Denver Broncos Get Approval for Orange from the League

Captain Poncho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the Bears, I wish the Broncos would use a lighter dark blue to further differentiate themselves from the Bears.

But doesn't the stripe on the side of their uniform do enough to differentiate them from the bears? However, I do understand your point when it comes to fan wear like hoodies and T-shirts.

spacer.png

Speaking of the Bears, I wish the Broncos would use a lighter dark blue to further differentiate themselves from the Bears.

But doesn't the stripe on the side of their uniform do enough to differentiate them from the bears? However, I do understand your point when it comes to fan wear like hoodies and T-shirts.

For the record, neither the Navys nor the Oranges between the Bears and Broncos are the same.

Yeah the Bears' navy seems way darker.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the record, neither the Navys nor the Oranges between the Bears and Broncos are the same.

I'm sure that's the case but unless you are comparing side by side the general assumption is the teams have the same color scheme...especially in the eyes of the casual fan who only recognizes about 16 colors as opposed to the entire pantone spectrum that's discussed on these boards.

To add, the Florida Gators have commonly referred to their orange as "burnt orange" over the last decade or so...and we all know their orange is nothing like Texas' burnt orange.

Are you sure about that? I'm a Gator fan and have never heard 'burnt orange' for their colors. Methinks you are confusing them with Auburn, I believe their official colors are blue and burnt orange, although it's a lot brighter orange than Texas'.

Nike and Florida have consistently called the orange "burnt orange" since 2003 or 2004 or so. Definitely not thinking of Auburn.

I believe you, I'm not saying you didn't see that somewhere (in fact I found one Gator t-shirt on the web labeled as "burnt orange") but it is not correct. Florida's school colors are officially orange and blue, and I believe they always have been. Nike may have mislabeled something, but I'm quite certain Florida never did.

I wish I could find the site and article - I remember it because I never thought of Florida as using burnt orange, so it was odd. It was the year when they introduced the skinny font on the nameplates and the thinner numbers (first time using tackle-twill numbers, as well, IIRC).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know if its the lighting but I also have noticed that the unis look much darker than in the past. For the record, I am certainly not a fan of that.

It seems to me the Bears have always had a very dark navy blue that almost looks black under certain lighting conditions.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I don't know if its the lighting but I also have noticed that the unis look much darker than in the past. For the record, I am certainly not a fan of that.

It seems to me the Bears have always had a very dark navy blue that almost looks black under certain lighting conditions.

Hell, back in the 90s as a kid, I thought that the Bears wore black...then I got into video games and realized that they were wearing a very dark blue. I can definitely understand people mistaking the Bears' blue for black, it's that dark.

Hell, back in the 90s as a kid, I thought that the Bears wore black...then I got into video games and realized that they were wearing a very dark blue. I can definitely understand people mistaking the Bears' blue for black, it's that dark.

Yeah, it's dark. It was this in the earlier days:

ChicagoBearsNavy_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

And then was changed to this in 2002:

ChicagoBearsNavy_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

And - this will surprise some of you - the current color is the exact same shade that the Texans (Deep Steel Blue), Bills (both current and former sets) and Seahawks (the darker Blue) use.

Yeah, it's dark. It was this in the earlier days:

ChicagoBearsNavy_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

And then was changed to this in 2002:

ChicagoBearsNavy_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

And - this will surprise some of you - the current color is the exact same shade that the Texans (Deep Steel Blue), Bills (both current and former sets) and Seahawks (the darker Blue) use.

Yay! Different names for the same color! </sarcasm> :mad:

Yay! Different names for the same color! </sarcasm> :mad:

:lol:

Reminds me of the post of mine from a while ago that showed that Ohio State Scarlet and U. of Wisconsin Cardinal are exactly the same color.

OK, the Tebow era needs to be wearing orange. :)

Quite the opposite. The orange uni change next season will represent a brand new era. I highly doubt both Orton and Tebust will be on the 2012 Broncos roster. It is important to remember that John Elway and John Fox were not involved with the drafting of Timmy and do not have any attachment to him. I see them signing a veteran and drafting one of the top 3 QBs in the 2012 Draft.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Quite the opposite. The orange uni change next season will represent a brand new era. I highly doubt both Orton and Tebust will be on the 2012 Broncos roster. It is important to remember that John Elway and John Fox were not involved with the drafting of Timmy and do not have any attachment to him. I see them signing a veteran and drafting one of the top 3 QBs in the 2012 Draft.

Really? If you are going based on THAT alone, then it would have already happened.

Really? If you are going based on THAT alone, then it would have already happened.

just waitin on Luck...

I would seriously take a 1-15 season to get a new QB. Orton can't throw downfield, and Tebow sucks. Hey, why dont we give Brady Quinn a try?!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

You'll see. Plus, before the 2011 season, what exactly do you think any other team would've given the Broncos for Tebust? They used a 1st round pick to get him. Do you really REALLY think another team would give them a 1st or 2nd for a player that has done ZERO in the NFL? C'mon man. They are now just putting him out on the field to see what he can do (plus it shuts up the annoying man-crush Tebust fan base) and this give the Broncos 3 options:

1) Tebust turns into a superstar and they keep him and move forward.

2) Tebust plays decent and shows that he can be a starting QB in the NFL and therefore has value in the trade market.

3) Tebust and his "fans" see the reality that he isn't a legit NFL QB and the Broncos either cut him or they try to turn him into a TE. But more likely he is let go.

There's your 3 options.

Gotta feel for Brady Quinn though. He was #2 on their depth chart and got leapfrogged by Timmy.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

just waitin on Luck...

I would seriously take a 1-15 season to get a new QB. Orton can't throw downfield, and Tebow sucks. Hey, why dont we give Brady Quinn a try?!

As a Charger fan, all I can say was as bad as Tebow looked at times during that game, I'm sure glad he didn't play the whole game as I think Denver would have won. He energized the whole team. Amazing. Not sure what "it" is but he has it.

Orange+Tebow=Success

just waitin on Luck...

As a Charger fan, all I can say was as bad as Tebow looked at times during that game, I'm sure glad he didn't play the whole game as I think Denver would have won. He energized the whole team. Amazing. Not sure what "it" is but he has it.

Orange+Tebow=Success

it's called being a young running qb that has little film/scouting/defensive game planning against..this skill set translates to early success but tends to flame out quickly..for reference please also see: vick, michael or young, vince

Archived