyone's got their own opinion, that's mine. BTW, this morning on ESPN Lou Holtz and Mark May were debating each other on all the uniform hoopla in College Football. It was pretty funny, yet entertaining. What UA has done with Maryland, the whole system has gotten out of control.

tashard.jpg

Tech actually doesn't have a colored jersey in this set, they'll wear something from the 2009 set if someone forces them into a colored jersey (happened twice last year.) And, I'll say it again, the old gold throwbacks from 2006>the golds in your picture.

Make the collar blue, and add the "GEORGIA TECH" below it and it's perfection.

CalvinJohnson.jpg

I agree, but I actually think I like that helmet better than the gold one. I think it might be cool to see it with a blue facemask, just since the grey looks a little out of place. And of course, get them some better jersey quality than those Russel screen-on numbered shiny things.

More uninews.

Apparently, Northwest Missouri State has done not only BFBS, but is now the first to do RFRS, or Red for Red sake.

MK319617.jpg

It appears as though ECU as switched to the Skull and crossbones helmet full time.

10077247-large.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Texas A&M ready for the news conference tomorrow. 13th member of the SEC.

Where we will get slaughtered for the next 50 years, thank you very much, Mr. Loftin.

This, and the fact that they're voluntarily willing to say 'eff you' to a storied rivalry with the Longhorns are why I hate this move.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived